Offense efficiency

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
That number will go up after tonight, sadly. The offense hasn't peaked, though.

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still trying to reconcile this. Inclined to chalk it up to Geno's "injury", but I don't know. Something seemed off with the play calling on more than a few drives.
There were a few things I didn't quite get, aside from too many effing flags to kill the enjoyment of watching the game. I don't want to break them down now...a bit tipsy from a MNF party...but I'll just say the offense has a LOT more potential.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
They didn't play the same game they've been playin cuz I think they didn't think they needed to against the gnats but in the second half when they went back to tight end sets it made the protection hold up better and the plays were more effective so I can't see a reason to not play everyone with that style giving you a running back , max protect or receivers and tight ends to throw to but they seem to only do it when they feel they have no other choice so there's gotta be a reason but I'd rather play to win as it seems it's hard to stop than just pull it out when your overmatched or nothing else is working

WarHawks

Reaction score
Our offense was underwhelming, but we got the job done. Take away the 14 points from the defense, and it would be a "meh" effort. Would love to see Geno throw for 4-5 td's and go off, but that just isn't his game. We're a good team, but not sure we have the juice to be on par with the 9'ers or Eagles in a championship level game. Time will tell. Hope I'm wrong.

sutz

Reaction score
Whatever. The offense was in 4 minute mode early in the 3rd quarter. Yeah, that can get boring. :)

toffee

Reaction score
Couple of thoughts:
  1. Our offense has been playing behind a rookie and at least two backups, our blocking is deteriorating game by game. Perhaps the opposing DC are getting more game films to study on Stone, Curhan and company?
  2. Our WR3 situation hasn't improved from last season, perhaps due to the OL situation? or we need to promote Bobo by targeting him more?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Watching the Niners offense makes me yearn for a scheme like that. Geno could run that offense as well or better than Purdy as I think Geno gets through his reads way quicker than him (Purdy has been excellent as far as accuracy). What Purdy misses is those 20+ yard downfield throws because he relies so much on those underneaths. To be fair, they get open all the time.

But between Charbs, KWIII and JX, they could be his unders as opposed to using JX in like only LOS routes. We've seen Charbs on wheel routes that are hot, but not enough 7 yard routes with DK and Tyler over the top.