Offense set up for big game?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Penman96":18jqkp5t said:
I think Russ will have the mandate to run in this game. Agree that the game plan might have limited his options over the last two months, maybe the coaching staff was trying to re-brand the offense or protect Russ or something. Defenses have played the edges better as well...that has to leave the middle open more but I haven't seen us able to take advantage lately.

Obviously all that playing-it-safe planning can be put aside now, it's time that the Seahawks offenses gets back to doing what it does best. Russ should run more designed run plays.

I hope you are right but we will know in our first 4-8 offensive plays how they are calling the plays in the first half, and then as we saw yesterday we will have to wait to the 22nd half to see what they do there.

Largent80

Reaction score
I trust Russ more than anything. He WILL make decisions that will win the game, never any doubts.

capncrunch

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2quqja9r said:
seadoc30":2quqja9r said:
I think Pete is getting too much into RW''s head. He needs to stop putting to much pressure of him to not make a mistake. It's affecting his game. You can't blame the wrs, play calling, nor anything else because we've had the same units from last 2 years and it was never a problem till recently. I think it's best if they just let RW play his game and it's not the end of the world if he throws an interception once awhile (which he hardly ever did before)
I agree he is totally missing easy throws (wide open slants) and not seeing the field at all (perfectly set up bubble screen to Percy) that would have went for huge yards yet he runs the ball? He needs to get it together and tell Pete to back off.

Yeah. I just rewatched the game. He definitely should have thrown that pass to Percy. I could see that one going allll theee wayyyy!
The announcers said something about concern for the ball being wet effecting accuracy and decisions right after that play. They then showed him conferring with coaches. Looked like he was explaining somehting like that. I will say that the play calling and execution in the first half was not that bad. I liked the feel of things going in to half.

Anthony!

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":bzrc2nfl said:
seadoc30":bzrc2nfl said:
I think Pete is getting too much into RW''s head. He needs to stop putting to much pressure of him to not make a mistake. It's affecting his game. You can't blame the wrs, play calling, nor anything else because we've had the same units from last 2 years and it was never a problem till recently. I think it's best if they just let RW play his game and it's not the end of the world if he throws an interception once awhile (which he hardly ever did before)
I agree he is totally missing easy throws (wide open slants) and not seeing the field at all (perfectly set up bubble screen to Percy) that would have went for huge yards yet he runs the ball? He needs to get it together and tell Pete to back off.

Actually id you rewatch that play you would see a defender running between RW and his throwing lane to Harvin, it would have been really bad, they were talking about that on 710 saying it might have been a pick 6 Rw did the right thing there.

Latest posts