Offensive line performance against SF

renofox

Reaction score
Only 2 penalties? False starts Joekel and Pocic. Ifedi -0- penalties???

Granted, SF D-Line isn't all that great.

Decent performance with reduced penalties is a good sign, at least.

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe a solid C, I guess. Some incremental improvement.

Blaze808

Reaction score
No sack fumble scoop and score......... So........ Adequate.......

Seafan

Reaction score
RW had plenty of time. I did notice the OL aren't all on the same page (Pocic) but he's playing a new position. It looked like he didn't know if it was run or pass on one play. Rookie stuff. He needs to hit the weight room heavy this off season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That’s not exactly true. He had plenty of time on some plays other’s he didn’t.
You can try to make banket statements but they wouldn’t be that accurate at least with today’s game.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":35oyty0w said:
RW had plenty of time. I did notice the OL aren't all on the same page (Pocic) but he's playing a new position. It looked like he didn't know if it was run or pass on one play. Rookie stuff. He needs to hit the weight room heavy this off season.

I think he needs to hit the buffet table too. He seems a little light in the ass.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
sutz":1deyyubk said:
Maybe a solid C, I guess. Some incremental improvement.

That's probably as good as it gets this season. Next 3 weeks will be the test. If they can keep a C average, we've got a shot to win all 3. Would help if Rawls was at 100%.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pocic and Joeckel struggled some. Brown is allowing a couple pressures per game, though nobody's going to want to talk about that.

Ifedi had a surprisingly solid game. He did get flattened a couple times.

The most interesting improvement was the push they're finally getting in the run game. Lacy had some nice holes. If he could just get rid of that damn inevitable dance step of his, he'd have gotten a lot more yardage. Maybe he's too busy responding to ImTheScientist's texts.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Russ had plenty of time??? :34853_doh:
He had SOME plays where he had a good pocket. But often was running around like a video game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hz769bv said:
That’s not exactly true. He had plenty of time on some plays other’s he didn’t.
You can try to make banket statements but they wouldn’t be that accurate at least with today’s game.

^^^^ Someone gets it.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Zero sacks allowed. Not sure how much that says given Russ's mobility, but it can't be a bad thing.

iigakusei

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3akgfe56 said:
Pocic and Joeckel struggled some. Brown is allowing a couple pressures per game, though nobody's going to want to talk about that.

Ifedi had a surprisingly solid game. He did get flattened a couple times.

The most interesting improvement was the push they're finally getting in the run game. Lacy had some nice holes. If he could just get rid of that damn inevitable dance step of his, he'd have gotten a lot more yardage. Maybe he's too busy responding to ImTheScientist's texts.
Agreed. Hopefully this show us with Davis next week.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ttu21ub said:
Russ had plenty of time??? :34853_doh:
He had SOME plays where he had a good pocket. But often was running around like a video game.

And some of it, as usual, was without being seriously pressured.

Seriously...some people need to sit down with one of those Clockwork Orange thingies in their eyes and watch a Youtube video of all the plays where Wilson ran without being pressured. I think it'd be like 35 minutes long. Then loop it all day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. But when you are running for your life on a regular basis as a QB, don't you think there is a timer in there sometimes? He's always running for his life. But, sure he leaves the pocket too soon sometimes. Just seems really nitpicky the way people break down his game. As if the results haven't been better than a huge portion of the QB's in the league. He does things his own way, I doubt it will ever change. And yes, I know I am always in his corner, but come on, 6-10 team, MAYBE, without him as the QB.
Oh well, same record over and over again. :lol:

adeltaY

Reaction score
And 20 of those 35 minutes you would see no one open, mostly on deep routes that don't give Russ a quick outlet. If you stand in a clean pocket with no one open and your line has been crap for the last few years, you're gonna want to bail.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And how many 3rd downs has he picked up over the years when nobody was open? The number has to be the most in the NFL of any QB, including Clam Newton and any other running QB.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
There is some clear promise from this line and keep in mind it was Joekel's first time in over a month playing and first time with Brown. Different lineup needs a little fine tuning. Definitely an improvement but there was some definitive rust. It'll get better. Hopefully fast with Philly down our throats this upcoming weekend.

Latest posts