Troubling that no depth, fringe players show out

mistaowen

Reaction score
We are going into a rebuild whether PC/JS want to admit it when you get rid of the 2 remaining core guys like Russ and Bobby. These past two games have shown absolutely NO ONE wants to become the next great player for the Seahawks. I know Jamal, DK, Lockett, Penny, etc aren't going but there genuinely isn't a single player who had an opportunity the past two weeks to solidify themselves as a main guy. Blair looked like one of the worst players on the entire god damn field against fringe roster players for the Bears. Another season of Collier practice squad. Who the hell is supposed to take the lead?

It makes me happy seeing Pete be hyper critical of players who simply don't care enough in his post game. But at the same time, you let go of the 2 players who defined what this team meant. Regardless of age, scheme fit, Russ wanting out, etc. Bobby and Russ were the backbone and Pete replaced them with no one. Taylor the guy on D who can't do anything against a rebuilding Bears OL? New LT takes 4 false starts? Every single WR trying to make the team drops passes? Blair supposed to be an anchor coming back from injury and misses at least 4 tackles?

Last edited:

chrispy

Reaction score
I liked what I saw from the rookie class in first 2 (pre-season) games. Yes, mistakes. In my opinion, rookies should be measured by their great plays, not the bad ones. With experience comes consistency. That consistency will trend toward the great plays, not the bad ones. They won't get worse. There will be inconsistencies in the regular season too, but I expect to see more great plays as they play together longer and make reads faster.

I think Mafe is already flashing and has had minimal "bad" plays. It's pretty unusual for a rookie pass rusher to have an impact, but in addition to being in the backfield, seeing him make a tackle 40 yds downfield ... love to see it.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I don't know, I think the guys that we wanted to see emerge as legit NFL players on a path to bigger and better things showed really well.

Lucas, Cross (pre snap penalties can be cleaned up, but was great post -snap) , Mafe, Woolen, Bryant (especially in nickel); Tre Brown showed out last season, but has been recovering from injury this offseason.

The veteran talent (Lockett, Dk, Penny, Fant, Brooks, Taylor, Diggs, Adams) is never gonna show much in the preseason.

Who were you looking for more from through two preseason games?

John63

Reaction score
Pre snap penalties xan be cleaned up is true. However PC trams have always been high in presbap penalties. That's will not change. As to the rest lets wait till they play against starters shall we.

W

Welshers

Pre snap penalties xan be cleaned up is true. However PC trams have always been high in presbap penalties. That's will not change. As to the rest lets wait till they play against starters shall we.
John who will you be cheering for week 1? Serious question!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I once had an ingrown toenail & a bad case of hemorrhoids AT THE SAME TIME!! stupid Pete.