Official "Thank You Pete" Thread

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to start a thread for those of us who would like to give your thanks to Pete. You have the floor. What would you like to tell Pete Carroll now that his time as Head Coach has come to an end?
Hell of a coach, brought great memories and our first super bowl.. Will be greatly missed. Who ever takes the HC job has big shoes to fill.

Chawker

Reaction score
Any man that takes his team to a Superbowl Victory, will always get a tip of my cap.

Thank you ! ! Pete and John. May the sun always shine bright for you.

3 CHEERS

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I will forever be grateful for our championship And installing the “believe” in Seattle . The I’m In spirt and the never quit attitude that single-handedly won us many many games in the fourth quarter against overwhelming odds. It seemed like almost every week for 14 years. That’s gonna be pretty hard to replicate .

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Any man that takes his team to a Superbowl Victory, will always get a tip of my cap.

Thank you ! ! Pete and John. May the sun always shine bright for you.

3 CHEERS
Hip hip hooray

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to start a thread for those of us who would like to give your thanks to Pete. You have the floor. What would you like to tell Pete Carroll now that his time as Head Coach has come to an end?

Love how Pete treated players. Loved his positivity. Loved the whole culture around here.
And thank you for the SB victory. Since it might be a long while before the next one, I’ll cherish it all the more.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What would I say?:

Thank you.

Thanks for the ride. Thanks for the Owl. Sorry it was time, but it is.

Ring of honour for you my friend.

You're the best we could have ever hoped for for at LEAST the first half of your tenure.

I wish you nothing but the absolute best.

I hope you go back to California, and ride out your golden years doing whatever the hell you want to do.

I will miss your gum chomping, hyped up teenager in perpetual denial mentality forever now that you're gone. And the rest of the NFC west will have to find someone else to hate.

Goodbye you stupid old bastard - now come here and give me a ******* hug. There. Go in peace.

EDIT: Go see Aros other thread for what I actually sent.

Last edited:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the lsat 14 years Pete. Obviosly first of all for the ultimate thrill ride of the 2013 season and win. But also for so many fun games along the way. You did it your way, letting your players be individuals making this team so entertaining to follow off the field too. When I would see videos like you playing QB at camp this year or the one last year when you go riding by in a scooter, it made it hard as a fan to remain upset with you.

It was a heck of a run

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
Pete was great. In my opinion the greatest coach in franchise history. Created a great culture that former players and others around the league still rave about. He deserves big thanks for being the biggest factor in turning a once perennially losing club to one that is always in the playoff mix.

The game has probably passed him by a bit, and in recent years the offence and defence have been way too predictable and easy for other teams to gameplan against. So it was probably time for him to step down. But none of that takes away from all of his accomplishments since he's been with the Seahawks.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I have called for a couple of years for Pete to go now that it has happened THANK YOU PETE for the almost 2 rings and making us in the conversation

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Even though I'm sad he's leaving, I know it's time for a change. I am thankful I got to see the Hawks win their first superbowl. And it's all because of Pete. Forever grateful to the best coach the Seahawks ever had.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Thank you Pete! Seattle would've never won a Super Bowl if it were for you!

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Pete! I'll never forget the memories you gave me and the lessons you taught me along the way. You created a culture that was so unique and unprecedented with spitting in the face of convention time and time again. Like drafting a 5'10" and 3/8's QB or taking a DT and converting him to OG or taking a chance on individuals that were considered a problem elsewhere. No one else would do that on your level of letting them stay true to themselves while being sure they protected the team. Your whole vibe truly reflected what being a Seahawks and arguably Seattle sports fan has always felt like but wasn't fully seen on the level you gave us before you got here. You delivered on everything you promised in your first press conference fourteen years ago tomorrow. It's rare to find geninue and sincere people like you. Always compete and be good to people!

"People make mistakes all the time. We learn and grow. If there's patience and love, and you care for people, you can work them through it, and they can find their greatest heights." - Pete Carroll

Last edited:
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pete, I have been a diehard Seahawks fan since 1976. I’ve been through it all. The good, the bad, the ugly and the what in the heck?!

Thanks to you I have also been through Seahawks Nirvana. A perpetual state of NFL ecstasy I don’t think I would have ever imagined possible in my lifetime.

I can go on and on about the on the field accolades and it behooves me to bring up the epitome of success which was bringing our first Lombardi home in such a glorious manner on that February day in 2014.

But what I most want to thank you for is being such a bright light, a beautiful beacon for all of the players and coaches and their families, the fans, basically everyone you encountered here in Seattle.

Your footprint is immense. You leave an unparalleled legacy behind that I may never witness again in my lifetime.

Thank you for the cherished memories. Thank you for the moments of glory. Thank you for being such a force of positivity and perpetual optimism that we all could aspire towards in our daily lives.

Thank you coach. You will never be forgotten and always remembered and cherished fondly by every 12, forever.

Fade

Reaction score
I'll always appreciate the team he built in 2010-2012. It would not have been possible without him, and his critical inside knowledge of the prospects coming out during that period.