Official "Thank You Pete" Thread

ccla

Reaction score
Thanks coach, you put the Hawks on the map!

TwilightError

Reaction score
I cant imagine a coach who I'd like to play for more than Pete. I started following Seahawks at 2010 and what a ride it was! Respect.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We all have been lucky to have experienced the Pete Carroll era in Seattle.

With only recent downturns he's been an amazing coach to follow. If you have read his book you should there is real wisdom and experience of careful thought there. I recommend it's reading.

Sure he had his blindsides and was often too loyal to under/non-performing staff. Still he brought that amazing energy and a seriously positive competitive drive to his teams.

I loved the guy and am disappointed he wasn't given more of chance to right the ship after this disastrous but winning season. However, it was time for a change and in the end it was Pete and not the team that backed away from being the Head Coach.

We all will in our due course miss his energy, positivity, and the certainty of a successful replacement is uncertain.

I know I will miss him.

Thank you Pete!!!

I am glad you were our Head Coach.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to start a thread for those of us who would like to give your thanks to Pete. You have the floor. What would you like to tell Pete Carroll now that his time as Head Coach has come to an end?
I'd thank him profusely, which in my world means to buy him a beer. He is directly responsible for the greatest period of Seahawk football in franchise history, and my faith dates back to the get go.

I was a doubter when we first hired him. He had been fired from his only two previous HC jobs, I considered him more of a college coach and another Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, or Bobby Petrino, that he was trying get out of Dodge before the axe fell at USC, and that he was selling a book with catchy buzz word phrases like "win forever" and "always compete" even though he had no experience to draw from either by coaching or playing that would give him any credibility.

But boy, was I wrong!