Seahawk_Dan":dhwm4i77 said:

Never believe anyone who claims to be upholding The Truth. See:

Politicans
Lawyers
Religious Leaders
Journalists
NFL referees
The Police
Man, they aren't gonna like this one around here...
But :2thumbs:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
The TD was obviously the wrong call especially since it was reviewed. He stepped out 3 times IMO but the one at the 8 was obvious as his momentum was going out of bounds so his heel obviously went flat to the ground. Crazy call even the commentators were like WTF?. Maybe they should stop reviewing plays on their phone.

That being said, the worst call was the offensive PI. JFC, that was horrible.

drrew

Reaction score
All of the iffy calls in the first half were from the same two officials right in front of the Chargers sideline.

My assumption is that these two are/were relatively weak-willed and got talked into some calls.

The OPI, "late hit" by Fluker, and missed QB roughing (Wilson was hit hard in the head) in the first half aren't the entire reason they lost the game, but the calls/missed calls ended early drives that could have changed the entire complexion of the game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3klh36g4 said:
hawksincebirth":3klh36g4 said:
Was it rigged when we won the bowl too ?

Did someone say this was rigged?

Did you watch the game, if so, did you see any calls/ non calls that made you wonder what was happening?
Hell no he didn't. :141847_bnono:
The Refs sucked butt today.
That Offensive Pass Interference call on Moore was pure bullshit, but it was enough kill the timing & drive. :34853_doh:
The Penalties that were called were way out of balance, Talk about obvious. :pukeface:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
AubHawk71":1i7g4ubv said:
Seahawk_Dan":1i7g4ubv said:

Never believe anyone who claims to be upholding The Truth. See:

Politicans
Lawyers
Religious Leaders
Journalists
NFL referees
The Police
Well, to be fair?, it would be really, really hard to turn down LOTS & LOTS OF PAYOFF CASH, eh?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
So the last couple of weeks there's been a lot of bitching about how refs were deliberately making calls against the Seahawks to "keep the game close".

Now the prevailing theory is that the Seahawks are getting calls against them that would put the game out of reach, the opposite of close.

This is pretty base-level victim mentality/conspiracy stuff. Not really a fan of this stuff.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We had a drive taken away with that bogus pick (OPI) call and they were given 7 points on that total nonsense, supposed “I couldn’t tell conclusively he was out of bounds”, BS. The personal foul on Fluker was marginal but the one on Sweezy was crappola as the play was not over. They got away with quite a few personal fouls late hits, Pi’s or holding plays There were lots more examples of uneven calls non-calls or nonsense calls. I can’t recall that I have ever watched such a poorly called game, seemed as if the crew had their marching orders or a hard agenda and carried it off. The referees helped ensure a Seattle loss.

Hoculi Jr. is a carbon copy of his weak sauce father. Every play where the team made a potential game changing positive play the offials evened things out for the Chargers, regularly tilting the fieLd. Ican hardly wait to see what BS is served up next week in LA by another supposedly independent officiating crew.

It is going to be a long stretch before the team is going to be allowed to play football w/o being screwed over.

In the end though, the Chargers were better on O than the Hawks, they made fewer mistakes, and had no costly unforced errors. Rivers outplayed Wilson, they stuffed the Hawks run, and played better than Seattle. The Hawks were slow to adjust, had few answers and yet in the end made the end of the game disappointingly interesting. Too little too late.

Geez I hate kvetching about referees but today had me tipped over.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I dont know if the game was rigged but I do know those announcers couldnt get River's junk any further down their throats!

AgentDib

Reaction score
The officiating today was as bad as the officiating in the Stanford-Washington last night and that is saying something.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Refs were fine.

Stop being such a wimp and move on.

NEXT!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is saying the officiating was the lone factor in the loss.
Seattle played like crap they deserved to lose the game on that fact alone, but the officiating was a factor. To deny this is either being contrarian or trying too hard to be an anti-homer.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wtgsxj1l said:
I don’t think anyone is saying the officiating was the lone factor in the loss.
Seattle played like crap they deserved to lose the game on that fact alone, but the officiating was a factor. To deny this is either being contrarian or trying too hard to be an anti-homer.

Officiating is never perfect. We've get some and we lose some.

That's football/life.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
San Diego works the officials harder then any team in the league, Rivers is constantly working them as well. Every time we play them Officials make questionable and tilting calls.

We don't have a Sherman that lobbied the correct calls and what was allowed like we did before, he worked them hard both ways as well, our youngsters have no history with a lot of these officials and are not going to get benefits of reasonable doubt or a pass for being a name player either. Officials don't like being shown up as well, so if your going to work them you need to do it during time outs and commercials.

Those things do matter.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Grading the game:

Seahawks Offense: D+

Seahawks Defense: C

Seahawks Special Teams: B

Refs: F

MooseKnuckleChuck

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3i9mbnv7 said:
So, the NFL fired an official earlier this year but nobody knows why. Supposedly it was for some bad decisions, but objectively nobody can say what he did that was way worse than anyone else. Which makes me wonder if he was fired for calling a game straight-up when the NFL wanted it steered...

I really hate to think that the NFL has become the WWE. I don't watch pre-ordained crap like that, or "reality" shows, but I like to watch football. I don't want that to change. Much more of this crap and I'll need to re-assess.

They fired him for a very blatant false start on okung in the bolts/browns game he let go for a long TD from Rivers to Williams

mikeak

Reaction score
I saw at least two PI calls that could and should have been called against the Seattle defense

Guys - you need to look at things more objectively

Yes the TD was strange but I put the possible explanation above and in addition the review is NOT done by the Ref on the field

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Was it Britt who go the late hit call?

Baldwin catches it, they intentionally hold him up to strip the ball out, not letting him get down to end the play. Here comes Britt, wham! trying to knock the pile forward, and knock everyone down to end the play before the ball pops out.

And here comes the flag, "late hit". We re-wound that a couple times, the whistle comes after all that, at least 2-3 seconds after he hits the pile. C'mon refs, blow your whistle and end the play or let it continue. You can't penalize a guy for a late hit with out blowing the whistle.