Officiating during yesterdays game.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Are we still expecting decent officiating?

Look at the lions cowboys game - it had some implications - like the rams possibly going to destroy Dallas in Dallas. We can’t have that. So they came out made some bs excuses/explanations got a few big names to sign off and all is forgotten/forgiven. Move on we got entertainment to sell.

It’s garbage. It will get worse before it gets worse.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I don't give a shit about the officials when we win, it all evens out anyway and they are human after all.

When we lose, I demand their heads and those of their families because it's a damn conspiracy against my small market team and I'm done with the POS corrupt NFL.

It's been this way since the early 80's, there's no reason to change now. I make zero adjustments, just like Pete does in his approaches to games.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I'll say the same thing that I would tell opposing team fans whenever the Hawks were winning close games and they were pointing to questionable calls/non-calls as the reason they lost. Losers cry about the refs, there's enough football on the field to show which team is truly better. The Hawks are a slightly below average team this year, there is always enough football on the field for the team to show who they are (or are not).
The crux of my original post was not meant to specifically about the Hawks. I have also seen the Hawks also get the benefit of some crappy calls as well. The Hawks are about the only football I watch regularly so my viewpoint is strictly from this side of things. I feel officiating has been getting worse league wide over the past several years and no signs of getting better or effort to make things better. I have heard and seen an overall swell of criticism league wide over the last few years. Although the league has always had its fair share of bad calls it seem the Saint/Rams non call tragedy was the start of the recent swell. The league puts band aids in place to fix instead of trying something different holistically. It is making the product less desirable to watch. I will continue to watch but my patience for a cleaner product is not endless.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The crux of my original post was not meant to specifically about the Hawks. I have also seen the Hawks also get the benefit of some crappy calls as well. The Hawks are about the only football I watch regularly so my viewpoint is strictly from this side of things. I feel officiating has been getting worse league wide over the past several years and no signs of getting better or effort to make things better. I have heard and seen an overall swell of criticism league wide over the last few years. Although the league has always had its fair share of bad calls it seem the Saint/Rams non call tragedy was the start of the recent swell. The league puts band aids in place to fix instead of trying something different holistically. It is making the product less desirable to watch. I will continue to watch but my patience for a cleaner product is not endless.

The band-aid fixes are very indicative of the band-aid fixes our government makes over outcries too that seem like solutions but generally just cause more confusion and more loop holes huh? All that said, I think teams play with the same refs all game. There's always enough football each game for the better team to win. I don't worry so much about the officiating its just there. It's like playing monopoly and there's the chance card on the board, it can seriously wreck a round or two, but the better player will always win in the end, even if they start adding more chance slots on the board or making the chance outcomes larger...still the same result.