Officiating

253hawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":18qdq78s said:
jkitsune":18qdq78s said:
I can't speak to the remainder of the game, but I thought that DPI on the deep throw to Baldwin was an awful, awful call. I'll take it, but I was convinced that had to be on Baldwin.

The CB hugged Baldwin while the ball was in the air and didn't turn around until he impeded his progress. That's DPI.

He basically cut off Baldwin's right to the route that the ball was on while his back was turned; touching/grabbing or not. If his head was turned around, there's no flag.

kmedic

Reaction score
Definitely a DPI on the long throw to Baldwin. Guy didn't have his head turned around and right right into Doug. That's DPI 10 out of 10 times.

I will say Chip may have had a legitimate gripe on some of the non-calls for grounding against Russ. I thought he had a few throwaways within the tackles.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":1u4b5ajc said:
Fox kept showing the Eagles Head Coach Arguing with the refs on every penalty

Ol' Chippy was arguing with the refs on basically every play, whether a flag was thrown or not. I'm assuming he was OK with the calls against the Hawks. I'm sure they tired of it after awhile.

irocdave

Reaction score
I felt the officiating was slightly in favor of the Hawks :|

253hawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3myft5yg said:
They only called FOUR penalties on Philly.

And 2 of them were obvious...DL being a mile offside and OL talking shiz directly at the ref.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
irocdave":1fvi67ta said:
I felt the officiating was slightly in favor of the Hawks :|
I get how it feels that way, but the numbers tell a different story. Philly was penalized well under their season average. That makes 12 out of 13 Seahawks opponents who have played *under* their own average in penalties this season.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hawks were called on 8 penalties for 67 yards. Eagles were called on 4 penalties for 69 yards, the long one on PI seriously affecting the total yards against Philly. Failing to see how this was in Seattle's favor.

Hawks46

Reaction score
DavidSeven":36n5utin said:
jkitsune":36n5utin said:
I can't speak to the remainder of the game, but I thought that DPI on the deep throw to Baldwin was an awful, awful call. I'll take it, but I was convinced that had to be on Baldwin.

The CB hugged Baldwin while the ball was in the air and didn't turn around until he impeded his progress. That's DPI.

Yup. He wrapped him up and Baldwin couldn't make a break on the ball. That, and when he had his arm wrapped around Baldwin, holding one arm down, he wasn't even close to looking back for the ball. Which is called Face
guarding and it's also illegal. Baldwin did a hell of a job selling it by acting like he was trying to catch the ball around the defender.

Wagner's DPI was really ticky tack. He held him up on the initial run, then let him go on his break. It's debable whether the guy was even 5 yards downfield when Wagner contacted him. It's also debatable whether Wagner even initiated contact.

The illegal man downfield was a big miss, on a big play. That's an easy call. Carpenter is such a bonehead. How do you EVER go 20 yards downfield with Wilson as your QB ? The announcers had a valid point though. The Eagles victimize themselves with the pace they set. The officials are trying to not hinder their pace, so many times they're setting the ball and blowing the whistle before all the officials are actually in place, which seemed to be what happened on that play.

WIlson got clubbed in the head, and it was obvious. There's also an official back there, and he doesn't have a whole lot to look for back there. I really don't know how you miss that, especially when guys like Brady, Manning, and Rodgers all get those calls consistently. It's like the rules for protecting a QB in the pocket don't apply to a QB that is willing to run with the ball.

ivotuk

Reaction score
As other posters have explained, the OP was incorrect in his assumptions. Legitimate DPI.

And no non-call was as egregious as the blow to the head and driving in to the ground. That was immediately followed by Connor Barwin driving Russell in to the ground with no call.

Seafan

Reaction score
jkitsune":pwbia4bc said:
Gametime":pwbia4bc said:
On the Eagles post game coverage on their site right now they are calling the refs the "12-man" for Seattle.

I wonder if the lopsided officiating and the outcry suddenly caught up and the Hawks got more of the benefit of the doubt today. I think it had an impact and most of the 50/50 calls went our way on the road.

Interesting. Hate hearing them completely put this on the refs and give zero credit to the defensive though. Hahah.

Haters gonna hate.

That was the easiest call all day. That will always be DPI.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
All I know is that ts "felt" more fairly called today. I was waiting for a flag after every big play (like we typically get) and it didn't happen. It seemed like the flags that did go against the Seahawks weren't drive killers/touchdown reversals like usual. And was it my imagination, or did we have fewer LOS penalties? I know Okung got called for a false start as per usual, but didn't Bennett manage to stay on his side of the line for once?

I think the ADB pass interference looked bad in real time, but in slo-mo I could see how that guy impeded Doug.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
jkitsune":rd4sxd9w said:
Gametime":rd4sxd9w said:
On the Eagles post game coverage on their site right now they are calling the refs the "12-man" for Seattle.

I wonder if the lopsided officiating and the outcry suddenly caught up and the Hawks got more of the benefit of the doubt today. I think it had an impact and most of the 50/50 calls went our way on the road.

Interesting. Hate hearing them completely put this on the refs and give zero credit to the defensive though. Hahah.

Haters gonna hate.

Wait, WHAT???

The defender didnt turn for the ball and did not allow Baldwin to come back for it, it will be called everytime.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
jkitsune":2mzmht99 said:
Gametime":2mzmht99 said:

Haters gonna hate.

What ? It looked pretty clear on the replay that the DB hugged him while the ball was in the air. He also never looked for the ball. Baldwin just shook lose of him.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Funny, the team getting away with head shots and body slams after the play wasn't Seattle.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Jerhawk":pmstmro2 said:
I didnt realize chip kelly whined so much

He had to be pretty frustrated watching his offense struggle to reach one-fourth of their YPG average.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Surprised anyone felt weird about that DPI call. Thought it was pretty clear, and certainly wasn't offensive interference; no way I could see that play as Doug preventing the defender from playing the ball at all.

I did think we got away with one DPI on Maxwell on a 3rd down, as well as the failure to call illegal man downfield on a long completion to Baldwin, so there were those. Whatever; I live by a policy of only griping about officiating that goes against us in the most extreme circumstances (I would call it a key to maybe 5-10 of our losses in 24 years of being a fan), so I have zero fit of conscience if it cut our way a bit today.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Gametime":23p4rzye said:
Well......they just finished up with a full on conversation about how they'd be fine coming to Seattle in the playoffs, "noise wouldn't be an issue with the up tempo offense", "Give Chip another crack and he'll solve us."

HAHAHA.

This is great stuff. Adorable.

You'll never be able to convince them that they aren't full of shit.