Officiating

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":17a72sc1 said:
jkitsune":17a72sc1 said:
I can't speak to the remainder of the game, but I thought that DPI on the deep throw to Baldwin was an awful, awful call. I'll take it, but I was convinced that had to be on Baldwin.

The CB hugged Baldwin while the ball was in the air and didn't turn around until he impeded his progress. That's DPI.
This is correct,we got the right call on this..Some just don't understand the rules..

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DavidSeven":9syvw26z said:
jkitsune":9syvw26z said:
I can't speak to the remainder of the game, but I thought that DPI on the deep throw to Baldwin was an awful, awful call. I'll take it, but I was convinced that had to be on Baldwin.

The CB hugged Baldwin while the ball was in the air and didn't turn around until he impeded his progress. That's DPI.
Yep it was legit, the call on Wagner was pure crap and it led to 7 gift points compliments of Rog's goons. The D today was outstanding as it has been the last 2 games. Big win today folks anyway you spin it! :th2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":utaw52ct said:
jkitsune":utaw52ct said:

And you are exactly right DS, THAT, was blatant Pass Interference.

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
I think the bottom line is that a finesse, offensive minded team will ALWAYS cry foul when matched up with a dominant, physical, hurricane like the Hawks Def.

It is the nature of victims to cry.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
253hawk":3lim0pbf said:
Russ getting his helmet smacked after a throw (remember when Earl got flagged for daintily tapping Tannehill on what would have been the game-sealing INT?) So inconsistent.
I had the exact same reaction at the time.

And yeah, the broadcast's obsession with showing Kelly talking to the refs was ridiculous. I was listening to the Raible/Moon broadcast while watching, and they didn't mention it, so I couldn't figure out why it was worthy of so much air time.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1j2l8ens said:
Gametime":1j2l8ens said:
Well......they just finished up with a full on conversation about how they'd be fine coming to Seattle in the playoffs, "noise wouldn't be an issue with the up tempo offense", "Give Chip another crack and he'll solve us."

HAHAHA.

This is great stuff. Adorable.

You'll never be able to convince them that they aren't full of shit.

What can you expect them to say after they just had the crap kicked out of them?

OrFan

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":5e5rtxxp said:
Fox kept showing the Eagles Head Coach Arguing with the refs on every penalty

Fat boy Kelly is a friggin whiner. I never realized just how much he whined and complained before. Reminded me of Rosanne.

Rosanne Fudd Kelly.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1tet1utv said:
jkitsune":1tet1utv said:

Yep. That was my take.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Baldwin's penalty was a legit DPI, Baldwin sold it well too.

RW got bady slammed twice and took several late hits and at least two u penalized blows to the head, naturally no call on any of them.

The Eagles were whining too much and their fans obviously missed the reality Seattle had more penalties than their team did today.

jkitsune

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2lb6is75 said:
jkitsune":2lb6is75 said:
Gametime":2lb6is75 said:
On the Eagles post game coverage on their site right now they are calling the refs the "12-man" for Seattle.

I wonder if the lopsided officiating and the outcry suddenly caught up and the Hawks got more of the benefit of the doubt today. I think it had an impact and most of the 50/50 calls went our way on the road.

Interesting. Hate hearing them completely put this on the refs and give zero credit to the defensive though. Hahah.

Haters gonna hate.

What ? It looked pretty clear on the replay that the DB hugged him while the ball was in the air. He also never looked for the ball. Baldwin just shook lose of him.

You all may be right, and I don't claim to be a pro at this, but it looked to me like he turned around, looked for the ball, and swatted it away from his superior position for the ball, and Baldwin was hanging off of him.

I'm not going to invest much energy in arguing that a penalty on the Eagles was the right call, but that was my reaction watching it live at least.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Go back and watch it again. He NEVER turned around to look at the ball.

In real time, it sort of looked like he did. On the replay, you can see he never got his head around.

-bsd