Offseason Going According to Plan

springscohawk

Reaction score
Strongly believe that John Schneider and Pete Carroll have intact plan to sign both Everson Griffen and J Clowney for 2020 season. Everything is going according to plan. Griffen and Clowney have not signed anywhere else, which tells me they really want to play for Seahawks. I believe Seahawks decision makers want them. Seahawks are willing to wait out Clowney's attempt to get best offer that requires physical exam. They have told him they will match. And Griffen has been told they will sign him after Clowney is signed.

I read Everson Griffen's goodbye statement to Vikings and was very impressed. His statement seemed to be thoughtful, sincerely grateful, and from the heart. This is because the organization journeyed with him through his mental health struggles. I believe Griffen is the kind of over-comer and high character player that Seahawks Brass want on their team.

In addition, Schneider has gone out and signed two other Leo type rushers from past, Irvin and Mayowa. These additions will help pass rush and not leave Clowney in double and triple team situation he was in last year. Rather than replacing Clowney, my guess is these additions should increase Clowney's desire to come back.

Seahawk fans, have courage, have faith, be patient. When it is all said and done, we will be able to say this was a great offseason for Seahawks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Great post. Furthermore, Pete Carroll coached Griffen at USC. The pass rush depth has improved already wih Mayowa and Irvin. Getting both Clowney and Griffen would make this offseason from good to great!

kf3339

Reaction score
springscohawk":2okdwg9n said:
Strongly believe that John Schneider and Pete Carroll have intact plan to sign both Everson Griffen and J Clowney for 2020 season. Everything is going according to plan. Griffen and Clowney have not signed anywhere else, which tells me they really want to play for Seahawks. I believe Seahawks decision makers want them. Seahawks are willing to wait out Clowney's attempt to get best offer that requires physical exam. They have told him they will match. And Griffen has been told they will sign him after Clowney is signed.

I read Everson Griffen's goodbye statement to Vikings and was very impressed. His statement seemed to be thoughtful, sincerely grateful, and from the heart. This is because the organization journeyed with him through his mental health struggles. I believe Griffen is the kind of over-comer and high character player that Seahawks Brass want on their team.

In addition, Schneider has gone out and signed two other Leo type rushers from past, Irvin and Mayowa. These additions will help pass rush and not leave Clowney in double and triple team situation he was in last year. Rather than replacing Clowney, my guess is these additions should increase Clowney's desire to come back.

Seahawk fans, have courage, have faith, be patient. When it is all said and done, we will be able to say this was a great offseason for Seahawks.

I seriously doubt we are signing both Griffen and Clowney at this point. One of them yes.

OP
OP
S

springscohawk

Reaction score
See today's article on Everson Griffen on NFL.com written by Tom Pelissero. It was probably set up by his agent to help him get signed in this Covid-19 crisis climate. However, I respect his openness to talk about his struggles with mental health.

Perhaps that is why Seahawks are being careful to not pay too much for Clowney when they don't need to...so they can also sign Griffen. Maybe Seahawks signing both is only wishful thinking, but I hope so, that is my hunch.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Yeah definitely not both. And no we’re not matching anything on clowney . We have an offer on the table and he thinks he’s worth more but can’t seem to find the right offer/team and is having trouble deciding between a winner in Seattle and maybe more money elsewhere

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
springscohawk":o6lo06s5 said:

I applaud your optimism. Your plan is my hope. As to the timeline that "everything is going according to plan", I seriously doubt anyone planned for things to go the way they have. So if I had to put my money on it I'd take the under.

OP
OP
S

springscohawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1120cc45 said:
springscohawk":1120cc45 said:

I applaud your optimism. Your plan is my hope. As to the timeline that "everything is going according to plan", I seriously doubt anyone planned for things to go the way they have. So if I had to put my money on it I'd take the under.[/quot

Regarding the timeline being according to plan, I have to agree with you. Schneider surely hoped to have it already wrapped up by now. If you had to choose between just Clowney or just Griffen, who would you pick?.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2knwj2w9 said:
Great post. Furthermore, Pete Carroll coached Griffen at USC. The pass rush depth has improved already wih Mayowa and Irvin. Getting both Clowney and Griffen would make this offseason from good to great!

Im not sure Carroll cosching Griffin is necessarily a plus. That was a very long time ago.

John63

Reaction score
No still waiting for some pass blocking, and pass rush. They have made 1 move I love, 1 I like and that sall so far.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
springscohawk":1653zvp5 said:
Appyhawk":1653zvp5 said:
springscohawk":1653zvp5 said:

I applaud your optimism. Your plan is my hope. As to the timeline that "everything is going according to plan", I seriously doubt anyone planned for things to go the way they have. So if I had to put my money on it I'd take the under.[/quot

Regarding the timeline being according to plan, I have to agree with you. Schneider surely hoped to have it already wrapped up by now. If you had to choose between just Clowney or just Griffen, who would you pick?.

If counting pennies on a one year deal Griff is going to come for less money. He is legit talent, so you could look at that as being the better value.
I'm a big Clowney believer. I think he is long term foundation level talent. I would prefer t see us get him locked in to a multi-year deal. Now for the over the top greedy part...structure the Clowney deal (and restructure other deals as necessary) in such a way that permits ALSO signing Griff for at least one year to give our draft pick edge a year to simmer. The Dunbar addition changes the dynamics of our secondary and with 7 picks we can fill the rest of our holes at every spot of need. All set!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Love the scenario of both Clowney and Griffin, hope OP has a really good crystal ball.
Seems questionable both could fit into cap. Anyone run the numbers on if this scenario is feasible and what it would take?