Ohdiambo and Ifedi Were Awful!

mrt144

Reaction score
Wenhawk":wh9iuq2c said:
Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

If there were stats to prove this I'd bet Russ is mush better out of shotgun or in 5 to step drops than the 3 step. He just didn't get the ball out quickly in this game.

So there are these players called receivers that run routes...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So why were there no short routes and dumpoff routes designed to punish the 8 man pressure?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2rx526sw said:
So why were there no short routes and dumpoff routes designed to punish the 8 man pressure?

Look at our drive chart from Sunday, 90% of our pass plays were short outs, screens and slants.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201709101 ... playbyplay

Hell, only success we had in the passing game was busted plays for long yards when we went up tempo at the end of the first half and end of game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Then the play design failed to acknowledge the reality that the D were keying on the plays called. the O was toothless and could neither run < 100 yards (92), nor pass (158).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2983xrg5 said:
Then the play design failed to acknowledge the reality that the D were keying on the plays called. the O was toothless and could neither run < 100 yards (92), nor pass (158).

Now you're getting warmer.........except instead of pointing the finger at play design, point the finger at execution.

We knew what GB was going to do, we always know how teams are going to defend us. It's nothing new to see teams stacking the box and press covering.

The key is to execute the run and short passing game properly as to open everything else up, especially play action.

Never got there, one of the worst executed gameplans I've seen in a long time. Hell, first play from scrimmage Graham forgets to chip the end and Russell gets sacked. You can't even execute your assignment that gets scripted from Tuesday of the week before? AWFUL.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":13jyq37w said:
jammerhawk":13jyq37w said:

Now you're getting warmer.........except instead of pointing the finger at play design, point the finger at execution.

We knew what GB was going to do, we always know how teams are going to defend us. It's nothing new to see teams stacking the box and press covering.

The key is to execute the run and short passing game properly as to open everything else up, especially play action.

Never got there, one of the worst executed gameplans I've seen in a long time. Hell, first play from scrimmage Graham forgets to chip the end and Russell gets sacked. You can't even execute your assignment that gets scripted from Tuesday of the week before? AWFUL.

What do we call players who consistently dont execute plays properly? Untalented?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Wenhawk":26o1cxxm said:
Can anyone explain why Russ din't just take 3 steps and fire like Rodgers is able too?

If there were stats to prove this I'd bet Russ is mush better out of shotgun or in 5 to step drops than the 3 step. He just didn't get the ball out quickly in this game.

I think it's play design. We run longer developing pass plays and no one is ready after a 3 step drop.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
We need current data on whether RW is still taking deeper drops. I'm the one who looked it up and I know geometry is an absolutely real thing, but uf he us still taking inordinately deeper drops, we're literally making it harder on the OL to pass block to compensate...with an OL unit that lacks continuity to boot.

We still need updates data...although the use of Shotgun already tells you at least a little.

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":10iqn6gc said:
We need current data on whether RW is still taking deeper drops. I'm the one who looked it up and I know geometry is an absolutely real thing, but uf he us still taking inordinately deeper drops, we're literally making it harder on the OL to pass block to compensate...with an OL unit that lacks continuity to boot.

We still need updates data...although the use of Shotgun already tells you at least a little.

Is there some type of coaching position on the team that deals with things like this? ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":c1kprpe6 said:
Sgt. Largent":c1kprpe6 said:
jammerhawk":c1kprpe6 said:

What do we call players who consistently dont execute plays properly? Untalented?

We should call them "ex Seahawks."

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ckum6pj said:
mrt144":1ckum6pj said:
Sgt. Largent":1ckum6pj said:
jammerhawk":1ckum6pj said:

Only ADB would remain

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Well I'll tell you one thing, drop back depth is important on every pass attempt. If the QB is not where he's expected to be then an OL is generally not inclined to hear any bitching about it. In our case, I think it's laregely designed, even though RW is a scramble machine, and knowingly live with the fact that it changes the angles for the OL. More so for the tackles, but also the interior as well. It creates a spacing problem. Now, in the case of Glow and Jeokel, there was no where to step up to and they shouldn't get beat THAT quick, ut it still does create more space for a pass rusher.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
In any case, there is and always has been more at play with the OL than the average fan is willing to accept and subsequently why they can't accept what Pete, Cable, and Bevell can accept.

Young QBs tend to drift in their pass drops. That's nothing new, but some QBs have reasons why they need to stay a little deeper more than others. I imagine we'll hear it from the horses mouth someday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":1jsiqn33 said:
Sgt. Largent":1jsiqn33 said:
mrt144":1jsiqn33 said:
Sgt. Largent":1jsiqn33 said:

Only ADB would remain

lol probably.

But yeah I usually have a far bigger issue with terrible execution from this offense, rather than scheme or playcalling.

I watched Trevor Damn Siemian and an average offensive line and receiver corp last night execute flawlessly for three quarters........and we have Russell, Jimmy, Doug, Tyler and VERY capable RB's continue to make mistakes with execution.

Obviously the line is the big issue, but C'mon, it's time to step up and earn the 40M we have invested in our offensive stars, especially Russell.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vt2ifo7 said:
mrt144":3vt2ifo7 said:
Sgt. Largent":3vt2ifo7 said:
mrt144":3vt2ifo7 said:

Only ADB would remain

lol probably.

But yeah I usually have a far bigger issue with terrible execution from this offense, rather than scheme or playcalling.

I watched Trevor Damn Siemian and an average offensive line and receiver corp last night execute flawlessly for three quarters........and we have Russell, Jimmy, Doug, Tyler and VERY capable RB's continue to make mistakes with execution.

Obviously the line is the big issue, but C'mon, it's time to step up and earn the 40M we have invested in our offensive stars, especially Russell.

Turn this inside out - what were the Broncos doing that allowed for Siemian et al to execute so well? I didn't watch the game last night since I'm cable-less (god I wish I was double cable-less, I digress) but from what I read the Chargers D line was doing an admirable job.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RussB":3co4i944 said:
Rees Oh-NOdiambo
Luke JOKE-ill
Justin britt
Mark Blowinski
GermPAIN in the assfedi

Thats what im calling them now, bad joke i know. But still.
Lol.

Luke's nickname is Luke "The Fluke" as was his draft position. Fluke pick.

You can also call him, "Luke, I am a Joke-ill."

When I scout Ifedi, he does not possess the quickness needed to justify being a high draft pick.

He moves terribly.

I don't know who's scouting Seahawks offensive lineman but they must be paid by other teams that wants the Hawks to always blow on the offensive line!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":29toi3ws said:
Turn this inside out - what were the Broncos doing that allowed for Siemian et al to execute so well? I didn't watch the game last night since I'm cable-less (god I wish I was double cable-less, I digress) but from what I read the Chargers D line was doing an admirable job.

Chargers D stunk the first half, but made some good halftime adjustments and shut down the Broncos offense in the 2nd half.

I didn't see anything different out of Siemian and their offense than I did last year, short safe passes, but he was just throwing dimes and Anderson and Charles were running well.

Difference IMO? O-line blocked well giving Siemian time for their speedy WR's to get separation, and opened up some nice holes. Two things our O-line can't do to save their lives.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Fudwamper":88qpzi5l said:
LoneHawkFan":88qpzi5l said:
Wenhawk":88qpzi5l said:

More often than not, Erin was able to go through his progression. I bet he held the ball, untouched, for 3+ seconds 20+ times.

I would disagree with you. Erin was sidestepping and moving a ton. He might not have looked like RW back there because Rodgers is a master of moving in the pocket and then out of it. Our front 4 was in his grill and moving him off his spot a ton. This is how we kept them in check.

Still doesn't mean he didn't have time to throw and or go through his progressions. I'd take the time Rodgers had any day compared to what RW has.