Ok. Rams LA Home Opener, Pissed over 9ers game... Battle?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's always a battle with the Rams + Jeff Fisher. I don't expect this game to be any different.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Didn't we open the season with 31 points or something against them last year? You think that offense can score 34 on this defense again?

I think we trounce them provided Webb can hold up and the offensive line can get some push.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":26ivjmy4 said:
The Rams pretty much own us.

They have beaten us home and away with some pretty barely there QBs.

I don't think it matters, they are just Paper to our Rock, for whatever reason.

I am really hoping that moving to LA their players are more interested in the sights & sounds of LA than getting ready for the game.

Because this is no win for us, if we beat them? Well the 49ers shellacked them on national TV so that should have been expected. They beat us? OMG, this is the same team the hapless 49ers shelled what is wrong with us?

I am just hoping we get our of there with a win, at least not a 10am EST game. Hopefully put a W in the column and move on, because this one does indeed seem like a trap.

People really tend to over react to a couple losses and trick plays.

The fact of the matter is...WE OWN THEM!!

In the last 10 years vs Rams we are 15 wins and 5 losses, last 3 years we are 3 and 3 Don't forget that please, that is NOT getting owned! :141847_bnono:

Hawknight

Reaction score
Everyone is forgetting who the Rams QB is ...This guy was seeing ghost last weekend, now if our pass rush can get to him, he'll be seeing stars this weekend. The lambs may be fired up because it''s their first game back in LA..>BUT....This is Pete's stomping grounds too....No one's forgotten the fact that we got swept, but I think this exactly what the players will remember and light the fire underneath them this weekend. I think Russell with a sore ankle still has the edge, and if it's a defensive game...Seahawks win this one!!! The lambs just don't have the QB and that has to be having some effect on the rest of their team...my 2 cents here.

Go Hawks!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ivotuk":1u6y5egx said:
Older Seahawks fans are like dogs who have been beaten all their lives, but for the longest time believed that hand was coming down to caress us, only to be disappointed and hurt once again. Then, we finally get rescued by an owner that genuinely loves us, and pets us, but we still flinch when we see that hand coming down.

I've slowly practiced self-therapy by comparing our new owner (Paul Allen), to Ken Behring, our new Trainer (Pete Carroll) to Jim 'DirtBag' Mora, and our Groomer (John Schneider) to Tim Ruskell, and it puts my mind at ease. I curl up in front of the fire and sleep soundly.

So very, very true.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
BlueThunder":21qebx7l said:
Sports Hernia":21qebx7l said:
Hawks need to comeout and be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Punch em in the mouth early and often, and after last week get the Rams doubting themselves. The longer the Rams think they are in the game the worse the Hawks chances of winning get.

Yes! A fast and strong start! Unfortunately, when have we seen that, early season, in Pete's tenure? I hope it starts this weekend, shaking off our weak-ass starts early for a change. They've had a few years now. Figure that shit out! Git 'er done!

We whacked Green Bay to start the 2014 season.

Mojambo

Reaction score
It's not going to be pretty. I hope people aren't expecting it to or there's going to be a lot of insufferable bitching post-game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Mojambo":28b0xe37 said:
It's not going to be pretty. I hope people aren't expecting it to or there's going to be a lot of insufferable bitching post-game.

Are you kidding?! It's going to be insufferable regardless.

RCATES

Reaction score
Yikes!!!!!

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 17h17 hours ago
Rams RB Todd Gurley, who returned to practice today: "We're going to get a win this week, for sure." http://es.pn/2cbGbjg

Largent80

Reaction score
RCATES":3sqrzqf2 said:
Yikes!!!!!

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 17h17 hours ago
Rams RB Todd Gurley, who returned to practice today: "We're going to get a win this week, for sure." http://es.pn/2cbGbjg

He had better go to Vegas because on the field....NOPE.

Rawls will be the RB everyone talks about around the water cooler on Monday.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":31w7w8ly said:
Aros":31w7w8ly said:
In the Fearless thread I stated why even though I predicted a win, I feel like it will likely be a loss. Covering my bases I guess, lol. I just don't have a good feeling about this game. Those 12's who scoff may have a short memory forgetting the Rams swept us last year, the only NFC West team to do so in the Russell Wilson era.

Where's your confidence man!

We will be 2-0 after Sunday. I am confident.

But I understand where you're coming from Todd.

Older Seahawks fans are like dogs who have been beaten all their lives, but for the longest time believed that hand was coming down to caress us, only to be disappointed and hurt once again. Then, we finally get rescued by an owner that genuinely loves us, and pets us, but we still flinch when we see that hand coming down.

I've slowly practiced self-therapy by comparing our new owner (Paul Allen), to Ken Behring, our new Trainer (Pete Carroll) to Jim 'DirtBag' Mora, and our Groomer (John Schneider) to Tim Ruskell, and it puts my mind at ease. I curl up in front of the fire and sleep soundly.

The Great NorthWest (unlike Oklahoma), is an area that produces winners, and all we needed was the right people at the helm. :179417:

Literally none of this gives a reason why we will win Sunday :lol:

I don't think believing the Rams will give us hell on Sunday is in relation to all the years of Seahawk football, rather the last 5 when the Rams have always given us pure hell

Hawks46

Reaction score
People tend to forget how close those losses were, and the circumstances. People tend to remember the L and that's it.

Last year, we lost to them because our star SS held out and we had a bandaid UDFA thrust into a starting role; a guy who isn't even on this team. Even then, he had to fall down on the last play to get them the win.

They've won through fluky trick ST plays. Those are very low percentage plays over all. They keep it close and get a lucky bounce or fluke play to win. That's not sustainable.

Their DL owns our OL and I think it got into our OL's heads a bit. This year, the group is larger, more athletic, and nastier in demeanor than last year's squad. If we don't back down, and win matchups, we'll run on this defense and it will be over.

I attribute the ass whooping from last week to Fisher not being really familiar with Kelly's system or game plan. But it shows a Rams team that will fold and get frustrated under pressure. Get them down 14 points and it's over. So I don't think the Rams team is as bad as they showed last week, but I also think we'll be better than we showed last week. Every week we play, this OL will get better.

Sealake80

Reaction score
This game feels like a potential blowout to me. I think Wilson lights it up if he can stay on the field. Dudes money and has something to prove. Seahawks 27 - Rams 6

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Cool enough piece
--

LOS ANGELES Before landing here Saturday, I wanted to know why Pete Carroll is still so big in Southern California.

Here’s what I learned:

Frank Clark grew up in one of the notoriously toughest areas of Los Angeles, Baldwin Village. Actor Denzel Washington depicted the neighborhood as a crooked cop immersed in its street-drug trade in the movie "Training Day."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

ivotuk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":25l3xhh6 said:
Cool enough piece
--

LOS ANGELES Before landing here Saturday, I wanted to know why Pete Carroll is still so big in Southern California.

Here’s what I learned:

Frank Clark grew up in one of the notoriously toughest areas of Los Angeles, Baldwin Village. Actor Denzel Washington depicted the neighborhood as a crooked cop immersed in its street-drug trade in the movie "Training Day."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

Man I love Pete Carroll.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3lowai55 said:
Aros":3lowai55 said:
In the Fearless thread I stated why even though I predicted a win, I feel like it will likely be a loss. Covering my bases I guess, lol. I just don't have a good feeling about this game. Those 12's who scoff may have a short memory forgetting the Rams swept us last year, the only NFC West team to do so in the Russell Wilson era.

Completely different rams team...

Really??? So the part of their team that gives us the most trouble, their DL, is "completely different?" Wake up, bro.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":2p87jv1m said:
Regardless of last year, and that "trick" game in St. Louis a few years back, we have owned the Rams for over a decade. I for one am not buying into them beating us.

The Hawks are a better team from top to bottom. Yeah their game Monday was a wake up call for them, but the Hawks are way better than the 9ers.

We're winning people, it's simple.

"Top to bottom??" That is incorrect. Their front seven is noticeably better than ours, and it's the part of their team that always puts us on the ropes. Hopefully the latest iteration of our patchwork OL won't give them such a lopsided matchup. Still wishing Ifedi was healthy, but what can ya do?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ohy0275 said:
The Rams pretty much own us.

They have beaten us home and away with some pretty barely there QBs.

I don't think it matters, they are just Paper to our Rock, for whatever reason.

I am really hoping that moving to LA their players are more interested in the sights & sounds of LA than getting ready for the game.

Because this is no win for us, if we beat them? Well the 49ers shellacked them on national TV so that should have been expected. They beat us? OMG, this is the same team the hapless 49ers shelled what is wrong with us?

I am just hoping we get our of there with a win, at least not a 10am EST game. Hopefully put a W in the column and move on, because this one does indeed seem like a trap.

They took the 9rs for granted, thought that all they had to do is just show up, it was an embarrassing trap game for them.
Fisher will have reamed their asses, and they will be a lot more prepared for the Seahawks.
The notion that they will be ultra aggressive in tomorrows game might actually be true, but the fact that they beat us twice last Season will be weighing heavy on the Seahawks, and that Aggression gig?, well that is a sword that can, and probably will cut both ways....This should be a real knock-down-drag-out. :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":25p8d342 said:
Regardless of last year, and that "trick" game in St. Louis a few years back, we have owned the Rams for over a decade. I for one am not buying into them beating us.

The Hawks are a better team from top to bottom. Yeah their game Monday was a wake up call for them, but the Hawks are way better than the 9ers.

We're winning people, it's simple.

Okay, you've convinced me....Hawks will win this one and put the Rams back in their place :irishdrinkers: :3-1:

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Laloosh":8vc0i9o1 said:
Mojambo":8vc0i9o1 said:

Are you kidding?! It's going to be insufferable regardless.

Truer words were never spoken and let me be the first to state, "guilty"