Ok. Rams LA Home Opener, Pissed over 9ers game... Battle?

Largent80

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2f0qszi4 said:
Largent80":2f0qszi4 said:
Regardless of last year, and that "trick" game in St. Louis a few years back, we have owned the Rams for over a decade. I for one am not buying into them beating us.

The Hawks are a better team from top to bottom. Yeah their game Monday was a wake up call for them, but the Hawks are way better than the 9ers.

We're winning people, it's simple.

"Top to bottom??" That is incorrect. Their front seven is noticeably better than ours

Really?...The same front 7 that allowed SF to do whatever they wanted? We have Reed now, and Clark is turning into a beast.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Not worried about the game,a s my friend said, they haven't scored a point in LA in some 20 years.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Yes, I ABSOLUTELY believe this is going to be a battle today. Think about it ...

One factor I believe you've simply got to consider IMO when taking a look at the Rams loss to the Niners last week is the Chip Kelly factor. The Pace of Play that Chip Kelly plays at is pretty much second to none. That lightning quick pace of play takes some getting used to for players ... AND it's very easy for things to snowball once things start going downhill the wrong way. The Seahawks usual pace of play -- vastly different from Road Runner Chip Kelly. Just something to keep in mind.

Those of us who were athletes in high school and college know very well -- losing doesn't sit well with us. We also know that losing a heart breaker is one thing ... and getting completely annihilated and humiliated is another. The latter is exactly what happened to that Rams team. They were embarrassed and players DO NOT want to feel that again -- especially for an L.A. home crowd whom they will be playing in front of for the very first time. They WANT that home crowd to embrace them ... to fall in love with them ... for those fans to have pride in calling the Rams their team -- not hang their heads in shame.

The Rams play us tough anyway. Jeff Fisher just knows how to play us. Recent history and the record book attests to that fact. And Aaron Donald and the rest of that Rams Defensive Line has been kryptonite to our Offensive Line and Russell Wilson in the past when both been completely healthy. With Ifedi out and Wilson possibly still experiencing the lingering effects from Suh's hit (whether he wants to admit that or not), yeah I totally expect a battle today. If Gurley's comments are any indication of the mentality of the team coming into this game, I expect them to come out with all guns blazing.

I predicted an absolute cardiac arrest of a win for the Hawks in Aros' Prediction Thread ... but a loss today to the Rams wouldn't shock me whatsoever either.

Largent80

Reaction score
^ Yeah he does know how to play us because it seems like we can't or don't adjust our playbook to advantage when we play them. Maybe with Russ not being 100% in the read option Bevell might be the key today.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Largent80":2gwych24 said:
Who would have the bigger chip?.....They lost one game....badly.

They beat the Hawks both games last year with a dreadful team and I see the Hawks with the chip, and couple that with all the newcomers on Seattle's roster that have that "prove it" chip.

There will be oodles of Hawk fans in attendance and it's time to spoil L.A.'s homecoming party.

Especially with the media saying they will lose, and also with girly guaranteeing a win.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
These games are always a battle. I dont think any extra motivation will change any of that. They are always close low scoring games. To hard to predict a win or loss for either team. Outsiders favor us because WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM. But we know how tough these games are fought. LEts just hope we come out healthy either way. GO HAWKS.

SeaChat

Reaction score
My prediction is that the Hawks are going to have one hell of a season this year and are headed to another Super Bowl. The Rams are going to get spanked hard today, and going to wish Gurly had kept his mouth shut and not got our tail feathers all riled up with his self ordained super man predictions, our RB Rawls will show him what the virtues of a quite man who just goes out and does his best and doesn't just go off at the lip telling the world what a super man he is, and he is can do. Christian is far from over as well and has played as well if not better than Gurly. Our Hawks will win big and let all the hot air out of the Rams in front of the LA fans. I wish the Rams much success in their return to LA but not at our Seahawks expense, we are simply to good for that this year. Now let's hope I don't end up having to ask you all to pass the salt after the game today so I can eat my (crow) fill of hawk at the end of the game today. ~.~ Go Hawks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Largent80":207mh8iq said:
^ Yeah he does know how to play us because it seems like we can't or don't adjust our playbook to advantage when we play them. Maybe with Russ not being 100% in the read option Bevell might be the key today.

Bevell the key today? Don't say that too loud there Rob -- you're liable to have several on this board reaching for their bottle of Xanax. ;)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Until I see otherwise, I am forced to assume that the tradition of the Rams waking up and playing their best football of the year will continue to be the Hawks @ Rams game.

We may lose this, while the Rams go on to have a four-win season. :|

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":83ct75zn said:
Largent80":83ct75zn said:

Bevell the key today? Don't say that too loud there Rob -- you're liable to have several on this board reaching for their bottle of Xanax. ;)

There it is twice in the same thread. So it must be true. Sources have said it to be true now. Looks like he is auditioning for his new gig in Lost Angeles. :stirthepot: :mrgreen:

Largent80

Reaction score
It just isn't a coincidence that the Rams play us hard, Bevell can dial up some stuff they haven't yet seen, the problem is that the players need to make those things happen.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3h3wl0gb said:
Yes, I ABSOLUTELY believe this is going to be a battle today. Think about it ...

One factor I believe you've simply got to consider IMO when taking a look at the Rams loss to the Niners last week is the Chip Kelly factor. The Pace of Play that Chip Kelly plays at is pretty much second to none. That lightning quick pace of play takes some getting used to for players ... AND it's very easy for things to snowball once things start going downhill the wrong way. The Seahawks usual pace of play -- vastly different from Road Runner Chip Kelly. Just something to keep in mind.

Those of us who were athletes in high school and college know very well -- losing doesn't sit well with us. We also know that losing a heart breaker is one thing ... and getting completely annihilated and humiliated is another. The latter is exactly what happened to that Rams team. They were embarrassed and players DO NOT want to feel that again -- especially for an L.A. home crowd whom they will be playing in front of for the very first time. They WANT that home crowd to embrace them ... to fall in love with them ... for those fans to have pride in calling the Rams their team -- not hang their heads in shame.

The Rams play us tough anyway. Jeff Fisher just knows how to play us. Recent history and the record book attests to that fact. And Aaron Donald and the rest of that Rams Defensive Line has been kryptonite to our Offensive Line and Russell Wilson in the past when both been completely healthy. With Ifedi out and Wilson possibly still experiencing the lingering effects from Suh's hit (whether he wants to admit that or not), yeah I totally expect a battle today. If Gurley's comments are any indication of the mentality of the team coming into this game, I expect them to come out with all guns blazing.

I predicted an absolute cardiac arrest of a win for the Hawks in Aros' Prediction Thread ... but a loss today to the Rams wouldn't shock me whatsoever either.

I wanted to be wrong about this game ... OH HOW I wanted to be wrong. Dammit.

Well, there's only one way to go ... UP. Here's to hoping the Seahawks take their frustrations out on the 49ers at home this next weekend.

Latest posts