Okay I Admit...Delayed Depression Is Settling In

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1w098wm9 said:
The Hawks need to lose to actually win in the future.

Losing is sort of like "trimming the fat."

It can if done correctly, shed some problem areas.

All these teams that are currently still in playoffs have had some issues in the past and they have worked on correcting them.

The Seahawks are in this period of time where they can improve in some areas they desperately need to change.

Exactly what I was saying after we got eliminated from the playoffs. I am a firm believer that people learn more from their failures than their successes.

Had we limped into the playoffs most likely the necessary changes that needed to be made, and so far are currently being made, might not have been made as a tiny success would have overshadowed them.

We will come out stronger from this. How soon rests on JS and PC.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I am a firm believer that people learn more from their failures than their successes.

Someone wise once said "the greatest teacher, failure is"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Definitely sucks watching all these great playoff games and moments, and not getting to participate as a Hawks fan.

Hopefully our coaches and players feel the same and get to work.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":27jgnkz0 said:
Exactly what I was saying after we got eliminated from the playoffs. I am a firm believer that people learn more from their failures than their successes.

Had we limped into the playoffs most likely the necessary changes that needed to be made, and so far are currently being made, might not have been made as a tiny success would have overshadowed them.

We will come out stronger from this. How soon rests on JS and PC.

Agreed on all points my friend.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Alright. I'll chime in. I'll fully admit -- here's been my problem:

As I've taken a look at these NFC playoff games, the predominant thoughts that have been going through my mind are:

"Really? Seriously?!? THIS is the best that the NFC has to offer? [Whatever team it is, it's like] We beat teams like this ... with regularity. We're WAY better than these guys."

[Realizes deep down inside just how far the mighty have truly fallen] "Oh, wait. Not this season." [Depression sets in]

Thoughts turning to the Seahawks not being in the playoffs: "This is not right. This is just flat out wrong."

"So, how about those Mariners? Oh ... wait." [Nothing to get excited about their either]

"So, what about these coaching changes ... and how about the NFL Draft?"

That's about for it is for me in a nutshell.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I had a football depression all year long.
I avoided radio, coming here, rewatching games on tv, breaking down all 22 vids. It was a totally off year for me.
I don't know what it was......

But I can tell you that I snapped directly out of it when Bevell and Cable got the hook.

I'm ready to go again. It's a really wierd feeling.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I will feel this exact way if I have to wake up to another pats sb win. but honestly this was just flat out a case of not deserving jack squat.

should have fired DB immediately after 49.

should have worked out kams deal immediately or found the common ground instead of the holdout.

should have changed out the long snapper immediately last year, which could have kept Hausch in a groove and made him a must sign.

should have cut ties with lacy by about week 3 at the latest.

should have already dropped rawls by now.

obviously drafted a complete moron in malik McD. Could reasonably argue prompted the panic button signing of Richardson, which is costly. Hopefully the talent level pays the bill on this, but that's going to take a lot.

We made our bed with pete and JS, and now we're lying in it. Great to get 48, but the humanity and mistakes compounding were bound to doom us.

Barring a pats win, i'm actually happy someone will get their 1st. made a great impact on my life, and i wish for that joy for the fanbase (hopefully) about to experience it.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I can't lie when I say the Seahawks needed a break from the post-season. It gives the players a full year to recover from the aches and pains and I hope they get that fire and hunger back again. The stress of watching Seahawks playoff football was getting to be too much. I don't envy the fans of the losing teams and the hangover they have today.

I think this sums up the 2017 season.

"We been kicking other peoples asses for so long, I figured it's time we got ours kicked."

-Sgt. Elias, Platoon

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":4fb2j7fb said:
"Really? Seriously?!? THIS is the best that the NFC has to offer? [Whatever team it is, it's like] We beat teams like this ... with regularity. We're WAY better than these guys." .

No you're right.........I think I even read this morning that over 80% of NFL games come down to the 4th quarter.

Just tells you that the little things matter;

1. Injuries
2. Focus
3. Nonsense
4. Penalties
5. Preparation
6. Execution

Obviously the big things like coaching, playcalling and talent also matter. But if you're pinpointing as to why we're sitting at home this year and not these other teams you say aren't really that much better than us, if at all?

Choose any or all of the things I listed. It ALL matters.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dk095lh said:
Hawkscanner":2dk095lh said:
"Really? Seriously?!? THIS is the best that the NFC has to offer? [Whatever team it is, it's like] We beat teams like this ... with regularity. We're WAY better than these guys." .

No you're right.........I think I even read this morning that over 80% of NFL games come down to the 4th quarter.

Just tells you that the little things matter;

1. Injuries
2. Focus
3. Nonsense
4. Penalties
5. Preparation
6. Execution

Obviously the big things like coaching, playcalling and talent also matter. But if you're pinpointing as to why we're sitting at home this year and not these other teams you say aren't really that much better than us, if at all?

Choose any or all of the things I listed. It ALL matters.

Discipline is the key component to leadership at any level.