OL '20

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I thought we had a REALLY GOOD practice today. The O Line is looking better and better. A nice low-light to see was when Green (I think) put a nice move on Lewis and blew by to get a virtual sack. That was a rarity though as the line looks to be doing good work on the whole. We sure do have some serious beef up there! Now if we can just get them to play like buffalo we'll be in good shape.
Everyone was working hard and having fun doing it. I know I had fun watching them. Still trying to learn the numbers though. So many newbies and switches.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3pi886yl said:
I thought we had a REALLY GOOD practice today. The O Line is looking better and better. A nice low-light to see was when Green (I think) put a nice move on Lewis and blew by to get a virtual sack. That was a rarity though as the line looks to be doing good work on the whole. We sure do have some serious beef up there! Now if we can just get them to play like buffalo we'll be in good shape.
Everyone was working hard and having fun doing it. I know I had fun watching them. Still trying to learn the numbers though. So many newbies and switches.

Any thoughts on the center competition with Finney v Pocic?

What I'm hoping is going on here is that Pocic is playing excellently and taking over the competition.

Fade

Reaction score
toffee":m9cfza9n said:
Fade":m9cfza9n said:
They've upgraded the right-side. The leftside has me worried, Duane Brown, is going to get hurt, and they have nothing behind him.

Seattle will have to trade more picks to acquire a LT, after this season regardless.

They need to find a way to trade a 2nd & 3rd like they did for Duane Brown to get his replacement.

Iupati will probably be injured before Sep. Is out, but I like Phil Haynes and think he can do the job, so it isn't that urgent.

LT is the biggest need on offense going forward, and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Jamarco?

No way. He played LT against AZ last year and it was a disaster. I think he definitely can start @ Guard in the NFL, and maybe RT.

Fade

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1jiyxcx7 said:
Appyhawk":1jiyxcx7 said:

What I'm hoping is going on here is that Pocic is playing excellently and taking over the competition.

I would like Finney to win, purely for contract reasons. 2 years, versus Pocic only having 1 year. Plus Pocic likes to get hurt, so Finney will be in there anyway.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maelstrom787":320wbhgh said:
Appyhawk":320wbhgh said:

Pocic was running with the ones at center today. I think Finney was mostly day before last. I think Pete is giving Pocic every opportunity to prove himself and win a spot, while KNOWING Finney can do it. Adding a third (relative unknown) candidate may be, for him, something along the lines of "lets see if you can make a miracle happen" deal. We have an investment in Pocic. If he can't prove he deserves it...we can use the trade capital.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Pete said basically that in his press conference. They've been impressed with Finney and think he's up to speed already, so they want to use some snaps to get a good take on Pocic at the center position. They are giving Pocic the chance to win the job but are comfortable with Finney if that doesn't happen.

Pocic's contract status is only a concern for the team if he looks dominant this season, and that seems like the good kind of problem to have.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Our DB has been overhauled and looking great, With addition of Gordon and Richardson, our WR Corp is looking good too. If Clowney comes back, our DL is better than last year's.

OL seems to stuck ... Our LT and LG are aging and starting on their borrowed time. C is unsure at thus point, neither candidates impressed, RG is a rookie with upside, RT Shell is like an Ifedi with less penalties.

Thank John might sign a tackle or a center?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jville":2ixnh5wc said:
Intriguing fan unknowns for most of us. Phil Haynes and Jordan Simmons are understudies who have revealed little to none in the way of NFL combat. But when it comes to Solari guards, these manhandling guards certainly look the part.

Damien Lewis possesses the low man center of gravity that helps sustain proper pad level as fatigue sets in late in a contest. Intriguing collection of unknowns who will benefit from Solari with rock solid veteran manhandling technician Mike Iupati showing the way

Looking forward to scrimmage reports in the coming days.

Jordan Simmons plugged in for D.J. Fluker and was a key part of several HUGE rushing games, including running all over the Rams D; the team actually ran the ball BETTER with Simmons in there than Fluker. (Going by yards/game stats) Alas, then Simmons got injured. Still have high hopes for Simmons, and he has shown flashes of being a dominating NFL lineman in the run game.

I have no idea if Simmons is healthy though. I have high hopes for Haynes too. I think our OL this year is going to be better and deeper than any in memory. As others have pointed out, our depth at LT is a concern. We seem to have decent depth everywhere else.