OL play

mikeak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3krfsbnx said:
He is pressing. He normally trusts his receivers enough to hang the ball on the green side, they go get it. Both picks were him spot throwing it right to a receiver.

Which is why I know he will right the ship. It isn't a monumental fix.

I had a long nice reply to this that got lost so putting it briefly instead...

How is spot throwing an issue that needs to be fixed and an issue pressing? Doesn't that mean he trusts his guys and in this case it just went wrong

olyfan63

Reaction score
mikeak":tu75ptoc said:
Scottemojo":tu75ptoc said:
He is pressing. He normally trusts his receivers enough to hang the ball on the green side, they go get it. Both picks were him spot throwing it right to a receiver.

Which is why I know he will right the ship. It isn't a monumental fix.

I had a long nice reply to this that got lost so putting it briefly instead...

How is spot throwing an issue that needs to be fixed and an issue pressing? Doesn't that mean he trusts his guys and in this case it just went wrong

I don't think it's that Wilson doesn't trust his receivers, it's that right now Wilson doesn't trust his own ability to put the ball on the money in tight windows. So instead he holds the ball and looks for more open options.

Largent80

Reaction score
I re-watched the game and the line was pretty damned good. You have to give them credit for their work in that game.

Whatever to the Giant D being shite. It is an NFL team of pros and we crushed them on the line.

Just re-watch that game. Bailey is so much better than Carp, it is easy to see. Unger helped tremendously. Britt had a real good game, and even Okung was being nasty at the 2nd level.

I really liked what I saw as I was focusing on nothing but line play on the re-watch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Well, Pete said to the effect at his presser today that Russ has looked "really good" this week. So if he was hurting, maybe he's healed and it's not causing a problem anymore. Guess we'll see Sunday.

I do know cold weather is less of a factor than a wet ball so that shouldn't be a huge issue. I also know that the better the offense runs the ball and the fewer 3rd and longs they get themselves into, the less effective their very good pass rush will be. That's certainly Capt. Obvious stuff but it is true, so let's hope for 4, 5, 7 yard carries on first down most of the day.

Largent80

Reaction score
We have Tukuafu. That guy is going to cause PAIN in the cold, and he said this week on the radio he was raised in SL City Utah, so cold is what he is used to.

I know one thing, if I'm a defender, and I see #46 steamrolling toward me with #24 in tow, I'm not happy.