OL/RB/QB Combine measurments

McGruff

Reaction score
Ryan Kelly just over 5 but with a solid 1.78 split.

Denver Kirkland's run just looked a little silly running the 40. That's fine, its not his game, but his initial 10 yards was really bad. Really slow out of his stance.

McGruff

Reaction score
Brandon SHell ran a great split at 1.75, but just pulled up at the end with a hamstring.

Spriggs with an unofficial 1.75 and top time of 4.92

OP
OP
Attyla the Hawk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":364py7gh said:
Denver Kirkland's run just looked a little silly running the 40. That's fine, its not his game, but his initial 10 yards was really bad. Really slow out of his stance.

I think that's so bad that he is definitely not draftable at any round for Seattle.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Nila Kasitati was someone I really liked as a late round pick but he only put up 12 reps at the bench press. Cody Whitehair's 16 also disappointed.

Jason Spriggs is really helping his draft stock here. The fastest 40 time so far of all Olinemen combined with 31 reps on the bench.

titan3131

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3jebwmo4 said:
ivotuk":3jebwmo4 said:
I like Gilliam at LT, Tretola LG, Lewis/Sokoli C, Sweezy RG (I think his contract will come out reasonable), Britt/Draftt/UDFA

This sounds like an even worse OL than we trotted out in 2015. No thanks.

Hwo d oyou feel about this one?

Okung LT - Fahn Cooper backup
Glowinksi LG
Jack Allen C - Lewis - Sokoli
Joe Dahl RG
Gilliam

OP
OP
Attyla the Hawk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":2zjdx73a said:
Hasselbeck":2zjdx73a said:
ivotuk":2zjdx73a said:
I like Gilliam at LT, Tretola LG, Lewis/Sokoli C, Sweezy RG (I think his contract will come out reasonable), Britt/Draftt/UDFA

This sounds like an even worse OL than we trotted out in 2015. No thanks.

Hwo d oyou feel about this one?

Okung LT - Fahn Cooper backup
Glowinksi LG
Jack Allen C - Lewis - Sokoli
Joe Dahl RG
Gilliam

Cooper is a board favorite at OT. But he's in that R4/R5 mix. I don't see it as likely. 1.85 10y is really outside our ideal (1.75). Anyone approaching 1.9 is going to be hard to project to Seattle.

If Seattle waits to day 3, they're going to go after athletic projects. Guys with good 10 yd splits and length. Candidates may include:

Halapoulivaati Vaitai
John Theus
Brandon Shell

I like Cooper as a day 3 option. It'll remain to be seen how the agility/position drills go. You can forgive poor footspeed/burst if the agility is there (e.g. Tye Smith in 2015). Seattle does see it as a whole puzzle.

I'd put our interest in Tretola as nearly non existant. 31" arms with no speed or burst. Kind of the kiss of death for Seattle prospects.

OP
OP
Attyla the Hawk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3ktrh6bt said:
Nila Kasitati was someone I really liked as a late round pick but he only put up 12 reps at the bench press. Cody Whitehair's 16 also disappointed.

His 40 and 10y are superb however.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Erebus":2fvq44f1 said:
I find it odd that these measurables don't always line up with the Senior Bowl weigh-in results. At the Senior Bowl, Graham Glasgow had 33-1/8" arms and 9-3/4" hands. He apparently grew in a month, and now has 33-5/8" arms and 10-3/4" hands. Le'Raven Clark's hands also grew an inch. I'm sure I'd find more discrepancies if I took the time to look.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2016-senior-bowl-weigh-in-results/

I heard on NFL network that some guys get special massages that elongate the hands by relaxing the muscles. I wish I was kidding.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The top 10 for lineman goes:
1. Jason Spriggs, Indiana 4.85
2. Joe Thuney, N.C. State 4.86
3. Ryan Kelly, Alabama 4.93
4. Caleb Benenoch, UCLA 4.98
5. Cody Whitehair, Kansas State 5.00
5. Jack Conklin, Michigan State 5.00
7. Jake Brendel, UCLA 5.01
8. Connor McGovern, Missouri 5.07
9. Tyler Johnstone, Oregon 5.12
10. Ronnie Stanley, Notr

Overseasfan

Reaction score
CPHawk":1tf4mnpn said:
The top 10 for lineman goes:
1. Jason Spriggs, Indiana 4.85
2. Joe Thuney, N.C. State 4.86
3. Ryan Kelly, Alabama 4.93
4. Caleb Benenoch, UCLA 4.98
5. Cody Whitehair, Kansas State 5.00
5. Jack Conklin, Michigan State 5.00
7. Jake Brendel, UCLA 5.01
8. Connor McGovern, Missouri 5.07
9. Tyler Johnstone, Oregon 5.12
10. Ronnie Stanley, Notr

Most of those are unofficial though. Spriggs time was actually 4.94, which was still the fastest of the OL group.

Keith Marshall just ran an unofficial 4.29 it will probably turn out a bit lower officially but he 's starting to look more legit every day. I'm definitely interested in him.

OP
OP
Attyla the Hawk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Something to consider that I find compelling as these numbers come through:

when it comes to evaluating linemen this week and beyond, the Seahawks will be looking for more than just big, athletic guys.

“You can’t just go with the most athletic, best-looking dude with the longest arms,” Schneider said. “There has to be an aspect of his mental quickness, his awareness, his ability to pick up stunts and blitzes, study his opponent, be ready to play the game, and that cohesion to be able to work with the guy next to him.”

There is an element that we're not going to be privy to this year that I think differentiates our draft strategy now compared to what we've seen up to this point. Much like the last couple years where we identified different qualities which marked our selections (mental ability to fit in locker room in 2014 and toughness/grit in 2015).

It does appear that we're looking at a much less visibly apparent criteria for what is 'Seahawky' as it pertains to the OL.

EDIT:

But those holding a candle for Denver Kirkland can hop off at the next stop. An 8.72 3 cone is epic bad. Might be bottom 10 all time bad in the history of the drill.

Going back six drafts (2011-2016) only one OL has been worse. Even Gabe Jackson in 2014 would have beaten him by a half a second. If we gave him a .40 second head start, it would still be bottom 5 in the drill for this decade.