OL/RB/QB Combine measurments

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For me Max Tuerk's measurables are a tad disappointing as he is described by some draft sites as being long armed. I suppose 32.04" is a barely adequate arm length for a C, but he's rehabbing a bad knee thus will not be all that quickly available to train in offseason workouts and at 298 is not blessed with a lot of sand in the shorts at 6'5".

I'd thought he might be a solid 2nd choice after Martin to be the team's C however maybe not. Maybe Westerman may be a better choice given his exceptional strength and athleticism if Sokoli is not being considered.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think Tretola can't be considered for much other than an inside OLine position, alligator short arms though.

firebee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3ke3wbyq said:
For me Max Tuerk's measurables are a tad disappointing as he is described by some draft sites as being long armed. I suppose 32.04" is a barely adequate arm length for a C, but he's rehabbing a bad knee thus will not be all that quickly available to train in offseason workouts and at 298 is not blessed with a lot of sand in the shorts at 6'5".

I'd thought he might be a solid 2nd choice after Martin to be the team's C however maybe not. Maybe Westerman may be a better choice given his exceptional strength and athleticism if Sokoli is not being considered.

Liking Kelly and Glasgow for options at Center... That's about it. Not even a huge fan of Martin.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This year's C class is not looking that strong. Am wondering if the team may need to bring in a FA to strengthen the middle?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2zn30bsl said:
Numbers starting to come in.

Lots of long OT prospects. Three OTs with 36+ inch arm length (4 total last three draft classes). Lots of 35"+

Decker's length is very disappointing. 33" arms -- that's barely Seahawk OG length.

More to follow. Final combine tracker can be found [urltargetblank]http://draftbreakdown.com/2016-nfl-scouting-combine-results-tracker/[/urltargetblank]

Decker has 33 3/4 inch arms.

So he's pretty much 34 inch arms, not 33.

firebee

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2oieocxe said:
Attyla the Hawk":2oieocxe said:
Numbers starting to come in.

Lots of long OT prospects. Three OTs with 36+ inch arm length (4 total last three draft classes). Lots of 35"+

Decker's length is very disappointing. 33" arms -- that's barely Seahawk OG length.

More to follow. Final combine tracker can be found [urltargetblank]http://draftbreakdown.com/2016-nfl-scouting-combine-results-tracker/[/urltargetblank]

Decker has 33 3/4 inch arms.

So he's pretty much 34 inch arms, not 33.

In that case... Fahn Cooper has 35" arms and a 10" paw.

CPHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3pltn8nv said:
Henry has infant sized habnds. Not sure that matters at that position, but that is freakishly small for such a big guy.

S l300

Having Boz sized hands, isn't ideal for a power RB who will have a bunch of monsters punching at the ball every down.

CPHawk

Reaction score
A guy I'd like us to look at in the 6th round, Tyler Johnstone measured in at 6'5 301 and had 34" arms. He's dinged big time for two acl tears, which cased him to miss the entire 2014 season. If he can get back to he pre injury dominance, he would be a solid late round steal.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":26shppss said:
I hope we stay far away from Derrick Henry. Far, far away.

I think he could be really good for a few teams out there, but not for Seattle.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Beautiful! Thanks for the link!!

Ugh...I had shit to do around the house tonight...not happenin'

2016 NFL Combine Schedule on NFLN

Friday 09:00AM ET

--> Running Back, Offensive Line, Special Teams

Saturday 09:00AM ET

--> Quarterback, Wide Receiver, Tight End

Sunday 09:00AM ET

--> Defensive Line, Linebacker

Monday 09:00AM ET

--> Defensive Backs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Glasgow kicked ass at the Senior Bowl practice going against guys like Noah Spence and Sheldon Rankins.

I've changed my tune and really don't see any OL worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick unless Tunsil miraculously fell to us.

Don't like Decker. He will get eaten alive by speedy linebackers. Something about him is just off, and I think it's that Urban Meyer can make a college player look elite, because he knows how to max them out. Some of his players are elite, but all I see in Taylor is a lumbering giant.

This year the value at 1 and 2 is DT. If he's there at 26, I'd be ecstatic if we got Sheldon Rankins. Then get Vernon Butler, Andrew Bilings, Chris Jones, Adolphus Johnson or Austin Johnson, in that order. I would be overcome with happiness if we could fix the center of the defensive line with a couple of young bucks. Worked well for Carolina :th2thumbs:

Carl Nassib at DE if he falls to the 3rd, otherwise OL and DB. I'm a huge Tretola fan and actually believe that Guard is our biggest need. Much like Brees at New Orleans, Russell would benefit from a stable middle of the line and Patrick Lewis was serviceable.

I like Gilliam at LT, Tretola LG, Lewis/Sokoli C, Sweezy RG (I think his contract will come out reasonable), Britt/Draftt/UDFA

chris98251

Reaction score
The way this RB breaks down the more I think we take a hard look at Washington as a RB pick up, not because he's from Washington but more because of size speed running through contact and he has a knock on him coming off surgery so may drop.

firebee

Reaction score
ivotuk":2g8j81jo said:
Glasgow kicked ass at the Senior Bowl practice going against guys like Noah Spence and Sheldon Rankins.

I've changed my tune and really don't see any OL worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick unless Tunsil miraculously fell to us.

Don't like Decker. He will get eaten alive by speedy linebackers. Something about him is just off, and I think it's that Urban Meyer can make a college player look elite, because he knows how to max them out. Some of his players are elite, but all I see in Taylor is a lumbering giant.

This year the value at 1 and 2 is DT. If he's there at 26, I'd be ecstatic if we got Sheldon Rankins. Then get Vernon Butler, Andrew Bilings, Chris Jones, Adolphus Johnson or Austin Johnson, in that order. I would be overcome with happiness if we could fix the center of the defensive line with a couple of young bucks. Worked well for Carolina :th2thumbs:

Carl Nassib at DE if he falls to the 3rd, otherwise OL and DB. I'm a huge Tretola fan and actually believe that Guard is our biggest need. Much like Brees at New Orleans, Russell would benefit from a stable middle of the line and Patrick Lewis was serviceable.

I like Gilliam at LT, Tretola LG, Lewis/Sokoli C, Sweezy RG (I think his contract will come out reasonable), Britt/Draftt/UDFA

I think Coleman and Decker are worthy of a 2nd round pick, but not a 1st round pick and I'd take Coleman over Decker. Really not a whole lot of difference between Decker and Coleman, other than I think Coleman is physically more in the mold of the OT types we like and I think he's going to develop a little more physically. I avoid Ifedi and Clark like the plague. Don't really care what their combine numbers look like or what their measurables are... I don't see either being capable of playing tackle in the NFL. Just too many problems with those two guys based on what I've seen on film. Hands aren't active, flopping on cut blocks, poor pad level, poor footwork and balance. I just don't want to see either of those guys in a Seahawk uniform. They'll have us praising the idea of having Britt at OT.

Fahn Cooper still remains high on my radar. Probably the most fundamentally and physically sound tackle in the draft after round 1, but inconsistent. Lets his pad level get high at times or takes a bad step on his slide and has problems when more than 1 blitzer comes at his side, but fundamentally and physically sound enough to play OT in the NFL. Holds up well one on one, usually plays with good form and uses his hands well. Overall, he's just a really solid offensive tackle that's a little inconsistent. Loving this guy as a possible starter in the NFL though. He's going to take his licks, but I think he'll be one of the better OTs taken in this draft a few years down the road.

If we're looking for a raw physical talent to mold from scratch that has an insane amount of upside physically; I'm liking Nembot out of Colorado for OT. Just looks like a natural beast for OT. Reaches a lot, lunges and needs to work on his slide, but I like that he has active hands and attacks. He doesn't let defenders get into him like Clark and Ifedi do. Mostly just needs work on maintaining balance and footwork to stay in front of blockers and breakdown in the open field. I love the physical upside of this guy though. He's a very naturally athletic offensive tackle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":i45sxzk3 said:
Hasselbeck":i45sxzk3 said:

I don't know man, there are so many red flags that come with Henry. For his size he is awful at breaking tackles.. I think he had only SEVEN broken tackles in 2015. That's astonishing given his size and workload. Also a nice segway into the other concerns I have about him, Lane Kiffin has a penchant for stat stuffing his star players.. he did it with Marqise Lee and Amari Cooper and he did it this past season with Derrick Henry. Then you throw in the small hands and all of this screams "stay away"

Also - not like Alabama has been Tailback U of late. I think Lacy and Trent Richardson were better prospects coming out of college and barring Eddie Lacy getting down with Tony Horton this offseason, thats not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I'm a major proponent of simply not drafting a RB this year because 2017 is going to be the draft equivalent at RB that 2014 was for WR's .. but if they feel like they have to go that direction I'd much rather look at one of the Arkansas tailbacks or a guy like Jordan Howard or Paul Perkins. If we can secure a capable vet on a 1-year deal and bring back C-Mike, I would rather go that direction in 2016.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":3sliglf1 said:

This sounds like an even worse OL than we trotted out in 2015. No thanks.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":13uxezts said:
kearly":13uxezts said:
Hasselbeck":13uxezts said:

I don't know man, there are so many red flags that come with Henry. For his size he is awful at breaking tackles.. I think he had only SEVEN broken tackles in 2015. That's astonishing given his size and workload. Also a nice segway into the other concerns I have about him, Lane Kiffin has a penchant for stat stuffing his star players.. he did it with Marqise Lee and Amari Cooper and he did it this past season with Derrick Henry. Then you throw in the small hands and all of this screams "stay away"

Also - not like Alabama has been Tailback U of late. I think Lacy and Trent Richardson were better prospects coming out of college and barring Eddie Lacy getting down with Tony Horton this offseason, thats not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I'm a major proponent of simply not drafting a RB this year because 2017 is going to be the draft equivalent at RB that 2014 was for WR's .. but if they feel like they have to go that direction I'd much rather look at one of the Arkansas tailbacks or a guy like Jordan Howard or Paul Perkins. If we can secure a capable vet on a 1-year deal and bring back C-Mike, I would rather go that direction in 2016.

Where are the stats on broken tackles coming from? Cause PFF had Henry leading the country in yards after contact.

Regardless, there is more than one way to skin cat. Broken tackles are great, but missed tackles are just as good. Watching Henry is like watching Shaun Alexander. He sets up tacklers to miss. Gives them bad angles through subtle shifts and speed changes.

He different than Marshawn, but not necessarily worse.

cheese22

Reaction score
I'm a believer that stats are the most over emphasized judgment tools in all of sports. Some of the best team sport players would have bombed on measurements. Can you imagine standing in front of two behemoth offensive linemen and actually drafting one over the other based on 1" of arm length? Granted, I don't want a writer who runs 5.2 or a lineman who bench presses for 10 reps. But the scrutiny that people put these guys through because of these numbers is ridiculous. The two most important measurements are immeasurable and that's heart and want. I think game film is the most undervalued part of this process.

Bottom line: If a guy can play...throw the measurables out the window.

McGruff

Reaction score
Caleb Benenoch just dropped a sub 5.0 40 with a 1.68 split at 311 pounds and good length. Worth taking a look at film there.

Conklin delivered on his sub 5.0 promise with a solid 1.75 split.

Glasgow's 40 was just okay, but his split was a solid 1.76. Same with Joe Haeg.

McGruff

Reaction score
McGruff":3d1mq1jv said:
Caleb Benenoch just dropped a sub 5.0 40 with a 1.68 split at 311 pounds and good length. Worth taking a look at film there.

Conklin delivered on his sub 5.0 promise with a solid 1.75 split.

Glasgow's 40 was just okay, but his split was a solid 1.76. Same with Joe Haeg.

Watched Benenoch against USC. He started at RT (where he is most experienced) to RG part way through the game. He's much more natutal outside at tackle, but the experience at guard shows that he can put his hand in the dirt and fire off the ball. That means a lot for transitioning to the NFL.

He carries some bad weight around the middle, but is surprisingly nimble. If he can convert some of that girth to muscle and add to his strength, he's a very good prospect.

He's not a mauler in the run game, but he does a good job staying with his blocks and doing just enough to make the block. He is good at movement blocks and getting to the second level.

As a pass blocker, he locks down speed, but power gives him problems. Get's pushed back into the pocket a lot. There are also times where his effort looks inconsistent. Like he's counting to 3 or 4 seconds and then letting up. That won't work well for a Russell Wilson based offense.

He's an odd guy to project, because his experience is at RT but his skill set screams LT. He's actually a lot like Gilliam in that way.