On the bubble wide receivers

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I frankly think Lawler clears waivers and could be added to the PS, that the # 5 and 6 WRs are McEvoy and Williams respectively. Williams has a high upside when healthy and we have only just begun to scratch the the potential of McEvoy. If the team does keep another WR on the PS it'd be Goodley or a player to be determined added from the cuts around the league.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2nm2h488 said:
I frankly think Lawler clears waivers and could be added to the PS, that the # 5 and 6 WRs are McEvoy and Williams respectively. Williams has a high upside when healthy and we have only just begun to scratch the the potential of McEvoy. If the team does keep another WR on the PS it'd be Goodley or a player to be determined added from the cuts around the league.

I agree. At the same time, Lawler has been playing the most with the backups. I don't think he's looked better than any of the others, but it complicates the prediction a tad.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think we keep 6 wide receivers and Lawler is the odd man out. But he should make it to our practice squad.

kf3339

Reaction score
I don't see any reason to keep 6 WR's on this team. Beside our top 4 there are no other WR's that have really set themselves apart from the remaining competition. Personally I would rather keep an extra OL than a 6th WR who would probably be an inactive for most if not all of the season.

Of the remaining WR's for me it's between Williams and McEvoy. Williams is the logical choice if completely healthy. But since that still needs to be proven it keeps McEvoy in the running.

We will know for sure in the next two days. Right?

McGruff

Reaction score
kf3339":3vpo9a96 said:
I don't see any reason to keep 6 WR's on this team. Beside our top 4 there are no other WR's that have really set themselves apart from the remaining competition. Personally I would rather keep an extra OL than a 6th WR who would probably be an inactive for most if not all of the season.

Of the remaining WR's for me it's between Williams and McEvoy. Williams is the logical choice if completely healthy. But since that still needs to be proven it keeps McEvoy in the running.

We will know for sure in the next two days. Right?

I could see keeping 6 until we know Graham is ready. Graham is the 6th WR.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
McEvoy should be on the roster he's done enough and he has attributes the other WR's don't have .

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Williams has been hurt and Prosise is going to be split wide a lot - I don't think we need to carry five WR as we have Prosise active now and Graham back in three weeks or so. I'd rather just carry five plus Prosise and Graham. With that extra spot, maybe we can keep an extra RB and roll with Collins and Pope by justifying it as Prosise being more of a WR anyway.

Seafan

Reaction score
There is a chance McEvoy goes to IR or PS. The team needs a 5th WR like they need a 4th RB. Guys like KSmith, Kasen, Goodley, McEvoy etc can be kept on the PS.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Depends on how healthy McEvoy is. If he is good to go, or good to go-ish..its him. And its because of special teams. Lawler can catch and runs the best routes..but as Mike Salk pointed out yesterday on the radio..your #5 WR is going to catch 10 to 20 balls this year..so its the other stuff that matters..and McEvoy is by far the biggest and best contributor there.

McGruff

Reaction score
I do wonder with Procise and Graham acting as glorified wide receivers if they might just keep 4.

If they keep 5 at the point I think our 5th WR is currently on another roster.

HawkGA

Reaction score
McGruff":3ntl97lg said:
I do wonder with Procise and Graham acting as glorified wide receivers if they might just keep 4.

I was just wondering the same thing as I read through this thread. I think there might be enough fungibility on the roster to save a space here.

kearly

Reaction score
Smith got hurt and was an early cut. Williams didn't catch a single ball. Lawler looked like a CFL talent. McEvoy earns the spot because of his versatility and size. But not because he's an actual, real WR. Quite the contrast from a year ago, when it felt like Seattle had 8 WRs that were worth keeping.

It's fine though, Seattle can probably get by with their top 4 receivers barring an Armageddon of injuries. The fact that they are showing tons of 2 WR looks is probably bad for Wilson and our offense as a whole, but it also means we don't need to be ultra deep at WR.

McGruff":2sc01x8j said:

Graham yes, if he recovers which is a huge question mark. Procise has never struck me as a particularly gifted receiver in all honesty.