One thing I want to see Saturday

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You actually think Freeman or anyone could truck Kam??? :roll:

I think you should concern yourself with that weak running D you have. And, until I see Matt Ryan win more than one playoff game in a season, he's just another great regular season quarterback. Unlike Wilson, who takes his game to the next level in the playoffs.
I think I'd take the over in this game :)

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":14e9i2z5 said:

I think you should concern yourself with that weak running D you have. And, until I see Matt Ryan win more than one playoff game in a season, he's just another great regular season quarterback. Unlike Wilson, who takes his game to the next level in the playoffs.

The next level being 5 picks vs GB?

Scoreless after 3 vs MN?

31-0 at the half vs Carolina?

Ryan may only have 1 win... but it was against Seattle. If he had walked into the historic defense RW had in 2013 he'd have won the SB too. There's QBs out there named Trent Dilfer and Jim McMahon that won Super Bowls with similar historic defenses.

There's also a QB named Dan Marino who never won a Super Bowl. But we know... RW is the greatest of all time.

Tell me more about how Rawls is gonna truck our weak running game... like he did vs SF's 32nd run D a couple weeks ago and like he's done all season?

vs MIA 32 yds
@ LA -7 yds
vs PHI 57 yds
@ TB 38 yds
vs CAR 106 yds
@ GB 67 yds
vs LA 34 yds
vs AR 8 yds
@ SF 14 yds

But a 161 yard game vs Detroit signals he's the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch?

k.

Excuse me for not being worried about his 51 yard average that is only that high because of the Detroit game.

... and lets get off the Ryan is 1-4 train. We've already been over this dozens of times. It's easy to blame Ryan for the losses but once you look at the stats (threw for 400 yards, 3 TDs, 115 rating vs SF, Falcons defense didn't force a GB punt the entire game, Giants shut us down and also shut Brady down) and also realize Ryan doesn't play defense maybe you'll stop hating.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are you really gonna' sit there and act like Russell Wilson hasn't been clutch in the playoffs?

Wilson has the most wins by any starting QB in his first 5 seasons in NFL history, including playoffs. And a Super Bowl title, and one bad play call from another title. And a butt load of division titles. But yeah, he's not clutch. Your 1 win quarterback is though.

Thanks for the laugh. Have a great night.

RussB

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1gklenwb said:
SoulfishHawk":1gklenwb said:

Scoreless after 3 vs MN?

Ryan may only have 1 win... but it was against Seattle. If he had walked into the historic defense RW had in 2013 he'd have won the SB too. There's QBs out there named Trent Dilfer and Jim McMahon that won Super Bowls with similar historic defenses.

There's also a QB named Dan Marino who never won a Super Bowl. But we know... RW is the greatest of all time.

Tell me more about how Rawls is gonna truck our weak running game... like he did vs SF's 32nd run D a couple weeks ago and like he's done all season?

vs MIA 32 yds
@ LA -7 yds
vs PHI 57 yds
@ TB 38 yds
vs CAR 106 yds
@ GB 67 yds
vs LA 34 yds
vs AR 8 yds
@ SF 14 yds

But a 161 yard game vs Detroit signals he's the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch?

k.

Excuse me for not being worried about his 51 yard average that is only that high because of the Detroit game.

... and lets get off the Ryan is 1-4 train. We've already been over this dozens of times. It's easy to blame Ryan for the losses but once you look at the stats (threw for 400 yards, 3 TDs, 115 rating vs SF, Falcons defense didn't force a GB punt the entire game, Giants shut us down and also shut Brady down) and also realize Ryan doesn't play defense maybe you'll stop hating.
Russell wilson>>>>>Matt Ryan
SEA D>>>>ATL O
Kam>>>>>Freeman
Sherman>>>>>Julio

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'll take a win with no injuries along with a Cowpukes loss on Sunday. :2thumbs:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2xsjtxzg said:
SoulfishHawk":2xsjtxzg said:

Scoreless after 3 vs MN?

vs MIA 32 yds
@ LA -7 yds
vs PHI 57 yds
@ TB 38 yds
vs CAR 106 yds
@ GB 67 yds
vs LA 34 yds
vs AR 8 yds
@ SF 14 yds

k.

I admire your bias, I truly do.

But one thing that is irritating, debating with any fan base, is their unwillingness to acknowledge facts or be fair minded.

So you add the Minnesota game, which pretty much had like a -40 degree windchill or something like that, to hold against Wilson? Even though Wilson did have some heroic plays in that game? Okay

You use one poor game in Green Bay to basically dismiss all of his other playoff games? Cute

You use Rawls regular season stats to ignore that both Rawls(and Wilson) were very injured for the season? Hilarious

I hope we crush you

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":kvp18g4k said:
SoulfishHawk":kvp18g4k said:

Scoreless after 3 vs MN?

vs MIA 32 yds
@ LA -7 yds
vs PHI 57 yds
@ TB 38 yds
vs CAR 106 yds
@ GB 67 yds
vs LA 34 yds
vs AR 8 yds
@ SF 14 yds

k.

2012 Playoffs 24/36 385 Yds 2 TD 1 Int, 7 carries for 60 yds 1 TD

Also led the Hawks to come back from a 20 point deficit and was an Icing the kicker TO away from winning on the road.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3fqc1sne said:
Are you really gonna' sit there and act like Russell Wilson hasn't been clutch in the playoffs?

What has Wilson done since being carried by the greatest defense since the 2000 Ravens?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Blow a Super Bowl? Owned in Carolina last year? Win the worst division in football this year?

SoulfishHawk":3fqc1sne said:
Wilson has the most wins by any starting QB in his first 5 seasons in NFL history, including playoffs.

Ahhh.... now we are talking about stats that nobody gives a shit about.

Yeah lets take a look at their first 5 seasons.

Ryan (2008-2012) 56-24
Wilson (2012-2016) 56-23-1

... and this is regular season with Ryan not having half the defense that has carried Wilson the last 5 years.

Glad you threw in "including playoffs" because the 1-4 vs 8-3 definitely proves that Wilson is the GOAT and Ryan can't carry his jockstrap.

:sarcasm_off:

RussB":3fqc1sne said:
SEA D>>>>ATL O
Kam>>>>>Freeman
Sherman>>>>>Julio

Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better.

Scorpion05":3fqc1sne said:
I hope we crush you

Seattle is 5-10 over the past two seasons when they give up 20 or more. Falcons have scored over 20 in every game except Philly. We've scored at least 24 in all 10 games on turf this year.

Falcons on grass (6 games): 31.8 ppg

Falcons on turf (10 games): 34.9 ppg

Seahawks fans will sometimes downplay their road woes and argue that it's more a matter of them playing well on turf instead of playing on grass. It's true that they beat New England on the road (turf game) but they also lost to the Saints, scoring just 20 points on the 31st ranked scoring defense. That 20 points includes a fumble return touchdown...by Earl Thomas.

Good luck crushing us. We aren't the Lions.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3mscie5u said:
SoulfishHawk":3mscie5u said:

What has Wilson done since being carried by the greatest defense since the 2000 Ravens?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Blow a Super Bowl? Owned in Carolina last year? Win the worst division in football this year?

SoulfishHawk":3mscie5u said:
Wilson has the most wins by any starting QB in his first 5 seasons in NFL history, including playoffs.

Ryan (2008-2012) 56-24

... and this is regular season with Ryan not having half the defense that has carried Wilson the last 5 years.

Glad you threw in "including playoffs" because the 1-4 vs 8-3 definitely proves that Wilson is the GOAT and Ryan can't carry his jockstrap.

RussB":3mscie5u said:
SEA D>>>>ATL O
Kam>>>>>Freeman
Sherman>>>>>Julio

Scorpion05":3mscie5u said:
I hope we crush you

Seattle is 5-10 over the past two seasons when they give up 20 or more. Falcons have scored over 20 in every game except Philly. We've scored at least 24 in all 10 games on turf this year.

Seahawks fans will sometimes downplay their road woes and argue that it's more a matter of them playing well on turf instead of playing on grass. It's true that they beat New England on the road (turf game) but they also lost to the Saints, scoring just 20 points on the 31st ranked scoring defense. That 20 points includes a fumble return touchdown...by Earl Thomas.

Matt Ryan 1st 5 years

1654/2637 (62.72%) 18,957 yards 127/60 TD/INT 7.19 YPA 90.18 QB Rating

RW 1st 5 years
1476/2281 (64.71%) 18,193 yards 127/45 TD/INT 7.99 YPA 99.78 QB Rating

So RW has thrown the ball 350 times less and has the same TD and almost as many yards? Also has a lower INT %. This isn't even including the 2,689 yards rushing and 13 TD RW has.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":pdnf0x10 said:
I'll tell you what you are... you're a team with a QB that has a 1-4 record in the playoffs.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":38n4hcup said:
Matt Ryan 1st 5 years

RW 1st 5 years

So RW has thrown the ball 350 times less and has the same TD and almost as many yards? Also has a lower INT %. This isn't even including the 2,689 yards rushing and 13 TD RW has.

Like I said man... Wilson is the GOAT. Even Brady would agree after looking at those stats.

onanygivensunday":38n4hcup said:
FalconsFanNW":38n4hcup said:

I'll tell you what you are... you're a team with a QB that has a 1-4 record in the playoffs.

Yet another stat that means jack shit.

2008 - lost by 6 on road in rookie season
2010 - lost to a red hot GB team who didn't punt a single time the entire game
2011 - shut out by a red hot NYG team who also beat Brady in Super Bowl
2012 - threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs with a 115 rating but D blew a 17-0 lead

Those are easily the best stats ever for a 1-4 playoff QB... whose only win came against the Seattle Seahawks. Love how you guys love to throw that 1-4 thing out there when you're the team he beat.

Now that we've had our share of meaningless stats this thread... here's some that are a bit more relevant.

Opposing QBs vs SEA w/ Earl Thomas on the field this year: Seven TDs, 10 picks, 77.8 passer rating
Opposing QBs vs SEA w/o Earl Thomas: 9 TDs, 1 INT, 99.5 passer rating

Ryan this season? 38 TDs.. 7 picks. Last 4 games? 11 TDs 0 picks.

Ya'll ready for Saturday? We sure are. I can't wait to post the "Matt Ryan is now 2-4 in the playoffs" thread.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1k9hyduz said:

Hey... just found something that you Seattle fans should probably read.

http://atlantasportspage.org/matt-ryans ... s-in-2017/

The chart below lists the numbers of three quarterbacks after five playoff games. Of the three, two have won NFL Championships and have a winning playoff record.

Quarterback Passer Rating* Pass Yards TD/INT YPA*
A 88.4 873 6/4 6.89
B 84.3 1230 9/7 6.56
C 45.0 660 1/6 5.33

*Represents the average on a per game basis.

I’m sure you will have guessed that two of the three quarterbacks are Matt Ryan and Eli Manning. Manning is QB A and Ryan is QB B. Quarterback C is Joe Flacco. As you can see, his numbers are so shockingly bad that it would lead you to expect a winless playoff record; they are night and day compared to Ryan’s! Even so, Flacco was perceived by many to be a good playoff quarterback, and everyone knows Ryan underperforms. This perception is based solely upon a win-loss record that, in hindsight, is usually placed completely upon the shoulder of the quarterback, with little to no context. Although Manning and Flacco made their fair share of mistakes, both the Giants and Ravens teams were good enough to overcome them and each win three out of five, respectively.

One other question regarding this... Would anyone pick Trent Dilfer (5-1) over Peyton Manning, who was 2-3 after five playoff games?

Keep trying to convince yourselves that 1-4 has any meaning Seattle fans. :mrgreen:

PS.

To borrow a quote from some of my fellow Falcons fans...

"When we're the "1" in your "1-4" argument you should really bite your tongue."

P.S.S.

Wilson's 8-3 playoff record falls to 0-3 when his D gives up more than 24 pts. Falcons have averaged 35 a game at home and have scored no less than 24 on turf.

RussB

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":105p52mh said:
EverydayImRusselin":105p52mh said:
Matt Ryan 1st 5 years

RW 1st 5 years

Like I said man... Wilson is the GOAT. Even Brady would agree after looking at those stats.

onanygivensunday":105p52mh said:
FalconsFanNW":105p52mh said:

Yet another stat that means jack shit.

2008 - lost by 6 on road in rookie season
2010 - lost to a red hot GB team who didn't punt a single time the entire game
2011 - shut out by a red hot NYG team who also beat Brady in Super Bowl
2012 - threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs with a 115 rating but D blew a 17-0 lead

Those are easily the best stats ever for a 1-4 playoff QB... whose only win came against the Seattle Seahawks. Love how you guys love to throw that 1-4 thing out there when you're the team he beat.

Now that we've had our share of meaningless stats this thread... here's some that are a bit more relevant.

Opposing QBs vs SEA w/ Earl Thomas on the field this year: Seven TDs, 10 picks, 77.8 passer rating
Opposing QBs vs SEA w/o Earl Thomas: 9 TDs, 1 INT, 99.5 passer rating

Ryan this season? 38 TDs.. 7 picks. Last 4 games? 11 TDs 0 picks.

Ya'll ready for Saturday? We sure are. I can't wait to post the "Matt Ryan is now 2-4 in the playoffs" thread.
You keep bringing up the seahawks losses. You do realize falcons have just as many losses lol? You guys only have the first round bye because seahawks came out flat against AZ and gifted it to you. You are talking as if they are 16-0 or something lol. They can be beat just like anyone else.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
RussB":2i2eja88 said:
You guys only have the first round bye because seahawks came out flat against AZ and gifted it to you. You are talking as if they are 16-0 or something lol. They can be beat just like anyone else.

... and we appreciate the 2nd seed.

The Cardinals are now my 2nd favorite team. It's funny because looking at Seattle's last 2 games I was like "Arizona has to do it for us... no way Seattle loses to SF" although they sure tried in that ugly 25-23 game where they couldn't run on the 32nd ranked run D.

Now you guys are claiming you're gonna run all over our D based off what happened with Detroit. Our D is better than the stats indicate... we've given up a lot of yards in garbage time. Dude from AZ was held to like 60 yards as well...

BTW... nobody here said Atlanta couldn't be beat. I've never said that.

I do think it's funny though that you guys talk about the Seahawks as if every playoff game is a home game. It's nice to be confident even though history shows (both regular season and playoffs) that they more often than not clearly aren't the same team away from Clink.

StoneCold

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1xhkozw9 said:
RussB":1xhkozw9 said:
You guys only have the first round bye because seahawks came out flat against AZ and gifted it to you. You are talking as if they are 16-0 or something lol. They can be beat just like anyone else.

... and we appreciate the 2nd seed.

The Cardinals are now my 2nd favorite team. It's funny because looking at Seattle's last 2 games I was like "Arizona has to do it for us... no way Seattle loses to SF" although they sure tried in that ugly 25-23 game where they couldn't run on the 32nd ranked run D.

Now you guys are claiming you're gonna run all over our D based off what happened with Detroit. Our D is better than the stats indicate... we've given up a lot of yards in garbage time. Dude from AZ was held to like 60 yards as well...

BTW... nobody here said Atlanta couldn't be beat. I've never said that.

I do think it's funny though that you guys talk about the Seahawks as if every playoff game is a home game. It's nice to be confident even though history shows (both regular season and playoffs) that they more often than not clearly aren't the same team away from Clink.

It should be a good, hard fought game. I will enjoy watching your Falcon turn into a Crow Saturday afternoon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You just can't handle the fact that your precious QB and team chokes in the playoffs every year.

Hearing someone talk smack about Wilson in the playoffs is beyond hilarious.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well if your this tough that a Packer can do this to a lineman were worried.

falcons-flop-football-flopping-gifs.gif

hawkfan68

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":klmuiiak said:
SoulfishHawk":klmuiiak said:

Anyone?

Anyone?

SoulfishHawk":klmuiiak said:

Ryan (2008-2012) 56-24

RussB":klmuiiak said:
SEA D>>>>ATL O
Kam>>>>>Freeman
Sherman>>>>>Julio

Scorpion05":klmuiiak said:
I hope we crush you

B96050f0 9351 0132 1df4 0a2c89e5f2f5

Scorpion05

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":35otcdp9 said:
SoulfishHawk":35otcdp9 said:

Anyone?

Anyone?

SoulfishHawk":35otcdp9 said:

Ryan (2008-2012) 56-24

RussB":35otcdp9 said:
SEA D>>>>ATL O
Kam>>>>>Freeman
Sherman>>>>>Julio

Scorpion05":35otcdp9 said:
I hope we crush you

Yea, this is a waste of time

It's pretty clear at this point that as far as you're concerned, only the stats that work in your favor matter. So a 1-4 record in the playoffs is jackshit but every single number and fact used to counter your point is relevant. Funny how that works

Good luck beating a healthier Wilson on Saturday