One thing I want to see Saturday

SkerBird8710

Reaction score
Rob12":3dkja4gp said:
Disclaimer: I don't want any player to get hurt on Saturday.

But Kam needs to steal Julio's soul. Just once. Make him think twice. That's all I want.
Julio is fearless going across the middle, he's taken plenty of shots from all teams this season. Jam will be a added boost to y'all for sure. But to the same effect I hope Neal extends his streak of sending WRs into last week :D

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Scorpion05":25h3ynh7 said:
Yea, this is a waste of time

It's pretty clear at this point that as far as you're concerned, only the stats that work in your favor matter. So a 1-4 record in the playoffs is jackshit but every single number and fact used to counter your point is relevant. Funny how that works

Good luck beating a healthier Wilson on Saturday

Thanks... and the 1-4 record is true. What I argue is the fact that people like to blame it on Ryan. To be expected I guess because the QB seems to always get the glory and also be the scapegoat... but the hate isn't deserved.

2012 NFC Championship Ryan - 396 yds, 3 TD, 1 Int. 115 rating. The defense turned a 17-0 lead into a 28-24 loss.

But it's Ryans fault?

That's what I've been arguing. Not the 1-4 record.... but I do love how you guys like to throw that 1-4 out there when you are the "1"... :mrgreen:

StoneCold

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":15u5s2bc said:
Scorpion05":15u5s2bc said:

It's pretty clear at this point that as far as you're concerned, only the stats that work in your favor matter. So a 1-4 record in the playoffs is jackshit but every single number and fact used to counter your point is relevant. Funny how that works

Thanks... and the 1-4 record is true. What I argue is the fact that people like to blame it on Ryan. To be expected I guess because the QB seems to always get the glory and also be the scapegoat... but the hate isn't deserved.

2012 NFC Championship Ryan - 396 yds, 3 TD, 1 Int. 115 rating. The defense turned a 17-0 lead into a 28-24 loss.

But it's Ryans fault?

That's what I've been arguing. Not the 1-4 record.... but I do love how you guys like to throw that 1-4 out there when you are the "1"... :mrgreen:

Yes we are the "1" from 4 years ago. Last time we played we made mistakes on D. Mistakes we are unlikely to make this time around. And we still won. That must trouble your sleep, no?

Hawks46

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1guighu2 said:
Scorpion05":1guighu2 said:

But it's Ryans fault?

Here is the flaw in your reasoning: you keep claiming it's not Ryan's fault they keep losing, but a bad defense. It's quite likely true. Here's the problem: you have a bad defense again. If you go straight stats, or by DVOA you're ranked anywhere from 26th to 29th in the league. That's bad. When you spend your money on the offensive side of the ball, you're going to have a good offense and a bad defense.

Oh and I love your line "Our d isn't as bad as stats indicate". That can be used for literally anything, any squad on any team. Our OL isn't as bad as stats indicate. We ran all over Detroit, and you have a worse ranked run Defense than Detroit does. Running games generally travel well in the playoffs, along with Defense. There, sound good ? Either way, it's still a flaw in your logic. You can't blame your defense and excoriate Ryan, yet trot out a bad defense and act invincible.

Just for the record, I think you guys win. I think it's closer than folks want to believe, but I think too many things have to go right concurrently to give us a win. I'm expecting a loss, but I'm not surprised by a win.

Blindside

Reaction score
Largent80":14q6q4vi said:
Run the ball successfully and often. This lets the defense rests and keeps their offense on the pine.

The best defense is to keep their offense off the field. Run it successfully to slow the offense and win time of possession then WIN the game against the Falcons.

irocdave

Reaction score
Some of our fans are grasping at straws to defend a perceived slight by an up and coming fan bases attempt to debate the intricacies of the matchup tomorrow. In my mind they have put their online credibility at risk in a penis measuring debate. It will be interesting to see what happens on this site if the hawks drop this game tomorrow. Falcon fans know this, your site will be inundated with the same type of fans if you lose. Sad to say, never thought hawk fans would be this way. Guess it's just how todays younger NFL fans are, they didn't live through decades of being the gum on the bottom of the NFL shoe.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3sco5odv said:
SoulfishHawk":3sco5odv said:
You actually think Freeman or anyone could truck Kam??? :roll:

I think you should concern yourself with that weak running D you have. And, until I see Matt Ryan win more than one playoff game in a season, he's just another great regular season quarterback. Unlike Wilson, who takes his game to the next level in the playoffs.
I think I'd take the over in this game :)

The next level being 5 picks vs GB?

Scoreless after 3 vs MN?

31-0 at the half vs Carolina?

Ryan may only have 1 win... but it was against Seattle. If he had walked into the historic defense RW had in 2013 he'd have won the SB too. There's QBs out there named Trent Dilfer and Jim McMahon that won Super Bowls with similar historic defenses.

There's also a QB named Dan Marino who never won a Super Bowl. But we know... RW is the greatest of all time.

Tell me more about how Rawls is gonna truck our weak running game... like he did vs SF's 32nd run D a couple weeks ago and like he's done all season?

vs MIA 32 yds
@ LA -7 yds
vs PHI 57 yds
@ TB 38 yds
vs CAR 106 yds
@ GB 67 yds
vs LA 34 yds
vs AR 8 yds
@ SF 14 yds

But a 161 yard game vs Detroit signals he's the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch?

k.

Excuse me for not being worried about his 51 yard average that is only that high because of the Detroit game.

... and lets get off the Ryan is 1-4 train. We've already been over this dozens of times. It's easy to blame Ryan for the losses but once you look at the stats (threw for 400 yards, 3 TDs, 115 rating vs SF, Falcons defense didn't force a GB punt the entire game, Giants shut us down and also shut Brady down) and also realize Ryan doesn't play defense maybe you'll stop hating.

Who won the week 6 Match Up?

BTW, if Bevell had burned the 40 seconds off the clock enroute to scoring in that game Matt Ryan would be 0-5.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
I want to see two things.

A Russell Wilson on his second game without a knee brace acting like the RW3 who gives pass rushers and D Coordinators nightmares.

A Defense that doesn't want to be the only ones in the league that allowed Matt Ryan to beat them in the playoffs...twice.

If both of them show up it's a 'Hawk lock.

:les:

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yep. All good things to see. I'd like to see some turnovers. I will here and now predict two picks by our D. This tips things in our favor plus nice return yardage from Hester and no misses by Hauschka.

hawk45

Reaction score
Russell Wilson always gives us a chance in the 4th quarter in the playoffs provided he hasn't sunk our chances by halftime.
Vs the skins, Falcons, Niners, packers, and panthers Russell has ranged from utterly ineffective to disastrous in the first half.
Not all of those may be on him but some certainly were with high or terrible throws for picks.
Ryan on the other hand seems to have his head on straight from the opening gun and is a fast starter. Russell has something to prove to me about how he starts playoff games, and if he fails to prove it this game may be over after two quarters.