One thing they haven't fixed

cymatica

Reaction score
They huddle way too close to the line of scrimmage, allowing defenses to hear the calls. The announcers pointed out that they huddle closer than any other team. I've noticed this all year. Every time I looked this game they were within 5 yards of the LOS, which is a couple yards closer than most teams in a normal year.

Just one of those things I can't wrap my head around how coaches and players are completely oblivious to it.

John63

Reaction score
cymatica":9ci4bzvj said:
They huddle way too close to the line of scrimmage, allowing defenses to hear the calls. The announcers pointed out that they huddle closer than any other team. I've noticed this all year. Every time I looked this game they were within 5 yards of the LOS, which is a couple yards closer than most teams in a normal year.

Just one of those things I can't wrap my head around how coaches and players are completely oblivious to it.

Actually not all year they stopped after game 5 in the first 5 they were close as well. It works

sutz

Reaction score
That means they're two steps closer to the line when they break the huddle. :mrgreen:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
sutz":1lycvdj1 said:
That means they're two steps closer to the line when they break the huddle. :mrgreen:

And they need those two steps to beat the play clock.

The Breh

Reaction score
Wasn't mentioned until Geno came in.
Anyone confirm Russ was doing this too?

sutz

Reaction score
The Breh":meltzrf8 said:
Yes it was all game. They seem to huddle only about 3-4 yards deep. Most teams huddle 5-7 yards deep.

John63

Reaction score
sutz":369zf4kk said:
The Breh":369zf4kk said:
Yes it was all game. They seem to huddle only about 3-4 yards deep. Most teams huddle 5-7 yards deep.

They also did it all game in games 1-5

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
John63":13lukp3v said:
cymatica":13lukp3v said:

Actually not all year they stopped after game 5 in the first 5 they were close as well. It works

You sure about that? I've noticed it all season and it doesn't make sense why they would stop after game 5 then go back to it. Don't see how it can work to be beneficial for them in any way.

djb28

Reaction score
If they were one more yard away from where they huddle we would run out of time on the play clock!

John63

Reaction score
cymatica":vlluh7cn said:
John63":vlluh7cn said:
cymatica":vlluh7cn said:

You sure about that? I've noticed it all season and it doesn't make sense why they would stop after game 5 then go back to it. Don't see how it can work to be beneficial for them in any way.

Yes I am sure. Yes it is a time thing. It allows for the oline to get there and set quicker and allow for quicker transition of tempo.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I knew there'd be a thread with someone claiming they noticed them doing it all year.

evergreen

Reaction score
They we’re snapping the ball with more than ten seconds on the clock too. Hate seeing that slow time killing reluctance to go.

John63

Reaction score
evergreen":73v7bjut said:
They we’re snapping the ball with more than ten seconds on the clock too. Hate seeing that slow time killing reluctance to go.

exactly that is the tempo thing games 1-5 great, next few games bad, today back to it.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
I just don't buy that huddling 2-3 yards closer helps tempo. I never see teams huddle that close, even when they have 15+ seconds of playcall when they break. You're saving maybe a second.

John63

Reaction score
cymatica":38yp5skn said:
I just don't buy that huddling 2-3 yards closer helps tempo. I never see teams huddle that close, even when they have 15+ seconds of playcall when they break. You're saving maybe a second.

Well you don't have to buy it, the reality is when they do it for whole games they are 6-0.

A second is a long time, the difference between snapping it and a delay of game.

Latest posts