Opposing teams fans posting on .Net

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are some excellent opposing fans, and they bring a lot to the table.
It's the ones that just come in here to troll like Clipped wingy that are a waste of time...…..
The same types that still call the team "Seachickens" :yawn:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":16s70f25 said:
seabowl":16s70f25 said:
Not sure what everyone else thinks and I know it's a free country but it rubs me the wrong way when other teams fans (especially teams the Hawks just lost to) come to .Net to "congratulate" us on a great game or season.

Look I get they're excited about their team winning but IMO it's just bad sportsmanship to say great job when the Hawks lose. Hey I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if they got a second place trophy either.

I say go to your own second rate Commodore 64 board and gloat but not here.

Now I feel better.

As a Niners fan in try my absolute best to be professional. Before during and after games I always say things like great job, congrats or even great game. To me its respect for you and your team.
You’re one of the good ones Kats. If all opposing fans acted like you we’d have zero problems with trolling.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Some of the best posters on this site are opposing fans. I would much rather read an intelligent post from Popeye, Kats, Ptisme, Guido, FalconsFan etc, than another Fire everyone post from Seahawks fans.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Let's try a different angle; Is it the troll's fault for trolling, or your fault for letting someone troll you?

Think about it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd say the ratio of cool fans who we like talking to vs jackasses that come here to gloat or troll is 20 to 1.

So not sure what the complaint is. Isn't that the spirit of good sportsmanship, inviting other fans in to discuss their team, our team, games vs each other, etc?

Personally I like hearing other team's fans perspective on the Hawks, and the league in general. Seems pretty crappy to be just another myopic fanbase that isn't welcoming and friendly to other team's fans.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":12wn7hr5 said:
I like visiting other boards too. I am on 5...here, another hawks board, Packerforum, Saintsreport, and https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum ... e-falcons/. It is interesting to discuss with them what they think about our team and ask questions about their team.

Yeah that board would be the FalconsLife (TATF) forum I am also a member of.

iigakusei":12wn7hr5 said:
Some of the best posters on this site are opposing fans. I would much rather read an intelligent post from Popeye, Kats, Ptisme, Guido, FalconsFan etc, than another Fire everyone post from Seahawks fans.

Hey thanks. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent":12wn7hr5 said:
Personally I like hearing other team's fans perspective on the Hawks, and the league in general. Seems pretty crappy to be just another myopic fanbase that isn't welcoming and friendly to other team's fans.

I thought the Seahawks weren't as good as their record this year and they got as far as I thought they would in the playoffs. In the end though my opinion doesn't really matter because you are what your record says you are.

That being said... they were a lot better than the garbage Falcons. I still haven't figured out how they started 1-7 and finished 7-9. Oh that's right... coaching. The team did a complete 180 after the bye week when Quinn made those changes. It's just unfortunate that it wasn't done prior to the season because I totally expected (as did most) Atlanta to be a playoff team.

Hopefully the Seattle Atlanta game next season will be meaningful in the playoff race.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1861sbrq said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1861sbrq said:
Where do these other posters come from?

I personally don’t know and don’t go searching for other teams boards.

Can our logins work on other sites??

You know what they say, “If you build it, they will come.”

Let them.

Grow some thicker skin.

A little rivalry never hurt anybody.

I agree with a lot of those.

* Grow a thick skin. You need it in life anyway.

* Rivalry is great for sports and even posting boards too.

Lost of fans log on to the 49ersWebzone and debate with us from all around the league. I welcome it and we get some interesting points of view on there. Some different points of view. One of the things I like best about coming on here is the Seahawks are big rivals and I get opposition points of view. Which I actually like and appreciate. I think your board is lively and the debates are fun.

Now I understand that trolls are annoying. We get that too. They usually get banned eventually. But separate out people who just want to talk football and those who are here to shove something in your face. Because it's not the same thing at all. There are different types of people. Some who come here to talk, debate, get other points of view, have a rivalry and those who just want to annoy you. Those are not the same thing at all and much different types.

We have opposing fans on the 49ersWebzone and I always liked and appreciated it. It makes our board better having different points of view. Of course we get it more in big match ups or playoffs as you most likely do here too. But sometimes just a pure echo chamber with everybody seeing things the same way is not great. Some other views here or there or any board make it more lively and interesting IMO.

:)

Seriously.

Life is way harder than losing some football game.

If you’re too sensitive in today’s world, you’ll never get anywhere.

If you can’t handle some trash talk or gloating, it makes me think what can you handle??

A lot of people today and in this especially soft and politically correct environment we live in are boring, no fun people I don’t want to be around.

You have to be able to take criticism and view it as learning from a different point of view.

I may have to check out 49ersWebzone one day.

Rivalries are fun and they do help make you better.

Too many soft pansies easily offended people in the world today.

Have some fun and live a little.

Just my thought.