Options with no Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
1) Just roll with current roster, add Harvin when healthy. (Makes sense, no need to loose a guy on the current roster to fit a player not going to probably be hear after the season)

2) Pick up another WR on a practice squad. (Kind of slim pickings now with so many injuries, Da'Rick Rodgers would of looked really good until Carolina bumped him up to active a while ago and Owusu is now on the active roster with Tampa, along with Rodney Smith and the Vikings.)

3) Lockette the sequel, not a bad choice but Seattle went down that road.

4) Add Helfet as a WR, sure he is a TE officially but used to play WR and getting reps at TE hopefully he can bring some run blocking outside for our running game/Harvin.

What do you guys think?

OrFan

Reaction score
I too think mashed potatoes is a good substitute for rice, goes with just about anything and more filling.

hawk45

Reaction score
bestfightstory":13kb81yk said:
I substitute mashed potatoes. Grits would be another option.

Thanks for that BFS, got a laugh.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm thinking we see Kearse more often. Now at least we can see what we have with him.

Kinda sucks we didn't have Williams on the practice squard. Wonder if Jax would take a 7th for him ?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Hawks46":2qo9gznl said:
I'm thinking we see Kearse more often. Now at least we can see what we have with him.

Kinda sucks we didn't have Williams on the practice squard. Wonder if Jax would take a 7th for him ?

Or Chris Harper, for that matter....

Jville

Reaction score
legend38":1dz0uv97 said:
Kenny Britt??

:229031_confused2: I'm not sure that a newbie with a league low 32% catch rate is the direction Kippy Brown can get excited about at this point in the season. Besides, the trade dead line has come and gone.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Harper I think is on the packers active roster. I say roll with what we got and let's see what Harvin can do. Kearse replaces rice.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Nothing.

Here are Rice's stats

Receptions-Yards-Touchdowns:
Carolina 2-35-0
Whiners 1-13-0
Jacksonville 5-79-2
Houston 1-11-0
Colts 1-8-0
Titans 2-35-0
Cardinals 3-50-0

Outside of the Jag game against the worst team around...he has looked ordinary at best.

Jville

Reaction score
I think Kippy Brown has plenty to work with. Time to do his coaching thing.

beasthawk

Reaction score
I have a hunch Lockette could be activated very soon, he is only a bit shorter than Rice and TALL wr's are important, they are a good bandaid for helping out a long drive. I bet Lockette looks a lot different with RW throwing him the Ball....

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
In the preseason I really liked Arceto Clark but if I remember right he's not really tall. Outside of rice we don't have alot of length with our WR I think. Maybe Lockette has grown up since he last played with us.

BamKam

Reaction score
CortezKennedyfan":6kp3umwr said:
Nothing.

Here are Rice's stats

Receptions-Yards-Touchdowns:
Carolina 2-35-0
Whiners 1-13-0
Jacksonville 5-79-2
Houston 1-11-0
Colts 1-8-0
Titans 2-35-0
Cardinals 3-50-0

Outside of the Jag game against the worst team around...he has looked ordinary at best.

He had a TD vs Cardinals but yea supposedly he hasn't fully recovered from surgery. We could have Calvin Johnson as our #1 reciever right now and it wouldn't matter with the abysmal play of the O Line.

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I know Da'Rick Rodgers is still out there on the Colts practice squad, head case problems aside, 2 week tryout until Harvin has to be added to the active roster... just sayin'.

OrFan

Reaction score
Kearse will fill in for Rice just fine.

Of course we could bring in Lockette, he is very fast after all. Austin is very fast for the Rams, and look how great he was! Oh, wait......

Seaswab

Reaction score
Kearse had a chance to make a big play on 3rd down and blew it

Status
Not open for further replies.