Oregon vs. Arizona

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think Mariota will do okay in the NFL, but not quite as well as RW or Luck.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Personally, I'm worried that Mariota is the kind of QB who needs everything right in order to succeed. He doesn't seem to elevate the team.

Also, this was the Oregon team I expected to see this year, unfortunately. Blandly good with no killer instinct and a lack of fortitude when things don't go well.

Pellum is also horrid. The 3rd and 20 conversion is completely on him. Running stunts and twists and a blitz. It seemed like jailbreak blitzes all day instead of rushing 3. He seems to have no idea how to run a defense.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3d9eqvc3 said:
fenderbender123":3d9eqvc3 said:
I think Mariota will do okay in the NFL, but not quite as well as RW or Luck.

I see Kaepernick pt. 2 without the sulking.

If the word sulking was replaced with the word sucking, we'd be in total agreement.

They both run very well, but Mariota is a better passer than Kaep already and probably 30 IQ points smarter. If I could find a knock on him, it would be his apparent lack of leadership / inability to elevate the team, as alluded to by Sarlacc83.

He's definitely not the demonstrative type, and will have to grow into the role of field general, but IIRC, I think he's just 20 yo. But still, a reason for concern when drafting the franchise, for sure. Ideally, he would sit behind a vet for a year or 2..but we are seeing that less and less in today's demand for instant gratification in today's NFL. I will concede that with what it will cost to get him (if even just the 1st pick), it will be instant QB controversy wherever he goes (if he doesn't start almost immediately). He's a guy to keep an eye on and my expectations obviously higher than most. I don't want him in the NFCW.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Tical21":2n4f29na said:
seahawk2k":2n4f29na said:
Odd night to complain about the uniforms when they are wearing pink for breast cancer awareness.
Back to the actual game, Arizona is shooting themselves in the foot a bit. They were running the ball well on that last drive before the penalty.
I'm not buying that. If they wanted to support breast cancer, they could have worn yellow and green and pink. The breast cancer thing was just a convenient excuse for them to wear the ridiculous uniforms.
I always forget about BC between every October - I'm glad the NFL & NCAA do it.

They should wear blue&yellow every 4th sunday of the month so I remember to pay the power bill.