Oscar Schmidt huge Seahawks fan!

Escamillo

Reaction score
It's one thing to be ignorant of Oscar Schmidt, but it's another to be PROUD of one's ignorance. :lol:
And that's what too many of posts in this thread exhibit. :0190l:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
scutterhawk":awwa3cer said:
TeamoftheCentury":awwa3cer said:
pmedic920":awwa3cer said:
Just a little off season "ball bustin" nobody means any real harm. Lighten up just a little. :)
Most here appreciate the story, even if they pop off.
yeah, thanks. I'm not really bent out of shape about it. Just more checking to see if that's what everyone really means. I've been on .net for awhile. I can generally detect when that is the case. I did go back and try to interpret comments as such. Still, know your audience. The OP is from Brazil (or is at least posting from there?) :Dunno: Is the OPoster in the loop of ball busters that he gets it? If so, my apologies and carry on as you wish.
Really, I just cared to chime in to give props to Schmidt and the OP when it seemed like there wasn't much of that. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over interpretation or misinterpretation, so don't worry about this guy.
How many folks here can read the OP's posting that is in Spanish?
To be honest, I was kind of perturbed when I clicked on the link, and not be able to interpret Schmidt's story, and take on Sherman.
The translate button is there at the top of the page. It's Portuguese.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I sorta knew the dude was Brazilian but couldn't immediately recall if he was a basketball player, Formula I driver, or soccer player.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
His name is Oscar Schmidt and he lived in Brazil...Any info about his parents?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":2w4r19ur said:

I think its no secret what his parents were probably doing from around 1929-35

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2s6i0crx said:
HAWKAMANIA":2s6i0crx said:

I think its no secret what his parents were probably doing from around 1929-35
Ah, an association fallacy based in speculation. That isn't what this thread needed. It only made it worse. If you have real information and feel the need to spill it... go right ahead (and let the mods move this to the political forum.) Otherwise, I think your comments are inappropriate. I would hope that everyone is appalled by what was done in the era you are suggesting. But, was that what this thread was about? Is Schmidt on trial now?

OP
OP
Cirmman

Cirmman

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1mif0e3j said:
TeamoftheCentury":1mif0e3j said:
pmedic920":1mif0e3j said:
Just a little off season "ball bustin" nobody means any real harm. Lighten up just a little. :)
Most here appreciate the story, even if they pop off.
yeah, thanks. I'm not really bent out of shape about it. Just more checking to see if that's what everyone really means. I've been on .net for awhile. I can generally detect when that is the case. I did go back and try to interpret comments as such. Still, know your audience. The OP is from Brazil (or is at least posting from there?) :Dunno: Is the OPoster in the loop of ball busters that he gets it? If so, my apologies and carry on as you wish.
Really, I just cared to chime in to give props to Schmidt and the OP when it seemed like there wasn't much of that. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over interpretation or misinterpretation, so don't worry about this guy.
How many folks here can read the OP's posting that is in Spanish?
To be honest, I was kind of perturbed when I clicked on the link, and not be able to interpret Schmidt's story, and take on Sherman.

Like i said, i saw His interview in a sport channel here. He answered questions about american sports,said Seahawks is His favorite Team, bought the game pass to see the season and love Sherman game style. The link is in portuguese, just post cause have pics with Oscar in the SB Sherman's jersey.

I created the Topic cause it's offseason and is really rare a famous and great player here be a seahawks fan hahaha

Thanks guys! GO HAWKS!

Jayburd14

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3p0xqh9c said:
Jayburd14":3p0xqh9c said:
SacHawk2.0":3p0xqh9c said:
Sports Hernia":3p0xqh9c said:

This
You guys definitely would have hear of him if he would have played in the NBA.

But he didn't...just like we haven't heard of actors who have never made it past local theater.
He was drafted in the NBA and turned it down, that would be like the local theater actor turning down a role in a big time Hollywood blockbuster.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
They used to talk about him all the time in the 80s speculating whether or not he'd come to the states and be in the NBA and despite efforts to lure him in for the better part of a decade he declined the invitation. He dominated everyone in international play including team USA. He was a basketball god.

Could you imagine a top 10 all time NFL talent opting to stay in the CFL?

It's kind of an interesting story but certainly not one for the main .net forum.

JMR

Reaction score
Took me a minute but it clicked with the photo. Cool to see him in a hawks uni.