Our Punter and this game

Highlordb

Reaction score
Jon Ryan was definately the man yesterday....I was amazed on each of his punts....they kept backing up the PR each and every time, you would see him back pedaling...was an awsome site to see.

kidhawk

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":k7jhqm2n said:
I am really glad they unleashed him this year and just let him rip it deep......60+ yards is unbelievable. Most teams are afraid they will out kick their coverage and they are normally right but w/ our speed/skills at gunner (esp Lockette) we got this covered. Add in the placement on those short field punts inside the 10 and that there is an all pro "shutdown" kicker in my book.

Kudos to Ryan for sure.

Lockette is so fast that on one of those booming kicks, he got there just as the ball was getting there but had to avoid the Bronco catching the ball so as not to get an interference call and ended up running past him which allowed him to get a decent run back (might have been the only time they didn't pin them inside the 20). With Lockette's speed at gunner, I'm surprised more teams don't employ a double team and slow him up some. That is one of the main problems with television coverage is they rarely show you the punt team running down field. They move from the kick directly to the returner.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Just another clutch player, and never unnoticed by me. Not taking anything away from Ryan, but Lockette's shape- shifting act impressed me the most. A tightly contested TD catch, scorched earth gunner stops and the very LOB-like, strategic body slam of Talib was the embodiment of how this team is built.

NoTurnUnstoned

Reaction score
hahaha I just had two realizations... with short hair, John Ryan looks like the passenger in the Sonic commercials:

Sonic Drive In Ice Cream Cone Day iSpot

And with long hair he looks like Dave Mustaine from Megadeth:

Dave-Mustaine1.jpg