Out of state Hawk fans, speak up.

CHawk

Reaction score
kmeleon":3nu76ya4 said:
CHawk":3nu76ya4 said:
Allentown PA born and raised was hooked watching Steve Largent and Jim Zorn and then my favorite player Ken Easley, loved that Curt Warner was from Penn State. It was so hard to find hawks gear before internet, I do remember ordering a jersey from a catalog, got my first hat from a swap market. Checked one off the bucket list this year and went to Seattle vs Vikings can't wait to go back 12's are best fans. Always sucked my brother was a Cowboys fan, its good to laugh at him now.

Nice Chawk, I'm in Macungie. Always nice to see a fellow Seahawks fan in the area:)

Anyway, originally born in Anchorage Alaska, been in PA myself since I was 4. Started following the hawks because my Dad was always a fan and it was the closest team to AK. I can remember my grandpa buying me a Largent jersey when I was a little guy. I remember wearing it constantly :D I have no idea what the hell ever happened to it...man I wish I still had it!

Still keeping an eye on SB prices but with the the ticket prices and the BS transportation rules to get into the stadium its looking more and more like I'll watch this one from home. Sucks too becuase I was at Metlife for the amazing 12th man representation this year when they played the Giants. Also been to 2 games at the Clink. 1st game in the new stadium against the Cards back in 2002? And then against the Cards in 2010.

:2: Not far from you Parkland down Cedar Crest :th2thumbs:

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Been a Seattle fan since I moved there in '85. I remember watching Kreig, Warner, and Largent and was immediately hooked. The "Ground Chuck" years. I had a Raider Busters and Mr. Ed shirt (I know you all remember those), lol. Hell, I even remember the Boz song they played on the radio to the tune of "La Bamba". I even recorded it and went around singing it like an idiot! I moved back to Ohio after I got out of the Navy and never stopped reppin' my team.

This championship is long overdue for me as I'm sure it is for a lot of you older fans like me. I grew up a Mariners and Sonics fan (I wasn't living in Seattle and was too young to remember the one Sonics championship). I even witnessed the damn AP poll trying to take away the Huskies championship and tried to give it to Miami. The beautiful city of Seattle and Pacific Northwest as well as the fans scattered all over the world need this championship. Please Pete, RW and company treat this like you'll never get back there and this is your one chance (even though we know it isn't).

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
As a side note, I loved when Joey Galloway was drafted by the Seahawks. I am from the same area as he is (5 miles away from the town I live in). I hoped he would stay his entire career but I'm glad we had some good production out of him during his time here. Everyone back here knew he was something special. Did a lot for his family and his community around here as well.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. I'm an NC State grad who followed JR Sweezy, Steven Hauschika, and of course Russell Wilson to these boards. I did live in Seattle for a while as a Navy brat.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Woodbridge, VA area (in the DC/NOVA area). Born in Portland, OR with most of my family residing in Seattle. I really adopted the team since 1990 (I know terrible time the Flores years) when me and my cousin just started following them real closely. Names like Brian Blades, Grant Feasal and Tommy Kane became a regular part of lexicon from then on. I lived in Seattle for a while in the early 90's but was stationed in Europe for a number of years after joining the Army. Living in Europe was tough having to stay up till like 2 am to watch games but, none the less, I kept up the passion. I was born in Portland but consider Seattle my home due to spending an inordinate amount of time there throughout my life.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Scottsdale AZ by way of Brea CA. Been digging the Seahawks since beginning but really jumped on board in early 80's. Loved their unis, style of play and heart. Went to my 1st game in Seattle in 93'. A win over Pittsburgh. Been back up to the new stadium 4 times since. No one can call a Seahawk fan a fair weather fan with all we've been through but it sure is sweet these days. Here's to avenging 05' with a SB victory in 14'

JonRud

Reaction score
Lived in NJ my whole life. Started following the Hawks around 1985 because they had cool helmets and I liked Largent. Back in those days I saw maybe 1 or 2 games a year, followed the scores on the '10 Minute Ticker' and subscribed to 'Inside The Seahawks'. My parents would let me stay up until midnight if the Hawks were on MNF, otherwise I saw them if they played the Jets or Giants and not much else.

Since 1995 I have watched every Seahawks game except one [Falcons game end of 2002 season].

I have been to 17 or 18 games in Seattle since 1998 and road games in NJ, New England, Toronto & San Diego.

In the 2012 and 2013 seasons the Hawks are 5-0 when I attend the game. I will be at the Super Bowl and if I can push that to 6-0 it will really be the greatest night of my life (and many other people on here as well).

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Born and raised in the PNW.
Have lived and worked on land and sea around the world.
Live in Orlando, FL.

Go Hawks!!!

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Oroville, California. Butte County. Not the one in Okanogan County, Washington. And, yes, I've been there, too.

Lots of niner fans here...probably ex-raider fans, until the 9ers suck and the raiders are good again.
HEY! It could happen.....

VB Hawk

Reaction score
Been a Seahawk fan since 1983 , lurking this fan site since 1999.

Representing the Seahawks in Melbourne Australia since buying my first Steve Largent jersey in '84.

tyshawkfan

Reaction score
Knoxville , TN.... Grew up on south hill been a diehard since mid 90's. I rep the hawks all over the country my suitcase and flight bag are decked out in Hawks stuff.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Good thread Seahwkgal ,
You know me somewhat and we aren't far apart ..Anyway I came to South Bend,IN from Vashon Island,Wa
in the early 80's..Been a Hawk fan since the 1st day..Mariners too..The Sonics(rip) I have taken so much
crap for being a fan over the years but hey..Not so much anymore :lol: The thing here is the Colts or Bears.
I like the Colts and I saw more than enough of Peyton Manning..Hate he has to play for the Donkeys..The Cubs/Sox are big here..Bulls/Pacers..Blackhawks..I sure hope Seattle gets a NHL team I will take up hockey then :D ..Even though I'm no longer in Washington...It's still home in my heart..People don't understand but if they lived there it wouldn't take long to see..All they think is rain but this freaking snow/polar air is ok???Not to mention the horrible hot summers..I miss the fishing in the sound and Mt Rainier..Go Hawks!!!

halps80

Reaction score
CHawk":1frjc2sv said:
Allentown PA born and raised was hooked watching Steve Largent and Jim Zorn and then my favorite player Ken Easley, loved that Curt Warner was from Penn State. It was so hard to find hawks gear before internet, I do remember ordering a jersey from a catalog, got my first hat from a swap market. Checked one off the bucket list this year and went to Seattle vs Vikings can't wait to go back 12's are best fans. Always sucked my brother was a Cowboys fan, its good to laugh at him now.

Where are you watching the game? I'm hosting a party in orefield.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Born and raised east of Seattle. displaced since 1994.

Twin Cities, Minnesota

chiltech500

Reaction score
Another Allentown PA area fan here. I live in Wind Gap. I see Macungie, Allentown and Orefield on this page alone!

Fan only since pre-season 2012 when I watched the hawks and RW and said " I really like this team" and decided to make it mine. I took a hiatus from following the NFL for several years and then over the 10 years prior to 2012 just watched games - I enjoyed the Packers and Rogers, New England and Brady ,Colts and Manning and San Diego and Rivers. Never was an Eagles or Steelers fan. Always hated the Cowboys. Lived out west 20 years but grew up and returned to the east (bit of a mistake, now have grandkids and can't leave).

Based on the past I'm a fan of an action offense and liked what RW was doing before the "slump" ... my opinion as to what's been going on the last 7 games or so with him Look at that Atlanta playoff game last year, and yes we've been without Sidney Rice. If we can get the O going Sunday and put some heat on Manning - we'll win for sure.

fan4life

Reaction score
Another Badger (Bevell, DangeRuss, Maragos, Schofield) bandwagon fan from Wisconsin, here. A local sportscaster said it best the other day (as did Don Banks in his article in SI), "A lot of Badgers will be rooting for the Seahawk's QB Russell Wilson to win the SB on Sunday. People loved him when he played at Wisconsin and his fans followed him to the NFL...."
Good Luck Badgers smaller