Shut up when on offense please

cymatica

Reaction score
I can’t imagine any fan of any team supporting or wanting to do something that may negatively impact their favorite team.

The same loud noise that affects the other team (as we are so proud of) can and does effect our team if done at the wrong/inappropriate time.

Everyone absolutely has the right to “fan” as they see fit but only an ignorant fan would “fan” in a way that may hurt their team.

If your team players are asking you to quiet down, you’re having a negative impact.

It’s all just common sense, and should be common courtesy.

The OP shouldn’t have to say what he said but he’s absolutely correct.

You paid for your ticket, fan however you see fit. Know that you may not be helping your team however.
There's a big difference between a Seahawk chant on offense and screaming at the top of your lungs on defense.

pmedic920

Reaction score
There's a big difference between a Seahawk chant on offense and screaming at the top of your lungs on defense.
My point is, if whatever it is is negatively affecting your team STFU.

Mob mentality plays a role here, it only takes a few chanting sea……Hawks before it gets pretty loud.

As I said up thread, everyone has the right to fan however they see fit.
Excessive noise while my team is on offense isn’t my way (least til the ball is snapped).

You do you, enjoy the game.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Dude you sound like a Karen at a football game. If a Seahawk chant screws up the offense, which somehow deals with road games, then they need get better. It's not like they're screaming at the top of their lungs like on defense.

I can only imagine going to the game with some buddies, having a few beers and having fun, just to have some Karen dude lecture us about us being too loud at a freaking football game.

And you sound like the person this thread was intended for back in JANUARY. Not sure why it got bumped, but my point stands.

Be quiet when the team is on offense. Get loud on defense. Very simple

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I don't thinks so. No one's talking about the crowd screaming their lungs out at max volume like when on defense. That would be bad and make it harder for the offense to communicate at the LOS...

But a SEA...HAWKS.... chant by a few fans scattered around the stadium isn't something I think any player would say is hindering their communication.

I could be wrong 🤷🏽‍♂️, but I bet most of you didn't think a defensive player would ever say the crowd noise at home wasn't helping them and actually hindering them until Nwosu spoke about that recently...
Earl Thomas had similar complaints. However I'm not sure why Nwosu is complaining when the Panthers had 8 false start penalties, most of which attributed to crowd noise.

Looking back at my OP from January it sounds like someone peed in my cerreal. Thankfully the new medication I'm on has helped with some of my issues.

Regardless, we're the best fans in the league and I guess I was trying to make a point for some of the new fans. Idk

Hybrid

Reaction score
I, for one, love the "SEA-HAWKS" chant; but there is a time and place for it and it is not at home when we are on offense.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I, for one, love the "SEA-HAWKS" chant; but there is a time and place for it and it is not at home when we are on offense.
For sure! During TV timeouts, change of possessions, etc. Especially on prime time it's freaking electric!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I remember laughing at other teams cheering on offense, and screwing up their ability to audible or hear line calls.

Used to be it was wild with cheering, until the Hawks got to the line - then it got dead silent, until you heard the crowd roar at the snap.
Even back in the freaking Kingdome.

Always made fun of the other teams' fans that made all this noise making it hard for their team to audible.
Now our fans do it.
That Seahawks chant while we are on offense is just proof we have more morons/casuals than shrewd football fans vs before.

To be fair, we're winning more now than then. We needed the extra help then. Still annoying to hear it though.

chris98251

Reaction score
My favorite part of Hawk fans at the game: The quiet when they are losing.

I’d been warned by Rams fans that I was unprepared for how loud Hawk fans are. I’d say you all are loud, but not louder than Eagles fans at home.

When the game shifted tho, the loud STOPPED.
Yeah but our game had very little emotional strings going on, both teams looked very umm mechanical in their play and then the Rams got those big plays to the WR's. There was defensive cheering at first, then more completions and Stafford ordering take out in the pocket most could tell it wasn't going to be our day.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Yeah but our game had very little emotional strings going on, both teams looked very umm mechanical in their play and then the Rams got those big plays to the WR's. There was defensive cheering at first, then more completions and Stafford ordering take out in the pocket most could tell it wasn't going to be our day.

It was a beautiful day of football.

And more. Wonderful day.

We all know that game doesn’t define either team.