Pac to Big

Anajimmc

Reaction score
2024 USC & UCLA leacing the PAC for the Big 10. My entire life it's been USC then Pac-10/12, then whoever else. This is surreal.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Good, it's about time this shit Conference dies off. After both L.A. schools leave Washington and Oregon will be in the Big 10 soon after, Stanford too. The rest of the Pac 12 is worthless and will be gobbled up by the Big 12

RiverDog

Reaction score
The Pac-12 hasn't been a relevant conference in the two high profile sports, football and men's basketball, for several decades, so the move shouldn't come as a big surprise. But they're destroying the character of college sports and, indeed, college life itself. It's no longer an amateur sport with a regional identity. The Big 10 conference will now stretch some 2500 miles, from Rutgers in New Jersey to the USC and UCLA in southern California.

W

Welshers

Yep I agree with what others have said. It's a shit conference and should die.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
The Pac-12 hasn't been a relevant conference in the two high profile sports, football and men's basketball, for several decades, so the move shouldn't come as a big surprise. But they're destroying the character of college sports and, indeed, college life itself. It's no longer an amateur sport with a regional identity. The Big 10 conference will now stretch some 2500 miles, from Rutgers in New Jersey to the USC and UCLA in southern California.

It was never an amateur sport, the NCAA killed itself by not treating the players right

sdog1981

Reaction score
NCAA football and basketball are in this strange semi-pro stage when they are pretending they are not a semi-pro league. My thought is the B1G Ten and the SEC will hoover up all the valuable teams and form their own NFL/NBA style NIL leagues.

RiverDog

Reaction score
NCAA football and basketball are in this strange semi-pro stage when they are pretending they are not a semi-pro league. My thought is the B1G Ten and the SEC will hoover up all the valuable teams and form their own NFL/NBA style NIL leagues.
Yep. We'll end up with two super conferences.

The only chance that I can see of the Pac 12 surviving this crisis is if they could poach Oklahoma and Texas from the Big 12. Otherwise, there's no way they're going to hold onto Cal and Stanford, and without those two, Washington and Oregon would have to leave as well. In 5 years, the conference could go the way of the old SWC and simply implode, with WSU and OSU joining the Mountain West, where they're a better fit anyway, and Arizona and ASU returning to the WAC.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Lots of rumors of Notre Dame and UO joining the Big.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
UW and Oregon are contingent on ND accepting the Big 10 bid, I expect Stanford to fill out that and the 20 team Big 10 will be complete. When the ACC loses out on ND they'll get picked apart by the SEC and Big 10

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yep. We'll end up with two super conferences.

The only chance that I can see of the Pac 12 surviving this crisis is if they could poach Oklahoma and Texas from the Big 12.
Uhhhh what? Texas and Oklahoma are going to the SEC, that's what started all of this.

RiverDog

Reaction score

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that, but I'm not sure that I'd blame them for USC and UCLA bolting the Pac-12.
UCLA's athletic department is over 100 million in debt. They had to move.