Packers Next Coach Possibilities

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Maulbert":1uqc1zjs said:
Generally, just want to know from Bevell haters.... if Bevell were to leave, who would you want to replace him? Serious question. I'm wondering who might replace him.

Some potential OC prospects who some day may want to be the head coach of your Seattle Seahawks may include: Lane Kiffen, Ed Warriner, Paul Chryst, Norv Turner, Bret Beliema.
Some have similar offensive pholosophies to PC and some who may want to coach Russell Wilson to a title.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":14vrog8y said:
Maulbert":14vrog8y said:
Generally, just want to know from Bevell haters.... if Bevell were to leave, who would you want to replace him? Serious question. I'm wondering who might replace him.

Some potential OC prospects who some day may want to be the head coach of your Seattle Seahawks may include: Lane Kiffen, Ed Warriner, Paul Chryst, Norv Turner, Bret Beliema.
Some have similar offensive pholosophies to PC and some who may want to coach Russell Wilson to a title.

Why Brett Bielema? Just because he coached Russ in college? Played defensive line in college, spent 6 years as a linebacker coach and 4 years as a defensive coordinator before becoming a head coach. That's the opposite of an offensive resume.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Norv Turner is an interesting possibility. I've never liked him as a head coach but people around the league seem to think a lot of him as an OC. He probably has a run first mentality that PC would like, though I'm not sure he brings spread experience that I think the offense needs.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3m6114ir said:
Russ Willstrong":3m6114ir said:
Maulbert":3m6114ir said:

Why Brett Bielema? Just because he coached Russ in college? Played defensive line in college, spent 6 years as a linebacker coach and 4 years as a defensive coordinator before becoming a head coach. That's the opposite of an offensive resume.
You are right. I recalled him wanting an NFL coaching job with Wilson as his qb. I recalled him calling plays in 2012 but forgot he is a defensive minded coach.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2u7uicc5 said:
1. Bevell was a Favre buddy/qb coach before Rodgers took the over at qb . (Old regime)
2. Bevell then became coordinator of their most hated rival the vikings.
3. Bevell then reunited with his nemesis Brett Favre in 2010 to beat the packers in heartbreak fashion.
4. Bevell is now OC of the Seahawks, who is a team as hated by Packer nation as the vikings are.

IMO Aaron Rodgers might have a more difficult time accepting Bevell after being on opposing sides (on and off the field) for so long. Keep in mind also that Bevell is just 14 years older than Rodgers with no head coaching experience.

It's fun to talk about Bevell going to Green Bay, but they're not hiring Darrell Bevell.

Jobs like Green Bay don't come available very often, there would be many coaches interested in taking over a team with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

I could see Josh McDaniels taking that job in seconds.

Threedee

Reaction score
If we're going to take college coaches, why not Ed Orgeron? Players at both USC and LSU seem to love playing for him.