Painful to hear Bevell be "excited about the last game...."

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3c2x8kn0 said:
Hawkfan77":3c2x8kn0 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3c2x8kn0 said:
Just reviewed the presser. The full quote being:

"Excited about the last game, you know, and being able to get the win. Obviously on offense it was a little bit of a struggle..."

So the excited part is referencing getting the win. Immediately followed was a concession that the offense is poo.
Ridiculous garbage from the OP...way to conveniently leave out half the sentence and completely ignore the context of his statement. You hate bevell? Fine, just stop making crap up.

Man this board seems to hit a new low too often
Always appreciate your level-headedness Hawkfan. I want to ask you one other thing too. Yes, the ending of SB 49 left all of our heads spinning, but upon reflection, don't you think it gets lost in the shuffle of the Hawks even making it there in the first place? I think the appreciation gets downplayed too much and, hey, that's a great accomplishment! Our team was better than 30 other teams in the NFL! That's only happened 3 times in this franchise's history. I know it's not all bandwagon fans on here, but I just feel many posters display a sense of entitlement and expect instant gratification every game ... Hell, every play! It's competition and it's going to be a struggle. That's what makes it fun. Overcoming those struggles is what made the payoff of 49 so very enjoyable. But this breed of fan almost insists that the very essence of those struggles should be bypassed for an easier route from point A to B. I see that as very unrealistic. Thoughts?

The issue is not the achievement but how we make the path for ourselves much harder, We can take a freeway at 60 miles an hour or we can go off road and encounter boulders, trees, water obstacles, and mechanical breakdowns due to the terrain, crawling to our goal at 5 or 10 miles an hour with a higher chance of breakdown along the way.

Seems that our offense takes that road not the freeway.

That's what is frustrating for so many, that's why heads are called for, that's why you see so many Bevell, Cable, and O Line threads.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":ohuh67pp said:
Attyla the Hawk":ohuh67pp said:
Just reviewed the presser. The full quote being:

"Excited about the last game, you know, and being able to get the win. Obviously on offense it was a little bit of a struggle..."

So the excited part is referencing getting the win. Immediately followed was a concession that the offense is poo.
Ridiculous garbage from the OP...way to conveniently leave out half the sentence and completely ignore the context of his statement. You hate bevell? Fine, just stop making crap up.

I look forward to tomorrows fun.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2m9rjthl said:
Hawkfan77":2m9rjthl said:
Attyla the Hawk":2m9rjthl said:

Always appreciate your level-headedness Hawkfan. I want to ask you one other thing too. Yes, the ending of SB 49 left all of our heads spinning, but upon reflection, don't you think it gets lost in the shuffle of the Hawks even making it there in the first place? I think the appreciation gets downplayed too much and, hey, that's a great accomplishment! Our team was better than 30 other teams in the NFL! That's only happened 3 times in this franchise's history. I know it's not all bandwagon fans on here, but I just feel many posters display a sense of entitlement and expect instant gratification every game ... Hell, every play! It's competition and it's going to be a struggle. That's what makes it fun. Overcoming those struggles is what made the payoff of 49 so very enjoyable. But this breed of fan almost insists that the very essence of those struggles should be bypassed for an easier route from point A to B. I see that as very unrealistic. Thoughts?

The issue is not the achievement but how we make the path for ourselves much harder, We can take a freeway at 60 miles an hour or we can go off road and encounter boulders, trees, water obstacles, and mechanical breakdowns due to the terrain, crawling to our goal at 5 or 10 miles an hour with a higher chance of breakdown along the way.

That's what is frustrating for so many, that's why heads are called for, that's why you see so many Bevell, Cable, and O Line threads.[/quote]
And it's much to do about nothing. We've been this way before and the coaches have a track record of pulling things through. For fans who can't handle a little heat, I'd tell them to get the heck out of the kitchen. The struggle is what makes the payoff more enjoyable.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":39p5lbmj said:
Siouxhawk":39p5lbmj said:
Hawkfan77":39p5lbmj said:
Attyla the Hawk":39p5lbmj said:

That's what is frustrating for so many, that's why heads are called for, that's why you see so many Bevell, Cable, and O Line threads.
And it's much to do about nothing. We've been this way before and the coaches have a track record of pulling things through. For fans who can't handle a little heat, I'd tell them to get the heck out of the kitchen. The struggle is what makes the payoff more enjoyable.[/quote]

I think the OL play will show gradual improvement this season and this will lead to an increase in points scored. We will then hear less about Bevell on this site. There won't be a lot of people saying he's doing a good job when that time comes. I think it will be interesting to see what we do offensively as this season unfolds. I am excited about this offense actually. I guess people can make a post about how ridiculous it is that I am saying that.

AVL

Reaction score
It's a shame we can' weave these threads into some kind of belt to hold the line together.

I just hope Wilson stays away from the skyline chili.