Painful to hear Bevell be "excited about the last game...."

FormerEvil

Reaction score
themunn":35sbznds said:
jammerhawk":35sbznds said:
Noticed any recent adjustments to punish edge blitzes recently? Thought not.

Pretty sure I read Russell went a perfect 7/7 against the blitz in his last game, so... yeah?
It's the pressure with 4 men fronts that are the problem.
Can't blame Bevell if 5 men can't beat 4

Except all those times he took the sack or coughed up a fumble. Sure he was 7/7.. When he was actually able (or chose) to throw the ball.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
We need one big compiled Bevell-Hate thread in order that we can free up the space for all the O-Line Sucks and Lynch=Malingerer and Wilson Is Indecisive and Coleman Is Too Deaf beauts.

It'd be akin to those 251-page Webzone threads, but at least it'd be concise.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jammerhawk":67fj6c7z said:
el capitan":67fj6c7z said:
chris98251":67fj6c7z said:
theENGLISHseahawk":67fj6c7z said:
Another needless Bevell-bashing thread.

Yeah he runs a great offense, all those sacks are on Wilson, all the non throws to Graham because the sun was in his eyes, all the 200 yd rushing games we could have had becasue our RB's are saving themselves for the playoffs, all the points left on the fieild because we wanted to motivate the defense and special teams to score more.

Isn't the O-line and Run game Tom Cable's department?

Seems to me that all of the above can be attributed more to failings on his part than that of Bevell.

The OC is in charge of the scheme which never seems to change up much to adjust to the realities of the weak OLine play or the increasing number of blitzes RW is facing.

I agree however that Cable needs to 'own' some of grumbling over weak OLine play and at times totally ineffective run blocking.
Thread winner right there! :th2thumbs:

bbsplitter

Reaction score
He's happy because he has learned he doesn't even have to try anymore. Call the most generic, uninspired play in the history of play books and Russell will simply will a positive play into existence. No need to actually scheme or use individual match ups or anything of the sort.

Treghc

Reaction score
jammerhawk":8jm3r75t said:
el capitan":8jm3r75t said:
chris98251":8jm3r75t said:
theENGLISHseahawk":8jm3r75t said:

Yeah he runs a great offense, all those sacks are on Wilson, all the non throws to Graham because the sun was in his eyes, all the 200 yd rushing games we could have had becasue our RB's are saving themselves for the playoffs, all the points left on the fieild because we wanted to motivate the defense and special teams to score more.

Seems to me that all of the above can be attributed more to failings on his part than that of Bevell.

The OC is in charge of the scheme which never seems to change up much to adjust to the realities of the weak OLine play or the increasing number of blitzes RW is facing.

I agree however that Cable needs to 'own' some of grumbling over weak OLine play and at times totally ineffective run blocking.

Coverage adjustments are going on to Wilson now. Wilson needs to be able to recognize such blitzes and call for them. Thing is, he's rarely ever had to deal with them before, so I don't expect him to recognize them anyways. That is all aside from the fact that CB blitzes are hard to see coming anyways.

Bevel has actually been calling decent games for the past two weeks. It's the piss-poor pass protection and run blocking that's been 90% of the issue lately. That lies on performance and knowing how to handle the defensive scheme. Those two areas lie on multiple people. Scheming only does so much. You have to execute. It's really been the lack of execution that's thwarted our offense.

People need to remember that these new O-linemen need some time and experience under their belt before they start performing well. A lot of first timers on the o-line right now. Can't expect perfection. They absolutely need to get better, but the expectations of the many in this forum are completely outrageous. The go-to is "fire Bevell" which is, quite frankly, BS. We could have the best play caller in history and we'd still have crap offense because of an o-line that isn't executing. I guarantee you that, with a competent o-line, Seattle is a top 5 offense. We've been top 10 (per DVOA) the past couple of years. What has changed to make us so bad this year? The O-Line.

el capitan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2tjrkaq6 said:
el capitan":2tjrkaq6 said:
chris98251":2tjrkaq6 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2tjrkaq6 said:

So how do you scheme for this...

https://vine.co/v/e22OUWFtWHK

or this...

https://vine.co/v/e2QIFderbMr

or this...

https://vine.co/v/e2Qv7HY1zIV
(hat-tip English)

Bevell didn't draft Justin Britt in the 2nd round.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
And Bevell is excited to see if he can go 5 wide with his fullbacks all the damn time from now on.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2qq70cig said:
And Bevell is excited to see if he can go 5 wide with his fullbacks all the damn time from now on.
Imagine that poor corner as Tuku stares him down :shock:

joeseahawks

Reaction score
How do our coaches watch these tapes and continue to let this go on?
We really cannot find a guy off the street who can do better than this?

I'm starting to believe, we don't even try hard enough. Justin Brit was drafted in the second round. It is his second year

There was another one of these gifs on bleacher report, which was even more devastating, where two linemen actually did collide (Britt and Novak) , while the Lions were chasing our RB. Just embarrassing.

Not sure, if this will show properly:
Here
el capitan":3lid5pni said:
So how do you scheme for this...
https://vine.co/v/e22OUWFtWHK
or this...
https://vine.co/v/e2QIFderbMr
or this...
https://vine.co/v/e2Qv7HY1zIV
(hat-tip English)
Bevell didn't draft Justin Britt in the 2nd round.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qasmwg7 said:
You forgot to mention that this will happen on pretty much every third and one or two.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1u1sc8r6 said:
Just reviewed the presser. The full quote being:

"Excited about the last game, you know, and being able to get the win. Obviously on offense it was a little bit of a struggle..."

So the excited part is referencing getting the win. Immediately followed was a concession that the offense is poo.

Hey man, we don't need context. The torches and pitchforks are already out. What else are people going to do with them ?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":wuem49u2 said:
Attyla the Hawk":wuem49u2 said:

"Excited about the last game, you know, and being able to get the win. Obviously on offense it was a little bit of a struggle..."

So the excited part is referencing getting the win. Immediately followed was a concession that the offense is poo.

Hey man, we don't need context. The torches and pitchforks are already out. What else are people going to do with them ?
Nah, there's only a few people who really don't understand the kind of game that the Hawks play that rail on our offensive coordinator. He's one of the best in the league, so we're all good. Just look to the last two years as proof.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":285rwbm3 said:

I think that Bevell is looking for anything positive that can be useful in the scheme of play design.
It's absurd to draw a conclusion that he's content with the overall play.
Sometimes it's those little things that can be polished up and used to his advantage. (and sometimes looks like he's trying to polish a turd)......Hello Cable.
If the O-Line were up to the tasks, Bevell's game plans would likely find a lot more success, but right now, there's some folks around here that are being totally unrealistic with expectations of him play calling around the inept play of the Offensive Line.
There are no shortcuts, and no compensation for inexperience, ESPECIALLY in the NFL, it's trial by fire.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":32xd4ysn said:

Ridiculous garbage from the OP...way to conveniently leave out half the sentence and completely ignore the context of his statement. You hate bevell? Fine, just stop making crap up.

Man this board seems to hit a new low too often

rideaducati

Reaction score
It seems to take Bevell a minimum of four weeks each year to finally make changes that help his sputtering offsense. I think this is the week he starts implementing things that will actually make the offense productive. The dominant Seahawks show up and the long winning streak started last week.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1m3ncv6c said:
Attyla the Hawk":1m3ncv6c said:

Ridiculous garbage from the OP...way to conveniently leave out half the sentence and completely ignore the context of his statement. You hate bevell? Fine, just stop making crap up.

Man this board seems to hit a new low too often
Always appreciate your level-headedness Hawkfan. I want to ask you one other thing too. Yes, the ending of SB 49 left all of our heads spinning, but upon reflection, don't you think it gets lost in the shuffle of the Hawks even making it there in the first place? I think the appreciation gets downplayed too much and, hey, that's a great accomplishment! Our team was better than 30 other teams in the NFL! That's only happened 3 times in this franchise's history. I know it's not all bandwagon fans on here, but I just feel many posters display a sense of entitlement and expect instant gratification every game ... Hell, every play! It's competition and it's going to be a struggle. That's what makes it fun. Overcoming those struggles is what made the payoff of 49 so very enjoyable. But this breed of fan almost insists that the very essence of those struggles should be bypassed for an easier route from point A to B. I see that as very unrealistic. Thoughts?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rideaducati":2jftbdc5 said:
It seems to take Bevell a minimum of four weeks each year to finally make changes that help his sputtering offsense. I think this is the week he starts implementing things that will actually make the offense productive. The dominant Seahawks show up and the long winning streak started last week.

Get that Desmo firing on both jugs...Vrooooom! Too much to ask I suppose.

Latest posts