Panthers vs Broncos

kearly

Reaction score
A lot of people on their high horse lately regarding the hits Newton took. When you leave the pocket, the refs may consider you a runner and once that distinction is made, you lose the protective helmet to helmet rules that QBs enjoy.

As an aside, Newton also did a very poor job of protecting his body throughout the game and paid a price for it. He should have learned from Andrew Luck last year - even QBs built like tanks can still wear down and get hurt if they expose themselves to too many hits.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Dilfer who I rarely agree with on the radio today, said if he doesn't change his ways he will have a shortened career. I agree with that. The book is out how to beat him, hit him hard, and often.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yytac32 said:
Dilfer who I rarely agree with on the radio today, said if he doesn't change his ways he will have a shortened career. I agree with that. The book is out how to beat him, hit him hard, and often.

Hmmm...make him pout hard and often....got it now. LOL

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I was watching Okung perform and I wanted to cry. We are really going to miss him this year and it pisses me off that Denver gets him healthy, unlike us. I am so worried about the O Line, especially the LT. It's going to get Russ killed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ctrcat":2rlfsbiz said:
ivotuk":2rlfsbiz said:
Remember this "roughing the passer"?

[youtube]49sNHgahFAI[/youtube]

Got nothing on this Hardy vs Palmer

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... er-injured

Obviously as a Panther fan I'm livid, as Anderson (in 2014) has received a roughing the passer penalty since Cam http://www.businessinsider.com/roughing ... ton-2016-9
I can understand why you are pissed, but thanks for keeping your cool here about it.
It is appreciated. :2thumbs:

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ Ha no problem. I know this is the last place to come for sympathy but it's also nice to see a variety of viewpoints as well here!

2_0_6

Reaction score
kearly":2q5e0wic said:
A lot of people on their high horse lately regarding the hits Newton took. When you leave the pocket, the refs may consider you a runner and once that distinction is made, you lose the protective helmet to helmet rules that QBs enjoy.

As an aside, Newton also did a very poor job of protecting his body throughout the game and paid a price for it. He should have learned from Andrew Luck last year - even QBs built like tanks can still wear down and get hurt if they expose themselves to too many hits.

Exactly.

How many times have we all seen Cam run outside the pocket, lower his head and lay the wood on a defender and get the best of him? If your going to run, and look to be the bully then prepare to get molly whopped sometimes.

The hit he took on the grounding call was BS and the defender should be fined, but the runs outside the pocket he becomes just like a running back. This is why I love Russell and his "stealing second base slide".

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1w4hxax3 said:
kearly":1w4hxax3 said:

Exactly.

How many times have we all seen Cam run outside the pocket, lower his head and lay the wood on a defender and get the best of him? If your going to run, and look to be the bully then prepare to get molly whopped sometimes.

The hit he took on the grounding call was BS and the defender should be fined, but the runs outside the pocket he becomes just like a running back. This is why I love Russell and his "stealing second base slide".

Of course he was well outside of the pocket there too and looked like Stewart was going for a shoulder hit, but Cam's head went down to Stewart's level.

253hawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1la4ctex said:
I was watching Okung perform and I wanted to cry. We are really going to miss him this year and it pisses me off that Denver gets him healthy, unlike us. I am so worried about the O Line, especially the LT. It's going to get Russ killed.

And he didn't have a single penalty all night! WHAT THE HELL?! :cussing:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":37bfdx6t said:

Like Michael Vick? And/or T-Jack? Both of them always took the hard hits, and paid the price.

NINEster

Reaction score
RedAlice":a0a4b0xk said:
Smellyman":a0a4b0xk said:
NINEster":a0a4b0xk said:
minormillikin":a0a4b0xk said:
I don't really want the Broncos to go back to the Super Bowl, because I'd prefer the Seahawks beat a different team. Steelers would be great, Patriots, or a different team.

Not sure the Seahawks want to rematch the Broncos so soon.

Missed the strong Broncos by a season (2014).

2018 in Denver if this defense is still nasty.....

Yeah, the Seahawks only faced them when they had the best offense in NFL history.

Good point. Don't wait around for a Niner fan to admit that though.

Both of you missed the point. Leave it to a Rams and Seahawks fan to do that as it suits them. :2thumbs:

The Seahawks beat up on a great offense and then held on to win a tough game the following year against a lesser offense but better defense.

Broncos manage to win Super Bowl with QB play that was pretty poor. They beat Brady and Cam in back to back weeks with sick defense. It was underrated because they probably didn't have a million turnovers or a blowout score, but it was impressive for those who knew what to look for.

Yeah, I'll say it:

Wilson and that Seahawk offense would have done very little against the Broncos last year, esp. in the Super Bowl if they could have made it that far.

Maybe the Seahawk defense plays better than the Panther's defense. Wilson would still get taken down a lot. Cam was embarrassed, and Wilson wouldn't have done a whole lot better if any.

Beating up the best Bronco offense means squat. 2015 Broncos vs. 2015 Seahawks played ten times is better for the Broncos than the 2013 teams going head to head ten times.

Fact.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":1y88x7mw said:
RedAlice":1y88x7mw said:
Smellyman":1y88x7mw said:
NINEster":1y88x7mw said:
I don't really want the Broncos to go back to the Super Bowl, because I'd prefer the Seahawks beat a different team. Steelers would be great, Patriots, or a different team.

Yeah, the Seahawks only faced them when they had the best offense in NFL history.

Both of you missed the point. Leave it to a Rams and Seahawks fan to do that as it suits them. :2thumbs:

The Seahawks beat up on a great offense and then held on to win a tough game the following year against a lesser offense but better defense.

Broncos manage to win Super Bowl with QB play that was pretty poor. They beat Brady and Cam in back to back weeks with sick defense. It was underrated because they probably didn't have a million turnovers or a blowout score, but it was impressive for those who knew what to look for.

Yeah, I'll say it:

Wilson and that Seahawk offense would have done very little against the Broncos last year, esp. in the Super Bowl if they could have made it that far.

Maybe the Seahawk defense plays better than the Panther's defense. Wilson would still get taken down a lot. Cam was embarrassed, and Wilson wouldn't have done a whole lot better if any.

Beating up the best Bronco offense means squat. 2015 Broncos vs. 2015 Seahawks played ten times is better for the Broncos than the 2013 teams going head to head ten times.

Fact.
Your bias is clearly showing in that post. Opinion doesn't always = fact......
We get it, you think Wilson and Seattle are overrated, which is opinion. Most of us just happen to disagree. 8)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2atutpx8 said:
RedAlice":2atutpx8 said:
Smellyman":2atutpx8 said:
NINEster":2atutpx8 said:

Yeah, I'll say it:

Fact.
We get it, you think Wilson and Seattle are overrated, which is opinion. Most of us just happen to disagree. 8)[/quote]

Opinion doesn't always = fact......

That is what most NFL fans call a Niner Fact or a Webzone fact.

To the rest of the world it is known as opinion but on Niner boards it gets repeated over and over and eventually becomes a quotable fact because they read it somewhere.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Think I have ninester narrowed down to two people from the Webzone. Wonder if I'm right...

JumpmanXhawk

Reaction score
[/quote]

Yeah, I'll say it:

Fact.[/quote]
We get it, you think Wilson and Seattle are overrated, which is opinion. Most of us just happen to disagree. 8)[/quote]
Can we stop being bias, that Broncos defense made arguably the greatest qb ever and the reigning MVP both look awful. As much as we love Russ he wouldn't have faired better. An our oline is probably worse than Tom and Cams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
:179422:
JumpmanXhawk":19odgtro said:

Yeah, I'll say it:

Fact.
We get it, you think Wilson and Seattle are overrated, which is opinion. Most of us just happen to disagree. 8)
Can we stop being bias, that Broncos defense made arguably the greatest qb ever and the reigning MVP both look awful. As much as we love Russ he wouldn't have faired better. An our oline is probably worse than Tom and Cams.
That's your opinion. Some of us disagree, and that's ok.

BTW, Welcome to .net. :)

Latest posts