Broncos fire sale?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
All ifs buts and maybes but I always thought that when RW3 joined the Seahawks he was a talented young QB who was willing to learn and would have had success with most other teams. It was only about 5 years later that he started thinking he knew it all became very difficult to coach both in terms of having him play within his skill set and in terms of preventing him being a toxic influence on the team. One of his biggest strengths was his ability to evade tackles and extend the play (which was necessary due to taking too long to go through his reads) and as he gets older his abilty to do this is declining.
I think if he had gone elsewhere he would probably have done really well during his rookie contract got a big fat extension and go steeply downhill immediately after.
I don’t think Wilson was ever that QB. Wilson gave the appearance that he was willing to learn and was a hard worker. In the end, you will know them by their fruits.

Wilson did not progress very much from college. He still struggles to read basic coverages, and offenses lead by him were always boom and bust in nature. He relied on his athletic abilities to foster a unique style that never evolved.

His decline started when his mobility no longer had to be schemed around. Wilson is still mobile, but he no longer has the ability to stop and start on a dime. Young Wilson’s mobility and physical talents were HOF tier despite his height.

Wilson’s career arc is very much so reminding me of Donovan McNabb. Once his mobility went, he went downhill quickly.

In the end, Wilson’s hubris cost him. He never developed his game. Wilson never was playing football, he was playing his own game. It just so happens that he was talented enough to do so.

I’m sad, I called Wilson’s faults years ago but was blinded after the 2015 season. I used to be one of his biggest detractors and I walked that back. I think he fooled all of us.