Parrish Cox waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pete and John must have just felt dirty having this scumbag on the team.

Seriously though, why did they even sign him if Shead was just going to take his place? They already know what Shead looks like on the practice field, so this is very strange.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ggnwe66 said:
Seriously though, why did they even sign him if Shead was just going to take his place? They already know what Shead looks like on the practice field, so this is very strange.

Davis Hsu was speculating that another team may have been looking to pluck Shead off of the practice squad and that Seattle had to move him now. Since they obviously hadn't made a decision on what to do with Browner yet, dumping Cox was the only real option if they wanted to keep Shead from getting signed to another team's roster.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1rheyofn said:
HawkFan72":1rheyofn said:

Davis Hsu was speculating that another team may have been looking to pluck Shead off of the practice squad and that Seattle had to move him now. Since they obviously hadn't made a decision on what to do with Browner yet, dumping Cox was the only real option if they wanted to keep Shead from getting signed to another team's roster.

But wouldn't that be Shead's decision to sign with another team? Teams cannot just "pluck" PS players from a team like waivers - they have to sign with another team. Unless a team was willing to pay Shead more than the minimum (of which the Seahawks were already paying Shead), does not make sense

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1xqpew05 said:
Odd. Knowing they had Shead, why even sign Cox?

I'm thinking it was the uncertainty of Winfield. To me this says Winfield will be signed soon, that they signed Cox not knowing if/when WInfield would be ready, and perhaps over the last 24 hours they've reached a deal in principal and so they no longer need Cox.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Oh thank god. I truly want to love all Seahawks, but with that guy's back story it was going to be tough. Now I hope he falls down some stairs so we don't get tempted to sign hijm again...

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Here's hoping Browner's suspension becomes entangled in the legal process and no suspension occurs until AFTER he has played in the Super Bowl.

He put himself in a bad spot and I feel for him.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think it is fairly safe to say that nobody around here likes Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.