Pats Pick Play got flagged twice vs Bills, refs now aware?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2gdasq7v said:
That post was merely to point out the hypocrisy of Seahawks fans who witnessed their team ride uncalled defensive penalties to a Super Bowl, whilst claiming the NFL is in on a penalty conspiracy in favor of every team Seahawks fans don't like. The following season, the NFL made it a point of emphasis to call it, but not until Seattle won a Super Bowl.

:sarcasm_on: Perhaps conspiracy? :sarcasm_off: :stirthepot:
If I recall correctly, they actually CHANGED THE RULE.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":rxo9tsb4 said:
5_Golden_Rings":rxo9tsb4 said:
That post was merely to point out the hypocrisy of Seahawks fans who witnessed their team ride uncalled defensive penalties to a Super Bowl, whilst claiming the NFL is in on a penalty conspiracy in favor of every team Seahawks fans don't like. The following season, the NFL made it a point of emphasis to call it, but not until Seattle won a Super Bowl.

:sarcasm_on: Perhaps conspiracy? :sarcasm_off: :stirthepot:
If I recall correctly, they actually CHANGED THE RULE.
Did they? I thought they just made it a point of emphasis.

EDIT - no they added jersey pulls to the penalty for any defensive player. Otherwise, based on what I'm reading, it appears just to be a new emphasis on the penalty. But the article I have isn't official, it's second hand.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nanomoz":2y6vd8rz said:
Popeyejones":2y6vd8rz said:
The Seahawks run a ton of pick plays.

The Nick Bellore TD last week was a designed pick play.

I don't think you guys actually want the NFL to start enforcing the rules on pick plays.

TBF 9ers fans don't either.

Every fanbase wants their team to get away with pick plays while they're being up in arms about their opponents getting away with them too. It's another example of how fans are overwhelmingly full of crap when they complain about officiating.

Nothing about the Bellore TD was remotely a pick play. It was a complete isolation. You're making $h!t up. That is, unless you consider Bellore chipping a defender himself before breaking off in a route a pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... t-TD-of-19
Popeye caught in a lie, LMAO. Can’t wait for the paragraphs of spin to follow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1kfl9qvg said:
nanomoz":1kfl9qvg said:
Popeyejones":1kfl9qvg said:

I don't think you guys actually want the NFL to start enforcing the rules on pick plays.

Every fanbase wants their team to get away with pick plays while they're being up in arms about their opponents getting away with them too. It's another example of how fans are overwhelmingly full of crap when they complain about officiating.

Nothing about the Bellore TD was remotely a pick play. It was a complete isolation. You're making $h!t up. That is, unless you consider Bellore chipping a defender himself before breaking off in a route a pick.

I said DESIGNED as a pick play.

It looks like Zeke Turner messed up his coverage rules on the play (why Zeke and Jordan Hicks end up doubling Luke Wilson and then Hicks pulls off because that's obviously not the play design), but even if he didn't, the play is designed with the expectation that Zeke Turner will be going with Bellore out to the flat which is why instead of running a route or ever turning for the ball Malik Turner just runs right at Zeke Turner and then doesn't know what to do when Zeke Turner carries Luke Wilson up field.

It's clearer from the All 22 but even on that first angle you can see that Malik Turner isn't actually running a route and is just going 80% speed to where he's expecting Zeke Turner to be to create the rub point (if it was a clear out he'd be full speed -- clear outs are always full speed whereas picks and rubs usually aren't because you're adjusting the route to disrupt and don't want a full speed collision, which will get called) and keeping the cut right past the goal line, not angling in to the endzone at Zeke Turner).

I hope you can understand that we can legitimately disagree on the play design without me "making sh!t up." :roll:

Or if you're objecting to the fact that the Seahawks, like every team in the NFL, runs pick plays, just say that so I can know it's not even worth engaging in the convo. :lol:
.....and he proves me right. LOL. Predictable AF.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2ytp2y72 said:
Sports Hernia":2ytp2y72 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2ytp2y72 said:
Sports Hernia":2ytp2y72 said:
So while they got flagged for it twice it means they likely got away with it 8 times.
Like the 2013 Seahawks and defensive holding.
Now your team gets away with frequent defensive holding and not a peep out of you.
Lol what? Sherman is called all the time, and on crucial downs.

Sherman is like you guys, though. He thinks it’s a conspiracy: (this is about PI, not holding though; he’s called for holding more than anyone else on the team)

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... -penalties

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/11/19/ ... guru-says/

I guess it’s a Seahawk thing, this conspiracy stuff. Can’t fully remove the Seattle from Sherman.
Bull Shit!
He gets away for it much more than he is called for it. ....As he did in Seattle.
You guys bitched about him getting away with it when with Seattle, but have no problem with his play as a Niner.
Hypocrites.

cymatica

Reaction score
Popeyejones":162h53yv said:

There is a difference between legal and illegal pick plays, just so ya know

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ippus7a1 said:
5_Golden_Rings":ippus7a1 said:
Sports Hernia":ippus7a1 said:
5_Golden_Rings":ippus7a1 said:
Like the 2013 Seahawks and defensive holding.
Now your team gets away with frequent defensive holding and not a peep out of you.
Lol what? Sherman is called all the time, and on crucial downs.

Sherman is like you guys, though. He thinks it’s a conspiracy: (this is about PI, not holding though; he’s called for holding more than anyone else on the team)

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... -penalties

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/11/19/ ... guru-says/

I guess it’s a Seahawk thing, this conspiracy stuff. Can’t fully remove the Seattle from Sherman.
Bull $h!t!
He gets away for it much more than he is called for it. ....As he did in Seattle.
You guys b!@ch about him getting away with it when with Seattle, but have no problem with his play as a Niner.
Hypocrites.
Nice sneaky goal post moving. So go quote me complaining about him getting away with it in 2013 in the same way you guys constantly spout about a conspiracy theory against the Seahawks by the ref damn near every game. I won't hold my breath.

BTW I hope he gets away with ten penalties Sunday night just to watch you rage. :snack:

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xb6qfi8t said:
nanomoz":xb6qfi8t said:
Popeyejones":xb6qfi8t said:

Popeye said it was (he believes) DESIGNED as a pick play, but also later acknowledged that in fact, the way it played out, there was no pick that actually occurred on that Bellore TD. I'm not seeing anything that qualifies as an actual "LIE" there...

I thought that Bellore TD was one of the better-designed plays the Seahawks have run. THAT should have been the SB49 call at the 1 if Carroll wanted a pass play against a Heavy defensive personnel group.

It looked like TE Jacob Hollister also broke open on the play, coming across from L to R, in case Bellore was well covered.

Both NE pick plays that got flagged vs Buffalo were quite apparent. They obstructed a defender from switching over to defend or tackle the receiver. I was just so happy to see the Cheatriots actually get flagged on that stuff.

cymatica

Reaction score
olyfan63":2tpi3e9x said:
Sports Hernia":2tpi3e9x said:
nanomoz":2tpi3e9x said:
Popeyejones":2tpi3e9x said:

Popeye said it was (he believes) DESIGNED as a pick play, but also later acknowledged that in fact, the way it played out, there was no pick that actually occurred on that Bellore TD. I'm not seeing anything that qualifies as an actual "LIE" there...

I thought that Bellore TD was one of the better-designed plays the Seahawks have run. THAT should have been the SB49 call at the 1 if Carroll wanted a pass play against a Heavy defensive personnel group.

It looked like TE Jacob Hollister also broke open on the play, coming across from L to R, in case Bellore was well covered.

Both NE pick plays that got flagged vs Buffalo were quite apparent. They obstructed a defender from switching over to defend or tackle the receiver. I was just so happy to see the Cheatriots actually get flagged on that stuff.

Which is funny because he made that point in comparison to illegal pick plays. The point was completely moot. He was just trying to swing a jab in based on a hypothetical.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
cymatica":328m220c said:
olyfan63":328m220c said:
Sports Hernia":328m220c said:
nanomoz":328m220c said:

Which is funny because he made that point in comparison to illegal pick plays. The point was completely moot. He was just trying to swing a jab in based on a hypothetical.
Yep, so much this.
It’s called “clever trolling”.