Paul Allen has died

DJrmb

Reaction score
I thought some of the response from players was cool. Sorry if any of these are repeats:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1051991074225283072[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bhofheimer_espn/status/1051968708162281472[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mosesbread72/status/1051970570458411008[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MoneyLynch/status/1051965137467260928[/tweet]

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
I am sure this has already been mentioned, but I am very happy that the Seahawks sent him out on a winning note.

HawkerD

Reaction score
He had an amazing life albeit short by today's standards. His vision touches us every second of every day. Great owner, especially when compared to the ego maniacs all around the league. They should build a statue of him outside the clink memorializing the guy who saved pro football in Seattle. RIP.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":16i1at0w said:
timmat":16i1at0w said:
I was lucky enough to briefly meet Mr. Allen on a few occasions, and tell him thank you. I'm glad I had that opportunity. I think of all the great moments I've shared with family and friends because of his actions with the Seahawks, and other endeavors.

I'd love to see a life-sized bronze statue of him holding up the Lombardi inside the stadium - maybe the North entrance walkway area in front of the steps. I'm sure the organization will come up with a fitting tribute of some kind.

He made our world a better place.

Ring of Honor, and Hall of Fame. I'd like us to follow in the Bears and Lions footsteps and make PGA a permanent sleeve patch. He saved football in the Northwest. He deserves no less.

I like that idea, but the current sleeves are set up kind of goofy for it. What if the initials were on the "wing" on the right side where Seahawks is on the left?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1udrk9qo said:
Maulbert":1udrk9qo said:
timmat":1udrk9qo said:
I was lucky enough to briefly meet Mr. Allen on a few occasions, and tell him thank you. I'm glad I had that opportunity. I think of all the great moments I've shared with family and friends because of his actions with the Seahawks, and other endeavors.

I'd love to see a life-sized bronze statue of him holding up the Lombardi inside the stadium - maybe the North entrance walkway area in front of the steps. I'm sure the organization will come up with a fitting tribute of some kind.

He made our world a better place.

Ring of Honor, and Hall of Fame. I'd like us to follow in the Bears and Lions footsteps and make PGA a permanent sleeve patch. He saved football in the Northwest. He deserves no less.

I like that idea, but the current sleeves are set up kind of goofy for it. What if the initials were on the "wing" on the right side where Seahawks is on the left?

I can get behind that.

irocdave

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3kjswndz said:
https://www.seahawks.com/video/moment-in-time-seattle-seahawks-allen-era-20-year-anniversary-193431

If you have 20 minutes to spare please watch this great piece down a year ago on Paul Allen saving the team.

Thank you for posting, I hope everyone who posts on this site watch it. We lost a very special person when Paul passed. Even if your not a sports fan. If you dont know, dig a little deeper, Paul Allen was a true American hero, and he did his best to make sure the PNW benefited from his greatness.

Name another person who has done as much for Seattle since WW2. We have streets named after founders of the city, the entire south lake union area should have some reference to Paul Allen. That area was a crime ridden dump before Paul and his development company Vulcan started turning it in to the west coast hub for tech. I still recall people bitching about driving out homeless people and tiny businesses. He gave the COS an option after he purchased most of the property to take it over only if the made it a park, similar to Central Park in NY. The city told him no, and would only take the property if he paid for the upkeep. He turned it in to what it is now, with Amazon and Google.

RIP Paul Allen. Thank You for being you.

chris98251

Reaction score
irocdave":ymfmqp4y said:
Blitzer88":ymfmqp4y said:
https://www.seahawks.com/video/moment-in-time-seattle-seahawks-allen-era-20-year-anniversary-193431

If you have 20 minutes to spare please watch this great piece down a year ago on Paul Allen saving the team.

Thank you for posting, I hope everyone who posts on this site watch it. We lost a very special person when Paul passed. Even if your not a sports fan. If you dont know, dig a little deeper, Paul Allen was a true American hero, and he did his best to make sure the PNW benefited from his greatness.

Name another person who has done as much for Seattle since WW2. We have streets named after founders of the city, the entire south lake union area should have some reference to Paul Allen. That area was a crime ridden dump before Paul and his development company Vulcan started turning it in to the west coast hub for tech. I still recall people bitching about driving out homeless people and tiny businesses. He gave the COS an option after he purchased most of the property to take it over only if the made it a park, similar to Central Park in NY. The city told him no, and would only take the property if he paid for the upkeep. He turned it in to what it is now, with Amazon and Google.

RIP Paul Allen. Thank You for being you.

Yes once again the Council shows their wisdom. I think this is the only city that will throw away Billions to get themselves elected.

NINEster

Reaction score
What a legend.

His contributions to the world via his philanthropy were outstanding. Being a DOS/PC homer, I have to say thanks for making that happen with Gates.

And as much as the rivalry has gotten heated the last few years, I'm happy that the Seahawks were able to get a rightful owner that was able to get the team to 3 super bowls and finally win one. Every team deserves its day in the sun.

RIP.

acer1240

Reaction score
NINEster":2h19entg said:
What a legend.

His contributions to the world via his philanthropy were outstanding. Being a DOS/PC homer, I have to say thanks for making that happen with Gates.

And as much as the rivalry has gotten heated the last few years, I'm happy that the Seahawks were able to get a rightful owner that was able to get the team to 3 super bowls and finally win one. Every team deserves its day in the sun.

RIP.

You are a class act.

This one hit me hard. I don't know what to say that has not already been said...
Thank you Mr. Allen. I love you.
May you rest in peace.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":2asfs85c said:
UK_Seahawk":2asfs85c said:
Not long woken up and was just checking out NFL.com and it said "Paul Allen had a major impact as Seahawks owner" and I'm like that's a nice story and then it was WAIT? WHAT?

No words yet. Absolutely thrown by this.

Yes, me too. It was about 8:30AM Tuesday here when I heard the news on the radio. I've been in glum disbelief all day. There was a very short mention of his passing on the evening TV news (Seahawks not mentioned).

Like someone has already said here - I have never felt so saddened by the passing of someone I didn't know.

Vale, Mr Seahawk (and so very much more).

It’s very odd when someone we have never met passes and we feel it.

Paul Allen meant a lot to so many people he never met. A true man that affected his world more than he could ever know.

Sorry for your loss my Hawk fan friends.

A tremendous example of humanity.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1g1s5gko said:

Thank you! I watched it on the Seahawks' official website yesterday, and it is indeed a must-watch for all of us.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
To NINEster and RedAlice, thank you for your messages. Sometimes the things which unite us exceed those which divide us (absolutely including our mutually fierce rivalry).