Paul Richardson to request over $7 million per year

adeltaY

Reaction score
JGreen79":1uwnc1x5 said:
$7 mil next year will put him just below Marvin Jones and Kenny Britt, and just above Muhammad Sanu and Robert Woods

Wow Kenny Britt got that much? Browns smh

nanomoz

Reaction score
Lots of comp picks coming in 2019 draft.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
we could really use those picks to and I know theyd rather have picks than avg players so they could retain a few more players and get a couple free agents that other teams positions are stacked at
With JG's red zone production I think you actually need to keep him which might not be possible but btwn letting joekel go and Let ed lacy walk and Avril probably retiring and whatever happens to Bennett , if you trade sherm you may be able to keep Sheldon and jimmy and get a compensatory
There seems to be more options this year than in many passed
With the right moves this could reopen our window by a few years
The pats would've traded sherm last year and still go
Who knows what could happen
Tons of possibility's

:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

ducks41468

Reaction score
I'd be open to keeping him. If we let both him and Jimmy go (which I think is highly likely given his cost and lack of production outside the goal line), then we're left with Lockett/Darboh/Moore/etc as our main pass-catching options behind Baldwin, and that's just going to exacerbate the issues we have on offense.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
4-5 mil per year. He is worth more than Kearse but less that Tate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mrt144

Reaction score
Yet another tweener that isn't good enough to keep at those prices but helps bridge the gap between one good to great player in the position group and everyone else being raw and green.

I am underwhelmed by the contributions of every other WR on the team bar Baldwin, so if Richardson isn't kept it looks like we're going to have one dime in ADB and then a steep drop off into the unknown.

Jville

Reaction score
Who cares about some speculative article that can spout off with what ever it chooses. :229031_shrug: A season review is a prerequisite for preparations for any future negotiations.

Edit: One aspect that I will offer up is that comparing Amara Darboh or David Moore at this stage in their careers to Paul Richardson is a huge stretch. Not at all applicable.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
That's more than Tate wanted when they let him walk. The only thing dummer than letting Tate go would be paying PRich over 4.5 and I personally wouldn't pay him a dime it's time to get more physical players at that position.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I don't know why no love for Paul, the guy has bailed our butts out over and over again this season, with some amazing plays. I would hope that the Seahawks would step up to the plate and do everything in their power to keep him in our lineup.

Let's take a look at what we are paying Graham, Doug, Tyler, and ask ourselves why he shouldn't be getting near as much as any of them are. If I'm not mistaken, this season, he's out performed just about all of them except for maybe Doug, in terms of catches and total yards earned. I'd have to do some homework before I could say how he measured up on the number of touchdowns scored.

This isn't a knock on Jimmy's and Tyler's values to the team as much as it is a reality check for all of them. Richardson has done a great job for us this year and deserves to be in the mix for our future.

Paul's aggressive, sure handed, high jumping catches, have saved our butts repeatedly this season. His leaving Seattle would be a very big loss for us. 2018 is gonna be a tough one for the home office to sort out payday wise, with lots of veterans looking for fresh contracts and real money, and we are going to have to make some tough choices.

Where I see real problems, is concerning signed contracts, with players who through no fault of their own, are all but dead weight going forward, with injuries preventing them from playing. We also have players who were handed hefty contracts based on projected production, that just never materialized, and no evidence that would suggest that they are ever going to justify what they were contracted for.

I won't pretend to be a GM, I'd hate to have to make some of the tough choices that have to be made this year, but that goes with the job. I've been the corporate hatchet man before, you just have to go in and do what you gotta do, and don't blink until its over and the bleeding is done. Have yourself a good cry, and try to figure out how to make things work with whatever you have left.

Fortunately The Seahawks have a phenomenal scouting team, who are busy finding us new diamonds in the rough to work with each season. When they arrive in Emerald City, they are brought before the Great and Powerful Oz, or Pete Carroll, if you prefer, where they are granted a brain, a heart and some courage, after which they are are expected to go out to do battle against all our adversaries, and proudly represent all of us loyal Munchkin 12th Men and Women lol.

Go Seahawks!

Fade

Reaction score
$7M is a steal if you knew he could stay healthy, but unfortunately I don't think that will be the case. You have to let him walk, roll with the young receivers, and explore options on a stop gap vet for a much lower price.

I won't be surprised if he gets $8-9M APY on the open market.

hawker84

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3h0qr2p3 said:
I'd rather keep him and let Lockett walk next year (as we can't keep both). I haven't seen any evidence yet that Lockett will ever return to his former speed.

or return ability. was thinking the same thing....

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Here is the guy the Seahawks need to consider replacing Paul Richardson with & he won't cost $7-Million.

WR-Cedrick Wilson, Boise St., 6016/188, 4.49/40 +/-, #129-overall, proj. Rd-4 @ nfldraftscout 12/30/17.
2017: 14-games, 83-rec. 1511-yds, 17.57-ypc, 7-TD's, + 16/430/0, 25.88-avg. KO ret.
2016: 13-games, 56-rec. 1129-yds, 20.16-ypc,11-TD's, + 10/132/0, 13.2/avg. punt ret, 13/277/0, 21.31/avg, KO ret.
See also: : https://www.fanragsports.com/boise-stat ... e-talking/
:smilingalien:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
P "feather" rich is fast. Makes tough catches because he can't hold a line in his routes so he doesn't have a choice be to make them really dramatic.

Outside of that he offers nothing. Good riddance.

peppersjap

Reaction score
pacific101":1i3gi0a6 said:
I don't know why no love for Paul, the guy has bailed our butts out over and over again this season, with some amazing plays. I would hope that the Seahawks would step up to the plate and do everything in their power to keep him in our lineup.

Let's take a look at what we are paying Graham, Doug, Tyler, and ask ourselves why he shouldn't be getting near as much as any of them are. If I'm not mistaken, this season, he's out performed just about all of them except for maybe Doug, in terms of catches and total yards earned. I'd have to do some homework before I could say how he measured up on the number of touchdowns scored.

This isn't a knock on Jimmy's and Tyler's values to the team as much as it is a reality check for all of them. Richardson has done a great job for us this year and deserves to be in the mix for our future.

Paul's aggressive, sure handed, high jumping catches, have saved our butts repeatedly this season. His leaving Seattle would be a very big loss for us. 2018 is gonna be a tough one for the home office to sort out payday wise, with lots of veterans looking for fresh contracts and real money, and we are going to have to make some tough choices.

Where I see real problems, is concerning signed contracts, with players who through no fault of their own, are all but dead weight going forward, with injuries preventing them from playing. We also have players who were handed hefty contracts based on projected production, that just never materialized, and no evidence that would suggest that they are ever going to justify what they were contracted for.

I won't pretend to be a GM, I'd hate to have to make some of the tough choices that have to be made this year, but that goes with the job. I've been the corporate hatchet man before, you just have to go in and do what you gotta do, and don't blink until its over and the bleeding is done. Have yourself a good cry, and try to figure out how to make things work with whatever you have left.

Fortunately The Seahawks have a phenomenal scouting team, who are busy finding us new diamonds in the rough to work with each season. When they arrive in Emerald City, they are brought before the Great and Powerful Oz, or Pete Carroll, if you prefer, where they are granted a brain, a heart and some courage, after which they are are expected to go out to do battle against all our adversaries, and proudly represent all of us loyal Munchkin 12th Men and Women lol.

Go Seahawks!
I took a look and Tyler Lockett makes around $830,000 and Richardson makes around $1.06 million so he is already valued higher than him because he was a higher draft pick. I love what Richardson has done this year and if it was for more than a year of him staying healthy I would say sign him but it is too risky to throw 7 million towards him. I just wish they would emphasize getting a big wide out in here, someone 6'03 or taller and not McEvoy.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Missed one game over the past two seasons since coming back from major injury. Also missed one regular season game in 2014. So aside from the one season where he missed 15 games, he's missed two games in the other three. Just an observation.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Darboh is 6'2 219 and plays like it. Moore is still a bigtime sleeper with some runner skills at that same size as well. Both players are both big and fast.

Also, I called Richardson feather not because of injuries the last two years or lack there of. He's a feather because he gets pushed off his routes like one and also blocks like one. Either way, Richardson is holding up players with better upside. There's no reason to even spend 3 mil on Richardson.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Dead serious too. 3 million could have changed our kicker situation this year, which could have gotten us 2 more wins. Does Richardson get you two more wins? A damn kicker does.

Time to start being smart about skill position money, including TE (Jimmy). Invest in OL better this time, without the tall skinny ballerina OL, and we'll have holes to fill on D probably. We have a top WR, a top TE, and according to some here, a top #2 WR supposedly and the pass game still looks like diarrhea.