Paul Richardson to request over $7 million per year

907Hawk

Reaction score
The Hawks have carried P-Rich for 3 years with very little production, until he gets to his contract year where he kind of breaks out. 7 Million per year, I dont think so.

massari

Reaction score
Going all in on Le'Veon Bell and/or an OL >>>> Graham and Richardson.

Would also rather take a chance on the injury plagued Tyler Eifert over Graham if he passes a physical. Eifert's a real TE.

Fade

Reaction score
adeltaY":1gwiink4 said:
Missed one game over the past two seasons since coming back from major injury. Also missed one regular season game in 2014. So aside from the one season where he missed 15 games, he's missed two games in the other three. Just an observation.

Yes, because he was the #4 behind Baldwin, Kearse, & Lockett. Hard to get hurt when you're hardly on the field.

This is his 1st year being the starting X the whole year. He got hurt in the pre-season, and I surmise he has been playing through some other injuries, but it is a contract year for him so you know how that goes.

getnasty

Reaction score
I like Prich and 7 million sounds about right as far as the money goes but I'm letting him walk, taking my comp pick and drafting a new WR to compete with Darboh.

original poster

Reaction score
Richardson’s replacement is already on the team, I bet he steps up massively next year.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm letting him and Jimmy walk and throwing
Money at Allen Robinson.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, he can ask for anything he wants. Seems unlikely the team would go that high. That might just be a negotiating stance, but we'll see. At least, I suspect the team might let him test the market, in which case he'll probably find a team willing to pay that much.

Would love to keep him, but reality will probably see him moving on.

crosfam

Reaction score
News Years prediction: We will pass - then he signs with the Pats (or worse - Rams) for half that and tears up the league.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how he does on a team that actually knows how to play offence. He doesn't even see many targets here so hard to judge his worth but he seems to have a knack of going up and getting the ball...unlike Jimmy. He will walk and the niners could just pay him.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I don’t even want him on the team. This is the type of player you simply do not use precious cap space on. Let someone else pay him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Who cares wachutu wachutu. He's already losing reps to the two rooks. Either vet min or bust. There sre much more important places to spend that money. Again, we the bigtime wr, the TE, and yada yada. Still looks like shit. Richardson doesn't affect the game enough to warrant more than the min.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I'd pay him whatever --- because we simply don't have anyone else who's close to where prich is right now.

No way Darboh, McEvoy, Boykin, or any other project is ready to step in and take prich's place. We've already lost Kearse, so the idea of just having 2 legit WRs is crazy.

The draft is unlikely to yield another stud who can step in immediately -- especially when we have other more pressing needs. And a GM that likes to turn draft day into his own personal day trading experience.

$7 mill may sound like a lot, until you have WRs that repeatedly drop passes, run the wrong routes, or fail to secure the ball at a critical moment.