Paul Richardson

endzorn

Reaction score
I really like this kid and I hope he continues to grow. I feel like he has a lot more savvy than he's given credit for. He also sucks as a returner.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":okg8z8nc said:
I really like this kid and I hope he continues to grow. I feel like he has a lot more savvy than he's given credit for. He also sucks as a returner.

Aint that the truth.

Coming out I expected all speed with little polish. Instead we've seen a very polished and effortless route runner, not relying on speed. That bodes well for his future, truly.

He must make hay with those long, in-traffic throws in practice. Or else there's no reason to keep trying those.

He's further along than Tate was at a similar point.

CANHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3rxb9l7j said:

He seems *significantly* further along than Tate was at this point in his rookie year. IIRC Tate had only just started being active for games on a regular basis at this point. I think PRich is going to be a big time contributor to this team.

pehawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":3azlnw5r said:
pehawk":3azlnw5r said:

He seems *significantly* further along than Tate was at this point in his rookie year. IIRC Tate had only just started being active for games on a regular basis at this point. I think PRich is going to be a big time contributor to this team.

I hope he's smart and only sleeps with BJ Daniels girl (assuming BJ's straight and "BJ" isn't just a nickname).

Sac

Reaction score
I'm guessing next year BPR will start at flanker.

Norwood will start at split end.

Baldwin will be in the slot.

Hendo66

Reaction score
P Rich is coming on. I hope they keep going to him. This team needs a play maker badly.

kmedic

Reaction score
I just hope he forever takes a knee on kickoff returns. He's one of the worst KO returners that I have seen in a long time.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kmedic":3i2afn9g said:
I just hope he forever takes a knee on kickoff returns. He's one of the worst KO returners that I have seen in a long time.

I agree he needs to learn to take a knee better, and he did about 5 yards deep yesterday. However, there was one where he caught it running forward about 2 yards deep and there were three guys on him before he got to the 10. That's on the other 10 guys.

Threedee

Reaction score
Who should be kick returner, though? Kearse and Turbin both sucked at it. Baldwin is too slow. That pretty much leaves Chris Matthews and Ricardo Lockette. Either one would be interesting to see get a hack at it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
As I commented in the last praise Richardson thread he also has serious springs. I'd be curious what his vertical leap is. Guess I'll try and google it.

38 inches. 3 inches more than Golden Tate. And interestingly they're the same height, but Golden has him by about 10 pounds.

SC

253hawk

Reaction score
Threedee":q8j7be5n said:
Who should be kick returner, though? Kearse and Turbin both sucked at it. Baldwin is too slow. That pretty much leaves Chris Matthews and Ricardo Lockette. Either one would be interesting to see get a hack at it.

I seem to recall Baldwin having a pretty decent return in the NFCCG and he had a 105 yard TD against Denver during the preseason in his rookie year. You don't need speed if there's lanes created by the blocking, and for whatever reason our blocking just hasn't been very good this year as evidenced by EVERYONE doing poorly on returns.

GFang

Reaction score
I'd like to add my congratulations to P-Rich for his 1st career TD!!! Dude has been clutch these past 2 games. Great to see he's grown enough for Wilson to show increased confidence in him. We're going need him and all the other WRs for the final 5 games this season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1qrp2tv3 said:
He's been playing well, but I still don't see anything special from him.

Another solid appearance though.
He doesn't have body control on contested deep balls, but I am stunned by his other skills. 3 catches yesterday. One he grabs from behind him, one he hags onto even though Eric Reid tried to rip his head off, and the touchdown was in traffic too. I thought all three were special.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
253hawk":3i75y2d8 said:
Threedee":3i75y2d8 said:

I seem to recall Baldwin having a pretty decent return in the NFCCG and he had a 105 yard TD against Denver during the preseason in his rookie year. You don't need speed if there's lanes created by the blocking, and for whatever reason our blocking just hasn't been very good this year as evidenced by EVERYONE doing poorly on returns.

He had a good return against Arizona as well, I believe. His speed isn't blinding, but the vision to spot an opening is a bigger deal than a player's 40 time.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3okuom9d said:
253hawk":3okuom9d said:
Threedee":3okuom9d said:

He had a good return against Arizona as well, I believe. His speed isn't blinding, but the vision to spot an opening is a bigger deal than a player's 40 time.
He also fumbled a kickoff away and lost the gig, IIRC.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seems pretty bad to take away a job based on a single fumble, since fumbles do happen to everyone sometimes. But yeah I think that your recollection is right.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3op0g1af said:
I'm guessing next year BPR will start at flanker.

Norwood will start at split end.

Baldwin will be in the slot.

If Richardson and Norwood keep progressing, and get full reps in OTA's and TC, that could be a sneaky good WR corps.

Throw in a big body from the draft, or maybe see Mathews develop, and we would be a hard team to beat coupled with our run game.

The thing I've liked the best about Richardson so far is his toughness. He is a VERY willing downfield blocker, and he's pretty effective at it. He's not afraid to mix it up, and took a huge hit from Reid and got right back up. Those are the hits that had all of us worried that he couldn't take. I also like on one of his catches he had nowhere to go at the end of his run and knocked the db backwards at the tackle.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I don't really get why they made Norwood inactive, just so they could Matthews time on special teams. I think Norwood has been developing nicely with the playing time he's been getting I would rather see him play than Matthews on ST's. I want the rookies to continue to get playing time, both are natural catchers / route runners.