PC finally being honest

John63

Reaction score
Pete Carroll on how much Seahawks miss Russell Wilson. “I’ve been here a long time and if we didn’t have Russell I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time.”

LegendKiller

Reaction score
That’s why we’re hoping that with Wilson unavailable to bail Pete out, the franchise can finally get rid of Carroll sooner than later. It finally shows that Carroll is the problem and not Wilson.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":2ex6hkgk said:
That’s why we’re hoping that with Wilson unavailable to bail Pete out, the franchise can finally get rid of Carroll sooner than later. It finally shows that Carroll is the problem and not Wilson.

Yup and it seems alot of people are seeing it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":1idovfwr said:
DangeRussHawk":1idovfwr said:

Derp. Just like Bill was the issue and not Tom. Am i doing this right?

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":34ay2e88 said:
John63":34ay2e88 said:
DangeRussHawk":34ay2e88 said:

Hm did bill admit he would not still be in NE without Brady? PC did about Wilson.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
John63":1l5xn4qk said:
Shanegotyou11":1l5xn4qk said:
John63":1l5xn4qk said:
DangeRussHawk":1l5xn4qk said:

Hm did bill admit he would not still be in NE without Brady? PC did about Wilson.

Also as an fyi during his time in Ne he missed 19 games. Ne went 13-6 in those games. Meanwhile Wilson has missed 2 games and we are 0-2.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":1f7u27wz said:
Shanegotyou11":1f7u27wz said:

Also as an fyi during his time in Ne he missed 19 games. Ne went 13-6 in those games. Meanwhile Wilson has missed 2 games and we are 0-2.

I already answered you.

Again AFC east sucked donkey for 17 years. They all had sub .500 records minus NE. If Pete took a top D like he had before and bill had during that time, he would have a 13 and 6 record.

Lets not forget that Pete has more playoff appearances and wins in the playoffs without Russ then Bill does without Brady.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm not ready to say that Pete is 100% of the problem but whoever made the decision to trade our future for Jamal Adams and yet our defense continues to suck, that was a franchise changing failure.

WE MAY NEVER KNOW IF IT WAS ALL PETE WANTING JAMAL ADAMS AND SCHNEIDER WAS LIKE "PETE THIS IS NOT A WISE DECISION, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!". What if they were both on board and excited about that trade???

That being said, our defense played easily well enough to win tonight including even Jamal Adams.

It's just unfortunate we are in such a tough Division that even making a Wildcard Spot with our remaining schedule including (Green Bay, Rams, Cardinals)...

We might be in a situation (even if we turn it around) where we miss the Wild Card spot by 1 game to a team with an easier remaining schedule (not having to face the Rams and Cardinals x2 again).

Although I must say the other teams we are competing against for a Wild Card Spot don't have exactly cup cake girl scout schedules. I think the only team that should make a Wild Card spot almost for sure ahead of us is the Saints.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":12t29knr said:
John63":12t29knr said:
John63":12t29knr said:
Shanegotyou11":12t29knr said:

I already answered you.

Again AFC east sucked donkey for 17 years. They all had sub .500 records minus NE. If Pete took a top D like he had before and bill had during that time, he would have a 13 and 6 record.

Lets not forget that Pete has more playoff appearances and wins in the playoffs without Russ then Bill does without Brady.

And again non of this changes the fact that even PC recognizes without Wilson he would not be here.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Listen, I get your point and I think all of us do.

But with 3 different OC's, Wilson KEEPS reverting to hero ball. People keep saying PC loves to try to fit a square peg in a circle hole but Wilson keeps wanting to get the ball as far downfield as possible in as little plays as possible which would be fine if we were scoring each time we do.

Otherwise you're just sending the D back on the field too quickly, they get gassed and then it becomes a shootout. At that point, all it takes is one mistake from either team for the opposing team to win. What if it's us, all the time. Do we put the spotlight back on Wilson since "we have a new HC", or did we have another shit HC again

classicaaron

Reaction score
he said what we definitely all know. Pete does a good job of being able to coach to keep the game close and always be in it. I hate this style, id rather win a bunch of games big and lose a few games big rather than play every week to be a one score game. The flaw in his coaching strategy is very evident when you dont have a great QB. When you have a hall of famer we will win 7 out of 10. When you have a scrub like now you will lose 9 out of 10. The fact he doesnt change his strategy based on personnel also shows he has major flaws. If this doesnt shed light on the organization to move on or for Pete himself to realize to "let Russ cook" than all those involved are even more oblivious than i could imagine.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Tokadub":2b2wpkyr said:
whoever made the decision to trade our future for Jamal Adams and yet our defense continues to suck, that was a franchise changing failure.

I think this was, at least in part, a front office reaction to losing ET. Unfortunately Adams is not ET.

seabowl

Reaction score
This was the biggest statement made by anyone on the team over the last 15 years.

Pete literally screwed himself with this statement. They can’t possibly trade Wilson now that the coach states he would have been done without him.

Now more than ever I believe Pete will be gone after the season.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It'll be interesting if Pete leaves and Russ stays to see how much Pete has masked RWs fatal flaws. :D

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete has had all these flaws since USC.

(Not the 2nd Coming of Ty Willingham thing...that is new in the past 5 years)

But the rest? All Pete.

Pete was never a good coach. He had 3-4 ideas/concepts that he executed and built on to succeed. They worked.

But the key to this was on Wilson and Scott falling in his lap.

Scott built that tremendous 49ers roster, then came and built a better one here.

And Wilson covers up a lot of mistakes.

It sounds like Pete knew that he was out of ideas, the ideas he had stopped working some time ago, and he has been riding Wilson's coattails for a while. Not only was Wilson carrying him, but even worse, Wilson was OVERCOMING him. And Pete knew this.

He sounds like he desperately wanted to win without Wilson to show that he could. That some part was him, not just Wilson. And now he knows that is not true. He has been a weight that Wilson has dragged to the playoffs for years.

Pete does nothing for this team but make the journey more difficult. And despite this, Wilson manages to drag the team to the playoffs again and again.

That is the sound of Pete's legacy burning to the ground. And all he had to do was leave earlier instead of extending, and he would have been beloved here. But if Wilson leaves, he will take the blame for it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1iqa6lvn said:
John63":1iqa6lvn said:
DangeRussHawk":1iqa6lvn said:

If Bill had this team over the last decade 90%+ it would have been a dynasty. How many backup QB's did Bill make look good enough to get other franchises to give up meaningful picks for (Cassel wasn't any better than Geno)? Comparing Pete to Bill at this point is laughable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":3pi7abmv said:
Pete Carroll on how much Seahawks miss Russell Wilson. “I’ve been here a long time and if we didn’t have Russell I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time.”

How could he not come to any other conclusion.

Russell's been compensating for his terrible personnel and playmaking scheme mistakes for a decade.......as well as Pete's terrible in game decisions and clock management.

You'd think maybe this would give Pete a moment of pause to consider that he's not the head coach he once was, and maybe it's time to hang it up. But I doubt it.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":25hjbq51 said:
Listen, I get your point and I think all of us do.

But with 3 different OC's, Wilson KEEPS reverting to hero ball. People keep saying PC loves to try to fit a square peg in a circle hole but Wilson keeps wanting to get the ball as far downfield as possible in as little plays as possible which would be fine if we were scoring each time we do.

Otherwise you're just sending the D back on the field too quickly, they get gassed and then it becomes a shootout. At that point, all it takes is one mistake from either team for the opposing team to win. What if it's us, all the time. Do we put the spotlight back on Wilson since "we have a new HC", or did we have another $h!t HC again

Yet the passing charts that are in this forum show otherwise. He has been throwing short and med much more than long. But hey let's not let those facts get in the way.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":83mmvp6i said:
It'll be interesting if Pete leaves and Russ stays to see how much Pete has masked RWs fatal flaws. :D

or see how much Pete has handcuffed Wilson and this team

LTH

Reaction score
John63":1enjdotu said:

And He is right... Russell Wilson is a great QB there is no question about that but to take away credit from Pete Carroll for bringing Wilson along and nurturing him and putting him in position for success is not accurate...

Yes, questions were answered on how much this team misses Wilson... yes questions were answered is Geno a starting caliber QB..

LTH

Latest posts