Has PC lost the locker room?

renofox

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Fox. I've been a Seahawkoholic since 1976, and have been on the Fire PC Wagon since 2018.

I don't believe PC has lost the locker room. His bad decisions and mismanagement have led to a really bad situation, but I don't believe it will stay bad for long.

He finally recognized that he created a horrendous safeties situation, and is now trying to address it. He brought in and then overpaid underperforming locker room cancers. It took him a long time to realize it, but now that he's working to fix it I think the problem will soon be resolved.

I still want him fired after the season, but I believe this foul locker room environment will be quickly cleansed. PC is really bad at a lot of things, but maintaining a good locker room is still a strength.

Then again, maybe my hopes are overriding my head?

GemCity

Reaction score
Great question. I know Pete is awesome with the youngsters. It’s usually the mid-career, veteran types that start to blow off the hoorah.

Definitely torn on if he should stay or go. He’s a legend and brought us a bowl. But, all things change.

This roster has, imo, severely underperformed. Coaches have been fired for less.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I believe he's lost this current team. The 2023 Seahawks are filled with a bunch of overpaid, satisfied athletes.

If he comes back next year, I'm hoping they will bring in young, unproven guys that he typically has more success with getting his message across.

But as for this 2023 team, yes, I believe he's lost the locker room. DK keeps acting out (yes I know Warner is to blame but he still reacted), Adams goes rogue repeatedly on D, Diggs doesn't even try, Wagner looks like he's playing in mud. Kenny McIntosh hasn't even seen playing time. D Hall is barely out there. He's playing the old vets rather than giving some of these kids a chance.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The younger players who haven't been "paid" like Spoon, Mafe, Brooks and Bobo, will still run through a wall for Pete. They'll come out and play with fire on every snap.

The "paid" veteran players like JA and Diggs, half-assing it and loafing on the field are another story.

warden

Reaction score
Winning hides a lot of internal conflicts and problems

Losing on the other hand brings those internal conflicts and problems to center stage

CactusJack

Reaction score
I think a lot of us have been wanting a change for a while. I've been on the Pete needs to go bandwagon for a couple of years (Post 2021). The Russ trade signaled to me that Pete would be sticking around. So, I've just come to accept that reality for what it is.

I expect him to make some changes to his staff. But Pete isn't one to just throw in the towel. He & John are too immersed in this thing together.

They will cut ties with guys who aren't fully bought in. But not much will change for the most part.

Last edited: