PC finally being honest

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
LTH":3p52cgbq said:
John63":3p52cgbq said:
Pete Carroll on how much Seahawks miss Russell Wilson. “I’ve been here a long time and if we didn’t have Russell I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time.”

And He is right... Russell Wilson is a great QB there is no question about that but to take away credit from Pete Carroll for bringing Wilson along and nurturing him and putting him in position for success is not accurate...

Yes, questions were answered on how much this team misses Wilson... yes questions were answered is Geno a starting caliber QB..

LTH

Or how much PC has stunted his growth in this arcane system, Lets remember Wilson leads the league in 4th qtr and OT comeback wins, and game-winning drives. In his rookie season he had 4, should,d have had 5 but our defense could not hold a lead for 20 or so seconds. Not sure how PC nurtured anything when you do that as a rookie. PC admission is huge and makess it clear he knows Wilson is why he still has a job.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":217mz453 said:
LTH":217mz453 said:
John63":217mz453 said:
Pete Carroll on how much Seahawks miss Russell Wilson. “I’ve been here a long time and if we didn’t have Russell I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time.”

And He is right... Russell Wilson is a great QB there is no question about that but to take away credit from Pete Carroll for bringing Wilson along and nurturing him and putting him in position for success is not accurate...

Yes, questions were answered on how much this team misses Wilson... yes questions were answered is Geno a starting caliber QB..

LTH

Or how much PC has stunted his growth in this arcane system, Lets remember Wilson leads the league in 4th qtr and OT comeback wins, and game-winning drives. In his rookie season he had 4, should,d have had 5 but our defense could not hold a lead for 20 or so seconds. Not sure how PC nurtured anything when you do that as a rookie. PC admission is huge and makess it clear he knows Wilson is why he still has a job.

I'm not going to get into that discussion because there is nothing I can say that will even get you to consider my points... your mind is made up... Fine believe what you want...

LTH

JustTheTip

Reaction score
LTH":37nxo1yk said:
John63":37nxo1yk said:
LTH":37nxo1yk said:
John63":37nxo1yk said:

LTH

I'm not going to get into that discussion because there is nothing I can say that will even get you to consider my points... your mind is made up... Fine believe what you want...

LTH

And yours isn't?

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Tokadub":29kgbjjg said:
I'm not ready to say that Pete is 100% of the problem but whoever made the decision to trade our future for Jamal Adams and yet our defense continues to suck, that was a franchise changing failure.

WE MAY NEVER KNOW IF IT WAS ALL PETE WANTING JAMAL ADAMS AND SCHNEIDER WAS LIKE "PETE THIS IS NOT A WISE DECISION, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!". What if they were both on board and excited about that trade???

That being said, our defense played easily well enough to win tonight including even Jamal Adams.

It's just unfortunate we are in such a tough Division that even making a Wildcard Spot with our remaining schedule including (Green Bay, Rams, Cardinals)...

We might be in a situation (even if we turn it around) where we miss the Wild Card spot by 1 game to a team with an easier remaining schedule (not having to face the Rams and Cardinals x2 again).

Although I must say the other teams we are competing against for a Wild Card Spot don't have exactly cup cake girl scout schedules. I think the only team that should make a Wild Card spot almost for sure ahead of us is the Saints.

Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman curse?

If Pete Carroll kept them two, the Seahawks might be in a different place the last few years. Richard Sherman being cut was a shocker, Earl Thomas not so much, but if they would of gave Thomas a new contract, the safety position would not be in question. Would rather have Earl Thomas, draft picks, and smaller salary, than Jamal Adams.

Doug Baldwin gave the bird to the Seahawks bench, but he was welcomed back. Double standard?

LTH

Reaction score
JustTheTip":syn3gcmy said:
LTH":syn3gcmy said:
John63":syn3gcmy said:
LTH":syn3gcmy said:

LTH

LTH

And yours isn't?

No it is... I think its completely stupid to think that Pete Carrol has hampered Wilsons growth as a QB...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
LTH":3j62hjok said:
JustTheTip":3j62hjok said:
LTH":3j62hjok said:
John63":3j62hjok said:

LTH

And yours isn't?

No it is... I think its completely stupid to think that Pete Carrol has hampered Wilsons growth as a QB...

LTH
Growth for a QB has much more to do with mental toughness and preparedness... the mental side of the position is more than the physical part of it...I think Carroll contributed greatly to that aspect of Wilsons career... Hard to say if he was drafted into a different system with a different coach if he would be a better QB... everybody brings something different... but to say that Carroll didn't nurture and bring Wilson through the ranks really well is not an accurate statement and I'm sure that Wilson would have that same view...

That being said... Wilson might want to move on for his own reasons... I don't know what he is thinking and I don't think anyone really knows the truth at this point...

LTH

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
LTH":tb1n7mng said:

LTH

I would say that it probably has hampered his win to loss totals.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":hhltomp8 said:
Listen, I get your point and I think all of us do.

But with 3 different OC's, Wilson KEEPS reverting to hero ball. People keep saying PC loves to try to fit a square peg in a circle hole but Wilson keeps wanting to get the ball as far downfield as possible in as little plays as possible which would be fine if we were scoring each time we do.

Otherwise you're just sending the D back on the field too quickly, they get gassed and then it becomes a shootout. At that point, all it takes is one mistake from either team for the opposing team to win. What if it's us, all the time. Do we put the spotlight back on Wilson since "we have a new HC", or did we have another $h!t HC again

I think that watching the 1st half of the 1st game of this year, when the 'new improved offense' was pretty successful, or at least had promise - answers the question.

Russ has been audibling out of any intelligent or non-intelligent playcalling for several years.

Witness: Him rolling his eyes on the sidelines last week at a call he didn't ilke. He does usually hide it, and just audibles himself out of whatever doesn't suit him.

Replace the OC 20 times, and you'll still get the same result.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":39wcuzsb said:
John63":39wcuzsb said:
DangeRussHawk":39wcuzsb said:
That’s why we’re hoping that with Wilson unavailable to bail Pete out, the franchise can finally get rid of Carroll sooner than later. It finally shows that Carroll is the problem and not Wilson.

Yup and it seems alot of people are seeing it.

Derp. Just like Bill was the issue and not Tom. Am i doing this right?

Yeah well when you build a super team on both sides of the ball around Brady like the Bucs did of course he's going to have instant success. Brady left because New England had minimal talent on both sides of the ball and it showed in Brady's last season with the Patriots. After 1 season of retooling, the Patriots are already showing significant improvement on defense and are developing Mac Jones (A Rookie!) quite well.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
LTH":5opbqzir said:
JustTheTip":5opbqzir said:

LTH

And yours isn't?

LTH
Growth for a QB has much more to do with mental toughness and preparedness... the mental side of the position is more than the physical part of it...I think Carroll contributed greatly to that aspect of Wilsons career... Hard to say if he was drafted into a different system with a different coach if he would be a better QB... everybody brings something different... but to say that Carroll didn't nurture and bring Wilson through the ranks really well is not an accurate statement and I'm sure that Wilson would have that same view...

That being said... Wilson might want to move on for his own reasons... I don't know what he is thinking and I don't think anyone really knows the truth at this point...

LTH

Maybe for some QBs but given Wilson's history moving from one college who wanted to move on from him to another, to becoming the captain etc etc. He had those things already. Even if we say okay PC helped with that, that does not mean he has not hurt his growth in other areas. Whatever help PC may or may not have been was geared toward his system. Which is used by few teams and is antiquated so in that way alone hew hampered, Wilson.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":13biwa35 said:
LTH":13biwa35 said:
LTH":13biwa35 said:
JustTheTip":13biwa35 said:
And yours isn't?

LTH

LTH

Maybe for some QBs but given Wilson's history moving from one college who wanted to move on from him to another, to becoming the captain etc etc. He had those things already. Even if we say okay PC helped with that, that does not mean he has not hurt his growth in other areas. Whatever help PC may or may not have been was geared toward his system. Which is used by few teams and is antiquated so in that way alone hew hampered, Wilson.

I'm not going to argue that Wilson wasn't strong in those area's but to say that Carroll didn't add to or help him in any way is ridiculous and you have no bases to say other wise... but I'm sure your going to run with it anyway so have at it...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":jptwaua2 said:
LTH":jptwaua2 said:
John63":jptwaua2 said:

LTH

That just proves that Pete has not let the offense open up hardly ever here, when you have to come from behind that much to tie and get OT wins the offense isn't dominating anything, Kudos for having a QB that can do it, if not for that then we would be looking at a different Head Coach right now.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":15h68iup said:
John63":15h68iup said:
LTH":15h68iup said:
John63":15h68iup said:

LTH

That just proves that Pete has not let the offense open up hardly ever here, when you have to come from behind that much to tie and get OT wins the offense isn't dominating anything, Kudos for having a QB that can do it, if not for that then we would be looking at a different Head Coach right now.

Which is what PC said.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2el9rw0o said:
chris98251":2el9rw0o said:
John63":2el9rw0o said:
LTH":2el9rw0o said:

LTH

Which is what PC said.

He said he would not be here if not for Wilson most likely, but he has put the team in positions to need miracle plays by Wilson and the defense to do what we have done rather then take the soul from a team by stopping ourselves rather then making another team stop us.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":stoh5akd said:
John63":stoh5akd said:
LTH":stoh5akd said:
John63":stoh5akd said:

LTH

You think you get the kind of stats Wilson has with out opening it up? I think not...I think a better way to put it is that Carroll doesn't open it up as much as what people want...

I just think Pete's statement, any coach that has a great QB could make the same claim... so what is it saying... Carroll honoring Wilson for being a great QB? I think so.... I could not see how Carroll would not feel blessed to have great QB in Wilson...I'm sure he does feel blessed

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":10ylq1kw said:
Lies. I was told that Pete Carroll detests Russell Wilson.

Interesting...

Please elaborate.

LTH

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
LTH":pk8rlrbs said:
chris98251":pk8rlrbs said:
John63":pk8rlrbs said:
LTH":pk8rlrbs said:

LTH

You think you get the kind of stats Wilson has with out opening it up? I think not...I think a better way to put it is that Carroll doesn't open it up as much as what people want...

I just think Pete's statement, any coach that has a great QB could make the same claim... so what is it saying... Carroll honoring Wilson for being a great QB? I think so.... I could not see how Carroll would not feel blessed to have great QB in Wilson...I'm sure he does feel blessed

LTH

He opens it up when he has no choice. That the difference. Instead of letting the offense play all out for 4 qtrs he opens it up when he has no choice. Remember Lynch in the Sb asking if they could score more. Well that should tell u something. PC himself had said he wants to run, play defense and win I the end. Guess what that means play an offense to keep u in the game till its time to win or I other words take the handcuffs off. He said it again whe he made his statement how they miss his magic. Hmm you don't need magic if your allowed to play uncuffed for a whole game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":me2plwzn said:

LTH

If anything Carroll has helped Wilsons development with his horrible game planning and awful schemes. Not every QB could overcome that.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3ncwlwik said:
LTH":3ncwlwik said:

LTH

If anything Carroll has helped Wilsons development with his horrible game planning and awful schemes. Not every QB could overcome that.

Its completely obvious that you have no clue who Pete Carroll is... and I don't say that trying to degrade you or put you down...it's just the truth...I know that you will not accept what I'm saying... But I do know that you have NO CLUE what Pete Carroll is about and from my perspective its quite funny...

I would say that you should read Carroll's book or at least find a way to understand who Carroll is besides just looking at stats... Really because to someone (and I'm not talking about myself,) who knows who Pete is and understands Pete Carroll.s philosophy you look really foolish...I say that with as much respect as I can...

just sayin...

LTH

Latest posts