PED Suspensions Trending Away From Seahawks

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RiverDog":2etvv9sj said:
Willyeye":2etvv9sj said:
Moffitt, Barbre and Guy were all gone from the team in short order.

Let's get the record straight on our implied roster purge.

Barbre and Guy were gone in short order mainly because they weren't good enough to make the team, although the PED thing probably didn't help their chances. Moffitt tested positive for PED's in Dec. of 2011, started 6 games in 2012, was traded in August of 2013. Browner tested positive in 2012, played in 8 games in 2013, was suspended for substance abuse late in that season, then hit agency at the start of the following season. He wasn't resigned, and PED's were a part of that decision with a larger part being that Byron Maxwell was a better player. Bruce Irvin tested positive early in 2013 and was suspended for the first 4 games. He's still on the roster.

My point is that Pete doesn't have any less tolerance for PED's than anyone else, to the contrary, one could argue that he has shown more tolerance. But I do agree with others that Harbaugh's "beyond reproach" statement was ludicrous and hypocritical.

Seems pretty safe to say that Pete doesn't knee jerk react and that makes sense considering his history with trying to help out troubled youths but I think the PED's like many other things do put a huge black mark on the guilty. In other words Pete didn't immediately jettison any of the players who failed tests and IMO that is a good thing but those failed tests made it that much harder for those players to keep their roster spots.

Irvin is the only one who really hasn't been in position to have to make the team. He was a first round draft pick and under contract for four years. The team did pass on his 5th year option and you can ask if they do that if he hadn't at one point failed a test. I'd also fully expect to see Bruce gone after this next season.