Percy Harvin/Golden Tate fight

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1qom66o5 said:
[

Remember he did it because Bevell vouched for him and said he would be a difference maker and he needed a explosive playmaker.

Sold Pete with the Rice Harvin combo resurrection from Minny.

Even after that and after the Hawks fixed his hip Bevell could never figure out how to use Percy. Percy in fact suffered by having Bevell as his OC. Bevell also had trouble figuring how to use Graham and every other TE the team had.

Those two trades were for me the worst trades the team has made in the JS/PC era expensive on every level without the productivity you would expect to go along with the cost.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
olyfan63":19xr6oze said:
I've posted before that based on his history and behavior ALL the way through his football career, Harvin checks nearly ALL the boxes for Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). And the highly sociopathic flavor of it.

Percy Harvin needed to smoke pot to "calm his nerves" or whatever before pretty much every game. It's a classic BPD trait, and whether it's pot, alcohol, oxy, or whatever.

Brandon Marshall is pretty much the only celebrity/athlete EVER to publicly acknowledge having BPD. Mad props to him. Harvin does not have the courage or honesty of a Brandon Marshall (few do, in fairness) so he talks about his "anxiety disorder" to avoid being real about the situation.

People with BPD have these "toddler rage" episodes from time to time when they get angry. If you've ever seen a 3-year old throw themselves on the floor and scream when mom won't buy them candy in the supermarket checkout line, that's what we're talking about, only an adult-size version, and with adult-size violence directed at others. At Florida, Harvin grabbed his position coach by the throat and threw him to the ground. The Golden Tate situation was no doubt just another in a long line of these tantrum rage episodes for Harvin. Harvin sucker-attacked his Florida coach, and most likely sucker-punched Tate in a fit of BPD toddler rage. Tate denies the incident, as I, and most others, would expect him to.

People with BPD also do another behavior where they rearrange facts and data and sequences of events in their head to match their emotions. Then they start making up stories (lies) that align with their emotionalized version, and makes them the hero and others the villain of their stories. Then they repeat their stories (LIES) to others with *completely congruent* nonverbals and emotion, and are adept at suckering others into believing their lies. Then they privately laugh at and mock everyone they sucker with their lies. They congratulate themselves bout how they are SO brilliant, and other people are SO... STUPID!! I suspect some of Harvin's injury malingering that frustrated Pete had elements of this.

So you can expect a Harvin interview to contain quite a few compelling LIES that he actually has repeated enough to himself that he can no longer distinguish his lies from the objective reality of what happened. However, included in their lies is often enough "accidental truth" that over time, when you compare their stories with other accounts, you can get closer and closer to the truth. So, BPDs also come up with strategies to keep people and groups they interact with from comparing stories. Strategies like going to a new social group/relationship and posing as a victim of their previous social group/relationship, which then polarizes the new against the old and keeps the new and the old from talking and comparing stories. BPDs also will go around planting negative seeds about people behind their backs to pit them against each other, for future use that suits the BPDs purpose.

If a BPD is going to a new social group, and cannot plausibly pose as a victim of the old, they will instead be on their best behavior for a honeymoon period, until they can't hold it in any more and their true nature comes out. This is what I observed with Harvin with the Seahawks, and with the Jets after leaving the Hawks, where Harvin appeared to be on his best behavior for a honeymoon period, after which I did not follow. After a while on the Hawks, the true Harvin came out.

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks did a formal diagnosis with Harvin at some point, and that his diagnosis was disclosed in the Jets trade, and the rest of the NFL personnel people are aware of it. I believe Pete got an education in this process.

Harvin's history, and ongoing behavior with the Seahawks, checked ALL the boxes, IMO, for a sociopathic BPD. Not Narcissistic Personality Disorder, but Borderline. Though the two are "Cluster B" conditions that are two peas in a pod, so BPDs will also have a significant amount of narcissistic traits, and they both run a lot of the same plays from the same playbook.
Incredibly accurate and high quality post. You must be educated in the mental health field.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":lq3tjzqj said:
chris98251":lq3tjzqj said:
[

Remember he did it because Bevell vouched for him and said he would be a difference maker and he needed a explosive playmaker.

Sold Pete with the Rice Harvin combo resurrection from Minny.

Even after that and after the Hawks fixed his hip Bevell could never figure out how to use Percy. Percy in fact suffered by having Bevell as his OC. Bevell also had trouble figuring how to use Graham and every other TE the team had.

Those two trades were for me the worst trades the team has made in the JS/PC era expensive on every level without the productivity you would expect to go along with the cost.

He wanted the Rice, Harvin explosion here and wanted a tilt the field guy with Graham. The issue was they didn't have the horses in other positions healthy to make that happen or a Head Coach that allowed high risk pay off plays to happen early in games, throw in Harvins injuries and the fact they lined Graham up as a true TE instead of a WR like the Saints and it was an implosion.

Players had great skills used in rolls that displayed them, but we wanted that when asked for and used them in rolls they were lousy at otherwise, additionally without a line that gave time for routes and the misdirection to develop to spring players lose and no screen game to disguise what we were doing with Harvin it was predictable.

Which made everyone look bad, that's on Bevell, not able to scheme and use players in their strengths, hell most of us here knew what they were good at, I can't believe the staff didn't, trying to force a player to do something they shied away from, Graham contact in any form, and Harvin as a true receiver that included blocking s well with lousy receiving skills and route running.

All you have to do is look at Dissly and see what they wanted from Graham.

As for Harvin I think the roll Penny is playing is more what they envisioned for Harvin.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Question is.. was he really hurt?
It was no coincidence that the game he came back was against Minnesota.

Next game? Divisional playoff
Next game? Super bowl

I don't think he wanted to play. I really don't