Percy Harvin Interview on John Clayton

rjdriver

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":ndozr1mw said:
I dont care about interviews, I care about what he does on the field and in 2013 it was nothing.

He was the most overrated player in the nfl when he was in minny and he continued it last year.

Out of 19 seahawks games he only played 3, and he was only good in one of those games and it came in garbage time when the game was already out of reach (victory was sealed in 1st half).

The second half kickoff is never garbage time.

Most of us were confident at the end of the first half, most thought we left points on the table, but I know of no one who thought the game was sealed at the end of the first. We may look back at it that way with hindsight being 20/20, but nobody felt it was in the bag at kickoff. Not with that offense personnel. It was Harvins return that broke the spirit of the Broncos. It was the catalyst. Garbage time started with Kearses TD IMHO.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rjdriver":5ugyu6yv said:
bjornanderson21":5ugyu6yv said:
I dont care about interviews, I care about what he does on the field and in 2013 it was nothing.

He was the most overrated player in the nfl when he was in minny and he continued it last year.

Out of 19 seahawks games he only played 3, and he was only good in one of those games and it came in garbage time when the game was already out of reach (victory was sealed in 1st half).

The second half kickoff is never garbage time.

Most of us were confident at the end of the first half, most thought we left points on the table, but I know of no one who thought the game was sealed at the end of the first. We may look back at it that way with hindsight being 20/20, but nobody felt it was in the bag at kickoff. Not with that offense personnel. It was Harvins return that broke the spirit of the Broncos. It was the catalyst. Garbage time started with Kearses TD IMHO.

I was worried as hell at halftime...I dont care how big the lead was. There was 30 minutes left and it is Peyton Manning. That kickoff return TD was essentially THE nail in coffin though. Whatever Fox said at halftime to try to pump up his players all went to crap and deflated that team the instant Percy showed no mercy.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1sx0hp7t said:

Wow...

I am trying to figure out how you came up with "overrated". The guy didn't have a camp, came into play when he could and did nothing but make plays.

Without a camp he took a KR to the house in the biggest game on a hop and made it look easy. He made a great catch in the Saints game, a great sweep and in his only other KR ran it for 60 yards.

The guy got his hip surgery out of the way so that it didn't give him lingering problems that eventually would have him in surgery anyways. Percy Harvin is one of if not the most dangerous offensive player in the NFL. He produced big numbers with Ponder as the QB. Overrated?

Sure thing...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HawkWow":19w5daoc said:
Oh...how many feel Harvin's TD in 48 really impacted the outcome of the game?

It ripped the heart out of Denver's hopes. Even the audio from John Fox where he said that he was doing fine until the Kick was returned.

The Donks came out doing everything they could to keep the ball from Harvin, with plans to make the comeback. When Percy scored, it ended everything.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The KR put all hope the Broncos had of a comeback right into the fire. I would think seeing Champ Bailey's reaction said it all, it demoralized Denver.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
-The Glove-":38vog6rw said:
I was worried as hell at halftime...I dont care how big the lead was. There was 30 minutes left and it is Peyton Manning. That kickoff return TD was essentially THE nail in coffin though. Whatever Fox said at halftime to try to pump up his players all went to crap and deflated that team the instant Percy showed no mercy.

I was too.. The family thought it was over at halftime but I was not yet on board until the return. It was Peyton Manning, the guy had made comebacks before and I only had to remember the 2004 Rams game and the 2003 Ravens game to remind me of what is possible.

chris98251

Reaction score
Didn't Manning have a 21 point comeback last season, you take nothing for granted when you are in the biggest game on the planet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3cpcqm8c said:

I'm amused by the fact that your post can be accurately summed up by one simple image:

Crying-baby3.jpg

Escamillo

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":81ibx2fy said:

The victory was not "sealed in the first half". It was sealed after the 2nd half kick-off.

It's like in baseball, if you have a great closer, he shortens games from 9 innings to 8 innings.
Well, that kickoff return shortened the Super Bowl from two halves to one half plus one kickoff. That ended the game, and that is important. Coming out of halftime, the Broncos still entertained fantasies of the biggest SB comeback ever, and were motivated to try to accomplist that. After that kickoff return, those fantasies vanished, they knew they were done, and their motivation was greatly diminished. One should not underestimate the power of reducing the Broncos to despondency.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":35bb832h said:

I Agree 100% ! For the rest of the blind readers you should of left out the part of him playing good in garbage time , since Harvin did impact that game from the first snap. But I agree we win easily without him

"3/19 games and overhyped " CAN'T Argue that

Fudwamper

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":31ukf19h said:
bjornanderson21":31ukf19h said:

I Agree 100% ! For the rest of the blind readers you should of left out the part of him playing good in garbage time , since Harvin did impact that game from the first snap. But I agree we win easily without him

"3/19 games and overhyped " CAN'T Argue that

Sure you can, the argument goes like this:

In all 3 of the games Percey Harvin played in for the Seahawks he made a substantial impact, that directly lead to scoring, therefore the hype was not overrated but warranted.

Argument made. See not that hard to make a short but convincing rebuttal to that statement.

253hawk

Reaction score
Having read just about every other message boards' XLVIII threads (and I've seriously read about 22/31 of them from start to finish,) two things are unanimous in every single one of them:

1) No one thought the game was over until Harvin's KR. Everyone figured Manning would put up a fight in the second half or at least had a chance. But after that play, every thread erupted in "GAME OVER!" It was truly the proverbial dagger.

2) Every other fan base in the league is envious of our defense. :179417:

Riley12

Reaction score
rjdriver":35vn7key said:
It was Harvins return that broke the spirit of the Broncos. It was the catalyst. Garbage time started with Kearses TD IMHO.

That is my feeling as well. I believe that the Broncos spent halftime resetting the game in their heads and planning how to make a defensive stop and then get some offense rolling. Harvin's kickoff return took all of that and, well, if you remember Jennifer Connelly at the end of Requiem for a Dream, did that.

I was shouting in the stands "Worth every draft pick! Worth every dollar!" after that play and I still stand by that analysis.

strohmin

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2if5otz3 said:

I know you are allowed to have your opinion, but I don't understand how he was over rated in Minnesota. He was the only one on that team that did anything besides Adrian peterson. As far as the Superbowl, he was on the field and I am pretty sure that sparked the whole team. He made 2 plays that most likely caused the defense to keep an eye out for him. He made his presence felt.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is denying Percy Harvins skill level and playmaking ability . Both of which are off the charts.I am denying his importance .Accountability is an important skill . Percy Harvin doesn't require that skill .

Just ask Viking fans . One half will claim that he was amazing and the other half will claim that his injuries weren't worth it .

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Pretty sure in the limited time Harvin has been on the field last season our offense got in position to kick a FG or a TD on almost every single drive he was involved in.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":n8iairu8 said:

People like you exist?? :34853_doh:

Hawks46

Reaction score
We were up 3 scores at halftime. You ask anyone without our defense if they are happy with a 3 score lead on Peyton Manning with a record setting offense and you're going to get an almost unanimous "no".

We've come back from 21 down last season, we came back from down what, 20 in the 4th quarter against Atlanta in a game where they'd held our offense in check all game....and we don't have the explosive offense that Denver does.

SF was down, what, 18 at halftime against Baltimore ? After a power outage killed Baltimore's momentum after that 3rd quarter TD kickoff return, SF came within 3 yards of winning that game. Give Manning an extra long halftime to figure out how to scheme against a defense he's seen on the field in the first half....you get the picture.

Harvin's TD return stole the heart from that team, and they still scored their first TD after that. Definately not garbage time.

Also, Harvin's fly sweeps opened up a Lynch run for a 1st down that gave us points as well. Harvin DOES make an impact. Did we get value for what we paid for him last year ? I'd say no, but it's not like we had to cut anyone to sign him. We had our team intact, added him, didn't need him that badly, and still got a little production out of him.

This year is different. This year, we're letting guys go and Harvin's contract contributes to that (slightly...in relation to the new extensions, it's still not that huge). Like Hawkwow said, if we get 3/4 of a season out of him, and can keep him for the playoffs, then he's going to be worth it. He's a born blitz beater; gaining instant separation for Wilson to hit. That's going to help an OL that needs help. It's going to open up stuff deep, it's going to open up stuff for the run game. Harvin commands defensive attention and the only two guys we had last year that did that were Wilson and Lynch.

HawkWow

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3a5q2vf3 said:
HawkWow":3a5q2vf3 said:
Oh...how many feel Harvin's TD in 48 really impacted the outcome of the game?

It ripped the heart out of Denver's hopes. Even the audio from John Fox where he said that he was doing fine until the Kick was returned.

The Donks came out doing everything they could to keep the ball from Harvin, with plans to make the comeback. When Percy scored, it ended everything.

No question. But Denver could have had a handful of hope and a handful of poop and all they'd really have would be a handful of poop. Sure Harvin's TD was demoralizing, but my question was...who believes we lose that game without Harvin? Again, I'm not ragging on Harvin here. I said I felt he should've been a contender for MVP, all I'm saying is no way do we lose without hm. We would have won that game without RW, IMO..

I stopped worrying about the win after the first play of Denver's 2nd possession. My only concern going in was how much success would the weak armed Manning have on us underneath, knowing no way would he have success going deep. When Kam lit Thomas up on that play, I was certain of the victory. Then it only got better. ; )

To be fair, there was a lot more to Harvin's game than the TD. He played a helluva game and spooked the D every minute he was on the field. Had he just turned the jets on, on the first sweep, he likely scores and would have been MVP. But calling it a team win would be the understatement of the year. .

The Radish

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3b6hup3h said:
bjornanderson21":3b6hup3h said:

Are you cereal?

If so it would be mush.

:roll: