Percy Harvin retires

brimsalabim

Reaction score
rideaducati":2yzieud0 said:
Seahawkfan80":2yzieud0 said:
kidhawk":2yzieud0 said:
Largent80":2yzieud0 said:
Except for the 2nd Half kickoff return of SB48, he is lost in my Seahawk fandom.

FIFY

Did he not Retire pretty much after that play???? :twisted:

No, he came OUT of retirement for that play.

then he pretty much returned to retirement following it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Remember how many of us said that Seattle would be different and that he'd be a stud here with Pete?

Yeah, we were stupid. Sure was a nice kick return though.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Laloosh":3bfb2cel said:
Remember how many of us said that Seattle would be different and that he'd be a stud here with Pete?

Yeah, we were stupid. Sure was a nice kick return though.

Sure was a nice kick in the balls though.

Wanted to fix it ....but felt this was more appropriate.

jkitsune

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1ppk3dmj said:
Hasselbeck":1ppk3dmj said:
kobebryant":1ppk3dmj said:
bjornanderson21":1ppk3dmj said:
Good riddance Percy, you always sucked and always will suck

Well, that's just not true by any objective measure.

You sound angry.

I'm convinced Percy kicked his dog or slept with his girl or something.

Not at all.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you KNEW your favorite team just made one of the worst trades in NFL history and EVERYONE ELSE is running around acting like we just made an awesome trade?

Wouldn't you be pissed if you got banned from multiple message boards for predicting everything that went wrong.

Wouldn't you be pissed about missing out on a perfect 19-0 season because of the horrible trade? We sign any average WR and we go 19-0 in 2013.

Wouldn't you be pissed knowing right away that Golden Tate would not be re-signed because of Harvin (Tate would've been very affordable compared to Harvin).

Wouldn't you be pissed knowing that a CRAP TON of cap space would be wasted on a loser and that we would have to let even more talent leave because of it?

No.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Good, that dudes a locker room cancer. He tried his best to split the locker room when he was here and for that I can never forgive him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":16r3sr0w said:
Not at all.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you KNEW your favorite team just made one of the worst trades in NFL history and EVERYONE ELSE is running around acting like we just made an awesome trade?

Wouldn't you be pissed if you got banned from multiple message boards for predicting everything that went wrong.

Wouldn't you be pissed about missing out on a perfect 19-0 season because of the horrible trade? We sign any average WR and we go 19-0 in 2013.

Wouldn't you be pissed knowing right away that Golden Tate would not be re-signed because of Harvin (Tate would've been very affordable compared to Harvin).

Wouldn't you be pissed knowing that a CRAP TON of cap space would be wasted on a loser and that we would have to let even more talent leave because of it?

Sorry, but those things piss me off.

You might not be upset because you were one of the 99% of people who were 100% wrong.

I'm part of the 1% who were totally right.

I've earned the right to be justifiably pissed about the horrible terrible trade.
Which NFL franchise are you the GM of with such a proven track record to be so arrogant about this regarding?

I'm honestly curious.

Wait, your whole outrage in this thread is based on one accurate prediction? Are you going to claim that if we searched your posting history, we'd find no misses, only hits?

Edit: Well, seeing as how your "whole posting history" is a massive two years, I guess we don't have much to go on.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rgm2m9f said:
bjornanderson21":2rgm2m9f said:
Not at all.

Sorry, but those things piss me off.

You might not be upset because you were one of the 99% of people who were 100% wrong.

I'm part of the 1% who were totally right.

I've earned the right to be justifiably pissed about the horrible terrible trade.
Which NFL franchise are you the GM of with such a proven track record to be so arrogant about this regarding?

I'm honestly curious.

Wait, your whole outrage in this thread is based on one accurate prediction? Are you going to claim that if we searched your posting history, we'd find no misses, only hits?

Edit: Well, seeing as how your "whole posting history" is a massive two years, I guess we don't have much to go on.

If you searched his posting history you would find two things, Percy Harvin hate and Front office being inadequate in trades. So really he is right about 1 thing out of two.

canfan

Reaction score
IrishNW":3snn60sw said:
Good, that dudes a locker room cancer. He tried his best to split the locker room when he was here and for that I can never forgive him.

This! :13:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I nursed a hatred for Harvin from the day he was announced to basically the day OF the SB.

I saw him as a threat to keeping Tate, so he was the enemy as far as I was concerned.

Day of the SB, he runs it back, I admit I must have been wrong about the guy, maybe he was going to be a help here...

Then after the SB, we lose Tate and Harvin sucks for the entire year.

He and Ruskell share a wall in my Hall of WTF as a Seahawk Fan.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1v8w8x8y said:
I nursed a hatred for Harvin from the day he was announced to basically the day OF the SB.

I saw him as a threat to keeping Tate, so he was the enemy as far as I was concerned.

Day of the SB, he runs it back, I admit I must have been wrong about the guy, maybe he was going to be a help here...

C'mon. The Hawks and the Harvin Jets Sweep CHANGED FOOTBALL FOREVER after the opener against GB.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Basis4day":nf2drw4f said:
TwistedHusky":nf2drw4f said:

C'mon. The Hawks and the Harvin Jets Sweep CHANGED FOOTBALL FOREVER after the opener against GB.

Dartboard bullseyes.....one is full of bull the other is half full.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1z2biine said:

Hopefully Behring has his own wall.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's a P.O.S. that not only ripped off money from the Seahawks, but from fans of Seahawks. Because of him, we were in cap hell and he basically defaulted on the contract. Being "too injured" to play except against the Vikings and in the SuperB Owl.

Hearsay Parvo P.O.S. extraordinaire.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Good riddance to Harvin. All that talent and opportunities wasted... for what? His ego led to his downfall as much as injuries did

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ehh, I've alluded to this is previous Harvin threads but he's retired now so it doesn't much matter anymore, so I'll just come out with it.

Harvin's issue has always been that throughout his life he has seriously suffered with hypochondria.

He was first diagnosed when he was on the Vikings, and they were willing to move on from him because they didn't think it was fixable.

The Seahawks traded for him fully knowing about his condition but convinced themselves they could fix him. They couldn't.

Harvin isn't injury prone, he just seriously suffers from hypochondria which doesn't mesh well with being a professional football player.

he's also not a bad a guy in the locker room, he's just a hypochondriac which doesn't mesh well with a room full of 52 other jocks who are playing through serious and diagnosed physical injuries. His condition caused a lot of animosity from players who didn't understand how debilitating it is, and resented him for "fake" injuries and constantly pulling himself out of games for "injuries."

The point here is that Harvin, from everything I've heard, isn't a bad guy, he just has a really serious medical problem.

He didn't screw over the Hawks as they traded for him knowing all about this. The story about Harvin and the Hawks is the Hawks made a bet that ended up crapping out. That's it.

TBF the Hawks' medical staff also did something that he found out about after the rumor leaked through the building, which essentially made the relationship with the team unfixable (why they cut him out of the blue in the middle of a season).