Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":un399lsh said:
Hasselbeck":un399lsh said:
kobebryant":un399lsh said:
bjornanderson21":un399lsh said:
Good riddance Percy, you always sucked and always will suck

Well, that's just not true by any objective measure.

You sound angry.

I'm convinced Percy kicked his dog or slept with his girl or something.

Not at all.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you KNEW your favorite team just made one of the worst trades in NFL history and EVERYONE ELSE is running around acting like we just made an awesome trade?

Wouldn't you be pissed if you got banned from multiple message boards for predicting everything that went wrong.

Wouldn't you be pissed about missing out on a perfect 19-0 season because of the horrible trade? We sign any average WR and we go 19-0 in 2013.

Wouldn't you be pissed knowing right away that Golden Tate would not be re-signed because of Harvin (Tate would've been very affordable compared to Harvin).

Wouldn't you be pissed knowing that a CRAP TON of cap space would be wasted on a loser and that we would have to let even more talent leave because of it?

Sorry, but those things piss me off.

You might not be upset because you were one of the 99% of people who were 100% wrong.

I'm part of the 1% who were totally right.

I've earned the right to be justifiably pissed about the horrible terrible trade.

We overpaid on the contract and the compensation, but that happens sometimes. Percy Harvin had a great Super Bowl at least.

And Tate was never coming back. Obviously playing the hindsight game you take Tate 100 times out of 100, but given the locker room issues with Russ .. just was not going to happen.

Also the 19-0 thing is hysterical. They were just as close to finish 8-8 that year as they were 13-3.

Congrats being in the 1% right about this though, hope you received your cookie in the mail. :th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3kpx7gyo said:
kobebryant":3kpx7gyo said:
bjornanderson21":3kpx7gyo said:

You sound angry.

Maybe he kicked his girl and slept with his dog?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Urban Meyer still tells all the skill player recruited that they'll be his next Percy harvin.

My fav Percy seahawk player wasn't the kick return. It was that fly sweep on the first series of the game. Like him or hate him, dude had incredible burst.

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2ekgg1wm said:
Hasselbeck":2ekgg1wm said:
kobebryant":2ekgg1wm said:
bjornanderson21":2ekgg1wm said:

You sound angry.

Not at all.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you KNEW your favorite team just made one of the worst trades in NFL history and EVERYONE ELSE is running around acting like we just made an awesome trade?

Wouldn't you be pissed if you got banned from multiple message boards for predicting everything that went wrong.

Wouldn't you be pissed about missing out on a perfect 19-0 season because of the horrible trade? We sign any average WR and we go 19-0 in 2013.

Wouldn't you be pissed knowing right away that Golden Tate would not be re-signed because of Harvin (Tate would've been very affordable compared to Harvin).

Wouldn't you be pissed knowing that a CRAP TON of cap space would be wasted on a loser and that we would have to let even more talent leave because of it?

You might not be upset because you were one of the 99% of people who were 100% wrong.

I've earned the right to be justifiably pissed about the horrible terrible trade.

So now that he is retired we won't ever EVER EVER have to hear you complain about him now right?

drdiags

Reaction score
chris98251":1zshcahl said:
So now that he is retired we won't ever EVER EVER have to hear you complain about him now right?

One can only hope, but seems this is like *XL to some. I am sure it will be brought up from time to time as a cautionary tale.

mrt144

Reaction score
chris98251":2i1n8oa1 said:

At the very least, the will to post again.

Vetamur

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1yy1fwmx said:
Hasselbeck":1yy1fwmx said:
kobebryant":1yy1fwmx said:
bjornanderson21":1yy1fwmx said:

You sound angry.

Not at all.

actually..no..except for the first thing, none of those things are worth getting worked up about.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
He'll piss away his money, in three years we'll be hearing "Percy Comeback" stories that hopefully flame out like Jamarcus Russell's comeback, and that will be that.

Good luck, Percival, in all your future endeavors outside the NFL.

kobebryant

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3ok7nxq7 said:
kobebryant":3ok7nxq7 said:
bjornanderson21":3ok7nxq7 said:

You sound angry.
Fine, he sucked after he turned pro. Happy?

Plus he is a piece of poo as a human being.

Wrong again. As a pro he was the offensive rookie of the year, 1x pro bowler. 1x all pro. Again, by no objective measure, did he suck once he turned pro.

And don't conflate him having terrible football character and being a crappy teammate with him being "poo as a human being". We know nothing of him as a citizen aside from his appearances at charity functions, that he is a father, and that he doesn't appear to be a criminal with any non-football issues.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1v4wcmu6 said:
Hasselbeck":1v4wcmu6 said:
kobebryant":1v4wcmu6 said:
bjornanderson21":1v4wcmu6 said:

You sound angry.

Not at all.

Bjorn, you know who you remind me of?

You remind me of Percy Harvin. Except without any talent.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hey stop with the personal attacks.

Percy was a head case. Everything that happened with him was sadly predictable, and several accurately predicted the outcome of this unfortunate trade. Still you have to like the willingness of this FO to swing for the fences.

This so called 'retirement' news goes into my 'who gives a crap' file. Reality is no team was willing to pay 'Percy' what 'Percy' wanted to be paid or wanted the headache that came with the player.

As humorously noted above he's been retired since he was in Seattle, and didn't work that much while being hugely overpaid even then. For sure he's a talented player with a 50 cent head. Overrated because he was selfish and could not get over how great he thought he was.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh!

The game was in hand the KO return just salted it away.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3cte8va7 said:
He'll piss away his money, in three years we'll be hearing "Percy Comeback" stories that hopefully flame out like Jamarcus Russell's comeback, and that will be that.

Good luck, Percival, in all your future endeavors outside the NFL.

Exactly. I thought I'd give him 5 years. But 3 is more likely.

chris98251

Reaction score
Now the question is going to be is he too injured to make the retirement roster and sit out half the season till he is healthy enough.